Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Happy with Trump so far?
Happy with Trump? 80 39.22%
Satisfied with Trump? 27 13.24%
Dissatisfied with Trump ? 97 47.55%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 08:26 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
He does talk a lot about how much he respects Putin...

You always have to respect your opponent, especially when he has nukes just like you.

Trump's approach is a lot better than acting like a MAD COWBOY and calling him a THUG, KILLER, LOW LIFE and then expect to sit down with him to make deals and keep the peace.

its like calling your neighbor a low life, thug, POS and then inviting him for BBQ and pretend nothing happened and expect him to go along.....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 08:26 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So Trump is going to kill his opponents like Hitler? Yeah, how realistic
I think you missed his point.

Trump is killing his own supporters via policy.

Because you know duh libruls and muh guns and what not.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:30 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
I've rather lost my appetite for arguing about Trump, or even discussing him at all, but I do want to point out one thing about your poll: there is no option for those who are undecided or still withholding judgment.

A better poll might be along the following lines.

Satisfied
Uncertain
Dissatisfied

If you want to bring happiness into it, how about this?

Happy
Satisfied
Uncertain/Neutral
Dissatisfied
Unhappy

I don't consider happy and satisfied to be the same thing, as one speaks of pleasure, and the other of "well, it'll do," while not being truly neutral, either. Along the same lines, if I am dissatisfied with a product, I just won't buy it again. If I am truly unhappy, it is going to be returned.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:01 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Trump has been in office for less than 1 month and the hysteria coming from the MSM and Democrat is hilarious.

Comeback in 1 year or 2................Trump has been in office for less than 1 month.....that's like trying to analyze a football game in the 1st minute of the first quarter.......haters are going to hate no matter what.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:02 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Very happy! I'd be even happier if the media would stop lying and just shut up.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:18 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
CD poll, since we know the polls in the media have been so far off base.
No, "we" don't know the media polls are "so far off base." Most of the national polls right before the election showed Clinton ahead by a few; that turned out to be quite accurate, she won the popular vote by just over 2 percent. The other thing the polls got wrong is they underestimated Trump in rural areas of a few states.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:39 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrady11 View Post
I see both sides as well as the MSM as part of the problem to some extent. If you think that it's only the MSM and liberals, then you too are part of the problem.
All I ever hear is the right complaining about the left and vice versa.
People lack respect when attempting to have discourse. If you (general you) think your opinion is the only correct opinion and are disrespectful to those with differing opinions, nothing is going to be resolved. The minute someone disagrees I start seeing the childish "*******, snowflake, tRump, tiny hands, etc.... I know that there will be little or no chance of finding common ground.
Let's be honest, the minute that someone expresses that they aren't happy with something that Trump is doing or saying people automatically start blaming the left and the MSM instead of listening and attempting to understand why they feel this way.
He's the president and unification should be a major priority. He should rise above the criticism because that is what a mature adult does. Stop the blame game and show us that he has everyone's interests at heart, not just those that voted for him.
I'm looking at this from a psychological perspective. That is what I do.
But a lot won't meet with him from the other side. Those who have had success. What exactly should he do?

CBC won't meet with him, he's tried. But, Martin King the third did meet with him, it went well. While I think you are correct, there is only so much he can do in the face of all this opposition. This is not the usual dislike we have going on here, lets face that fact. Comparing this to Obama or Bush is hardly equal.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:52 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
awful poll, 66% of answers are positive which means they need to be discounted or over weighted..

Lousy poll, and frankly I am pretty sure OP knew it but wanted to shove the results to the positive side... funny to see the OP failing even with the cheating..

Old 02-17-2017, 12:06 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Well, rest assured that if Hilary had won it would be the same. All of this would still be happening because it's the times, not the person. We seem to cycle round and round. The good news is after the 60's comes the 70's and 80's.
I feel sorry for anyone who became president now. These protest and riots were already starting last year and will continue for a while. It doesn't seem to matter what they stand for, it's just the times.

What's noticeable is the fashion trends going with it. Sixties fashion is alive and well right now. So is decor. It's the times.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:07 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
trump is performing pretty much how liberals thought he would perform.

Unqualified for the job and it shows.

"well oiled machine" , my car is a well oiled machine. Does trump even know what that term means.
Do any of his supporters know what that means?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies