Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2017, 11:48 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
The man is a moron, which apparently makes him connect well with his base. They like being fed his bs, and lather up with his witching against facts, even facts repeated back at him by the media.

What a bunch of dolts his base is.

from the democrats to their democratic base as well as America...

"affordable healthcare act" but prices went up..... and "we have to pass it to see what's in it"

Old 02-17-2017, 11:49 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
My goodness. So much incoherence and childish blaming.

EXACTLY, he sounded like some spoiled whiny brat on the playground!

Old 02-17-2017, 11:53 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
I wonder how many Republicans in congress will unhitch their wagon from Trump before they are up for reelection.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:55 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Bizarre.
What's more bizarre is that even Republicans are criticizing his Press Conference and his obsession with crowd numbers and EC votes, but these supporters are applauding it. I mean, I posted the video of a [URL="http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/16/shepard-smith-slams-president-trump/98023272/"]Fox News[/URL] reporter calling out Trump on all the lies and saying "We're not fools." Then I posted that one of his strongest supporters said "[URL="http://www.wmtw.com/article/maines-gop-governor-says-the-tv-shows-over-for-trump/8946767"]the TV show's over."[/URL]

It seems that Trump was right about shooting someone in the middle of NYC and keeping all of his loyal supporters, at least most of them. Like a good TV show producer, he knew his audience.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
EXACTLY, he sounded like some spoiled whiny brat on the playground!
I couldn't believe it when he called on the BBC reporter and began insulting the BBC. He ordered him to "sit down" as if he were reprimanding a child.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:02 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I wonder how many Republicans in congress will unhitch their wagon from Trump before they are up for reelection.
It depends on Trump's favorability ratings.

While Trump insists he doesn't have any faith in polls (other than the nelson ratings, of course), I suspect other Republican politicians hold them in somewhat higher regard.

Rasmussen is the only one whose has Trump at over 50% favorability. Everyone else has him dropping through the 40's over the past few weeks. We are starting to see some favorability ratings in the high 30's.

Once his number drop under 30%, it means that he's back to his base (28% of eligible voters picked Trump), and we will likely see Republicans, sporting their flag pins, calling for investigations all over the place, making sure to give ad-ready speeches for why they just had to stand up for this great nation.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:09 PM

I disagree that reporters hate Trump, although he's not helping by insulting them. I watched networks that lean left applaud Trump's victory speech after the election. Trump cannot go off script, however, or he sounds like a pompous jerk. I've never hidden my feelings and was upset on Nov 8, but I even wrote a post or 2 supporting Trump because, after all, he won the election. Then it didn't take a lot of time for him to start tweeting insults and going on a thank you tour, spewing all sorts of venomous lies and more insults, for the media to shrug their collective shoulders and say "we give up!" I'm sure if he began acting presidential, stopped lying, stopped talking about crowd numbers and his big win, we'd begin to see more positive articles about him. At this point, it's not a right or left thing, but more of a concern about America's future.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:19 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I almost left that out, because I knew someone would comment on it and not the other 95% of my long post.

I wasn't lying and, As GotHereQuickAsICould and evilcart wrote, we all saw the video which has been discussed numerous times. Also, BEFORE the Tonight Show was even aired, President Obama called the Chair of Special Olympics and sincerely apologized. He was actually making a self-deprecating joke about his bowling ability and it came out wrong, which he immediately realized. You are grasping at straws, as if often the case when trying to compare Trump to Obama. This subject has been discussed numerous times as well. Again, I wrote a very long post and you picked up on one short sentence which shows you have a weak argument.
So you still don't criticize Obama for mocking Special Olympics children. You just continue to defend him. Sad, but not surprising.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:32 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The question is at what point do the politicians stop putting party first and start thinking about their own behinds...

If his approval ratings drop below 30% or 25%, watch for this to happen. Especially for any Congress members that are up for re-election in 2018. His power to push his agenda will be neutered in that scenario...

Old 02-17-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
So you still don't criticize Obama for mocking Special Olympics children. You just continue to defend him. Sad, but not surprising.
I don't know if you are being stubborn or obtuse. I never said he was right, only that he immediately recognized his slip up and corrected it by apologizing, even before the show was aired, which was confirmed by the Special Olympics. Trump could have put this whole thing to rest a long time ago and apologized to the reporter. You cannot possibly compare a self-deprecating joke with mocking another person. Obama wasn't a perfect president, but there's just no comparison. Trump is very thin-skinned and cannot take criticism and he's very rude to anyone who doesn't support him. He called people who didn't vote for him "the opposition" and "my enemies."

How can you even begin to compare these 2 men? Look at the New Year's greetings from both Obama and Trump. Which man sounds optimistic and presidential? Which man sounds vindictive and boastful?

[url]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/815185071317676033?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw[/url]

[url]https://twitter.com/POTUS44/status/815600521688055808?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies