Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 01:04 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,916,630 times

Advertisements

I am far from being a politican nor care to be one in the future. Too much donkey kissing to please the rich.

So on to my rant and i value your input here. Just remember, im no politician so my political views are very well open minded.

For past 2-3 presidents, ICE has being doing about 500-800 raids a month through our country and every president has always suggested to put up a wall and add more boarder patrols. Now we get a person who is doing the exact same thing but more blunt on his words and he is accuse of being racist against mexicans? How is that? Moving on.
We all know that 9/11 was act of war on our nation and all were from saudia region. The world knows you dont mess with Saudi Arabia unless you can drill your own oil, so we attacked another nation that didnt have anything to do with it. Another story, for another thread. So now we got ISIS a knock off version of Al-queda issuing threats to other nations to follow them or be blown up. They attack the Euro regions across that nation to the point we BAN all traffic from those nations that they came from. So this ban to keep terrorism people out and the collateral damage it caused, is consider bad? Why is this bad? I mean any and all flights coming from the ISIS regions are going to have rogue fighters on those planes. Its been a proven fact. Again moving on.
Putting a stop on refugees? YES! Why are we focus on refugees from a country that is so well known to force its beliefs on to others and kill them if they dont follow? Spend money on better things for our own country before we start letting in others. Fix your own country and its problems by standing up to them. Die trying, our soldiers do every day, so whats your excuse? So he kept his promise he made on his campaigner trail and your surprised he is following through with it? Heck im happy to hear somebody that can walk and talk. Stop telling us what we want to hear, and tell us something we need to hear and what your going to do about it.
To me, those who are mad seems to be mad at all the wrong reasons. I was always brought up to remember.. Replubicans are for the rich as they attend to be more happy with tax cuts for the business and enjoy tax increase on the people, stop hand outs, while democracts love to tax the business and tax cut the people, and give hand outs. Did i sum this up?

Last edited by hitpausebutton2; 02-16-2017 at 01:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 01:05 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,574 times
hitspacebutton.

paragraphs are your friend.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
hitspacebutton.

paragraphs are your friend.
keyboard is running low batteries.. wireless.. i realized it wasn't working that well.. o well.. moving on..

Old 02-16-2017, 01:21 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
When Democrats say these things like Clinton in the 90's and Obama in 08 every one knows they don't really mean it and it's only to get the stupid white vote.

Hillary didn't need the white vote so it's OK to publicly evolve on the position of illegals and border security.

But alas those slave owning whites put a system in place to stop the will of the people.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:30 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Putting a stop on refugees? YES! Why are we focus on refugees from a country that is so well known to force its beliefs on to others and kill them if they dont follow? Spend money on better things for our own country before we start letting in others. Fix your own country and its problems by standing up to them. Die trying, our soldiers do every day, so whats your excuse?

Stop telling us what we want to hear, and tell us something we need to hear and what your going to do about it. To me, those who are mad seems to be mad at all the wrong reasons.

I was always brought up to remember.. Replubicans are for the rich as they attend to be more happy with tax cuts for the business and enjoy tax increase on the people, stop hand outs, while democracts love to tax the business and tax cut the people, and give hand outs. Did i sum this up?

This is what I got out of it. Republicans are doing what they usually do-yes. They are for the rich. That's why the cabinet members and other advisers are multi millionaires. Just because they are rich, doesn't mean they don't want to be even richer. They're in it for the money.

Yes, Democrats seem to want to give hand outs. In a way, they're doing the right thing but there are people who make a lifestyle out of handouts instead of going to work. Handouts are needed at times--for the truly disabled, for the elderly poor who can't work, and sometimes for people who are temporarily down on their luck. If anyone can argue with that, they are pretty mean spirited. But there needs to be a better system of making sure people who get handouts really need them.

As for spending money on refugees, I don't understand what the OP is getting at except that we do need to spend money on our own country. Our infrastructure, our poor, our health care, our criminals.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:37 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
I am far from being a politican nor care to be one in the future. Too much donkey kissing to please the rich.

So on to my rant and i value your input here. Just remember, im no politician so my political views are very well open minded.

For past 2-3 presidents, ICE has being doing about 500-800 raids a month through our country and every president has always suggested to put up a wall and add more boarder patrols. Now we get a person who is doing the exact same thing but more blunt on his words and he is accuse of being racist against mexicans? How is that? Moving on.
We all know that 9/11 was act of war on our nation and all were from saudia region. The world knows you dont mess with Saudi Arabia unless you can drill your own oil, so we attacked another nation that didnt have anything to do with it. Another story, for another thread. So now we got ISIS a knock off version of Al-queda issuing threats to other nations to follow them or be blown up. They attack the Euro regions across that nation to the point we BAN all traffic from those nations that they came from. So this ban to keep terrorism people out and the collateral damage it caused, is consider bad? Why is this bad? I mean any and all flights coming from the ISIS regions are going to have rogue fighters on those planes. Its been a proven fact. Again moving on.
Putting a stop on refugees? YES! Why are we focus on refugees from a country that is so well known to force its beliefs on to others and kill them if they dont follow? Spend money on better things for our own country before we start letting in others. Fix your own country and its problems by standing up to them. Die trying, our soldiers do every day, so whats your excuse? So he kept his promise he made on his campaigner trail and your surprised he is following through with it? Heck im happy to hear somebody that can walk and talk. Stop telling us what we want to hear, and tell us something we need to hear and what your going to do about it.
To me, those who are mad seems to be mad at all the wrong reasons. I was always brought up to remember.. Replubicans are for the rich as they attend to be more happy with tax cuts for the business and enjoy tax increase on the people, stop hand outs, while democracts love to tax the business and tax cut the people, and give hand outs. Did i sum this up?
Excellent post.

The anti-Trumps are too ashamed of America to defend it against obvious threats.

Those among them who are white are steeped in white guilt.

They think that the country their forefathers created deserves to fail.

America is like the Roman Empire in its twilight -- over-extended, decadent, divided, inwardly centered around "identity" instead of outwardly oriented towards unity, and increasingly unwilling to do what is needed to survive and thrive.

But the election of Trump is a sign that there might be hope for us yet.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Putting a stop on refugees? YES! Why are we focus on refugees from a country that is so well known to force its beliefs on to others and kill them if they dont follow? Spend money on better things for our own country before we start letting in others. Fix your own country and its problems by standing up to them. Die trying, our soldiers do every day, so whats your excuse?

Stop telling us what we want to hear, and tell us something we need to hear and what your going to do about it. To me, those who are mad seems to be mad at all the wrong reasons.

I was always brought up to remember.. Replubicans are for the rich as they attend to be more happy with tax cuts for the business and enjoy tax increase on the people, stop hand outs, while democracts love to tax the business and tax cut the people, and give hand outs. Did i sum this up?

This is what I got out of it. Republicans are doing what they usually do-yes. They are for the rich. That's why the cabinet members and other advisers are multi millionaires. Just because they are rich, doesn't mean they don't want to be even richer. They're in it for the money.

Yes, Democrats seem to want to give hand outs. In a way, they're doing the right thing but there are people who make a lifestyle out of handouts instead of going to work. Handouts are needed at times--for the truly disabled, for the elderly poor who can't work, and sometimes for people who are temporarily down on their luck. If anyone can argue with that, they are pretty mean spirited. But there needs to be a better system of making sure people who get handouts really need them.

As for spending money on refugees, I don't understand what the OP is getting at except that we do need to spend money on our own country. Our infrastructure, our poor, our health care, our criminals.
We spend close to 35k per refugee in the states that are accepting them. I know were i use to live, the sponsor (church) paid for 2 apt for family of 5. When i moved out, non was working. What i dont get is, if somebody comes to my town or country forcing its religion on to me, i will do my best to defend it, rather with bullets or dialogue. Why run? ISIS even got kids fighting, so fight back. Sorry if your a kid, but if your going to aim a gun, best use it or i will.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:41 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

You seem to have morphed that old saying about the Republicans and the Democrats. My father who passed away years ago and lived through the "great Depression"......that's the real one {1929-} Quoted it many times.........."The republicans are for the rich , and the Democrats are for the WORKING man" Not the party of "handouts"

Old 02-16-2017, 01:44 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
You seem to have morphed that old saying about the Republicans and the Democrats. My father who passed away years ago and lived through the "great Depression"......that's the real one {1929-} Quoted it many times.........."The republicans are for the rich , and the Democrats are for the WORKING man" Not the party of "handouts"
Maybe once upon a time.

No longer the case. They figured out long ago that handing out free stuff (bought with working man's tax dollars) they could gain very very loyal voters for life.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:56 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post

You did. But, bottom line is, the left control the media and create false narratives to suit their agenda. Trump is actually doing what past Presidents said they would/have done.

The liberals have transformed to open minded people, but in the past few years have transformed into the need to focus on "identity politics", which basically groups people into collective segments who no longer can have individual thoughts, but if you think for yourself, you're considered a racist,homophone,xenophobe, etc. The media has been pushing out this narrative for the past few years.

Hillary thought that she was a shoe in to win, so she pushed that entire narrative onto Trump, all whilst basically doing nothing to campaign. But, Hillary is the front-runner behind some very shady and underhanded stuff in our govt that was basically selling us out to other countries. Trump is against that.

So, because the media controls the narrative, who is the media in bed with? The top 1%. The democrats and the left (heck, I'd even say and the Republicans also) are all working together since the companies who own the media also control Congress (lobbyist with their $$$$), hence, why you see all these celebrities in Hollywood speaking out.

Trump is basically against all of this and wants America to return to the way it was before we had big brother govt in our pockets and to re-distribute wealth. But that's not what the top 1% want, so they're using the media to do everything they can to slander him.

That's basically what's happening, in a nutshell. Unless Trump and the media are playing everyone and trying to create a divisional civil war at home, but yeah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies