Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2017, 10:02 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times

Advertisements

'Bozo' was obvious a looooong time before this new conference.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:11 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Some body should be keeping count on how many times Trump voters bring up Obama. It's like they're saying "we know Trump is dumb but your guy was dumb too." Every time they bring up Obama it's an admission that they know Trump was a bad choice because they have to compare him to someone they characterized as the worst president in history.

Why don't they say he's doing a much better job than; Bush, Kasich or Romney would have done? I'm starting to see cracks in their defense of Trump. "He's better than a Yugo." I thought they would have been insulted at the display of dozens of blank file folders filled with hundreds of blank pieces paper masquerading as grueling busy work he was working on "all day" separating him from his business interest, but they bought it.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:45 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Can you answer my questions?
Hmmm. Seems like jimj has left the building, or at least this thread. I wonder why he can't respond?

Old 02-17-2017, 10:58 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,244,561 times
I don't think I've ever given rep so frequently on these forums until lately - so glad to see so many Americans aren't fooled by Trump.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
My goodness. So much incoherence and childish blaming.
Not many would argue with you on whether he acts childish but he is our president and if the Democrats had chosen a decent candidate you might have had a better outcome. Blame your own party who took it for granted Hillary would win easily.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:07 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Not many would argue with you on whether he acts childish but he is our president and if the Democrats had chosen a decent candidate you might have had a better outcome. Blame your own party who took it for granted Hillary would win easily.
The people that voted 3rd party in protest and the voters that stayed home were not all democrats, so both sides are to blame for this tragic result. And of the two left standing, Hillary Clinton was light years more qualified than the birther-in-chief and in fact, even comparing the qualifications of the two is profoundly ludicrous. I supported Bernie, but hell...it was an emergency to keep this corrupt buffoon far away from The Oval Office and only other buffoons would not have realized that.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:12 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
I don't think I've ever given rep so frequently on these forums until lately - so glad to see so many Americans aren't fooled by Trump.
I'm terrified how many are still fooled by him. Look at this board, it's truly terrifying how many people still praise them. If you can watch that news conference, and have your jaw not drop at the insanity then you're just a lost cause.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:15 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Clinton was a decent candidate. Maybe if people stopped believing Republican lies about her, it wouldn't have been an issue. We know it's a fact that Republican smear campaigns are why people hate her, because everything bad people accuse her of doing, Trump is doing 100 times worse and they think it's great. Blatant corruption, pay-to-play, collusion with a foreign power, and pathological lying are no problem for Republicans. When a Democrat does it, suddenly they're the worst candidate ever.

There is no group on this planet more hypocritical than Republicans.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:20 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Actually, Trump didn't start it by randomly bringing up his penis size in a debate. It was in response to Rubio talking about his short fingers, "and you know what they say about men with small hands" comment. So, the small hand joke was why he said his wife is satisfied. And to be fair, the pu$$y comment was said in private, long before he ran for president.

And I never thought people should make fun of Obama's ears, Hillary's ankle size or Trump's skin tone. We focus way too much on superficial things like looks, and in this day of mass media I get it, but I just can't imagine looks were more important than substance in the 19th Century candidates.

I used to think women had it the worst until Donald Trump came along, but people are brutal about his looks. His hair, his skin tone, he's fat, yada yada yada. Enough already. He has issues that are fair game, like his vocabulary, his ego, his braggadocio. But his looks and Hillary's looks shouldn't matter so much.
If you look through all my posts (and there are many!) I've never called President Trump "orange" and since he first announced his candidacy, I've referred to him as Trump or President-Elect or President Trump. I've written some harsh criticism, but it always bothers me when people start talking about a person's looks. So I agree that looks should never be an issue.

However, you've got to admit he brought a lot of attention to appearance from the get-go. Just view or listen to most of his interviews and he was always talking about a woman's breast size, her weight, etc. He even talked about his daughter in a sexual manner. He called Olympic Gold Medalist, Katerina Witt "Wonderful looking while on the ice but up close and personal, she could only be described as attractive if you like a woman with a bad complexion who is built like a linebacker." Would you like to hear/read that if you were her mother?

Okay, you'll say "that was the past," but even after he began running, he called Rosie O'Donnell a fat pig and said Heidi Klum was no longer a 10. He called Arianna Huffington extremely unattractive. Do you remember when Hillary went to the bathroom and he said it was disgusting? I honestly couldn't figure out that one, unless he doesn't pee. He tweeted in the middle of the night about a former Miss Universe and told all Americans to watch a sex tape. Oh, don't forget when he juxtaposed a glamour photo of Melania and an unflattering photo of Heidi Cruz and added something like "a picture's worth a thousand words." As I'm writing this, more examples come to mind, like when he said, "Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that?" during the primary debates He was talking about Carly Fiorina.

I'm sure there are many more examples I can give, not to mention imitating a disabled reporter. So although I agree that insulting a person's looks is unacceptable, he brings it upon himself. Anyway, if you watched yesterday's press conference, he was the rudest one in the room.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
This is a good summary of Trump's news conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEhd_-Tjn_A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies