Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 01:21 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Strangely enough, you and I completely agree on those two points. Yes, every 4 years someone loses, and yes, for whatever reason, we view this one completely different than any before. What do you think the reasons for that might be?

Possibly, just possibly, could it be that Donald Trump is SUCH A HORRIBLE choice to run this country, both in character and qualifications, that we view him so much differently than any predecessor in recent history ? We have NEVER seen this backlash from so many people of different backgrounds and nationalities, around the world. That has to make even the most staunch Trump supporter question the reasons.

BTW, I did consult a Dr today, blood pressure is fine, need to lose a couple of pounds, but otherwise, ok. Thanks for asking.
If that's the reason, I think its an hysterical overreaction and I do believe that the media has fanned that flame.

In any case, no one in my book could be sleazier than the Clintons or more unqualified based on experience than Obama. That didn't make half the country unhinged.

Even if you turn out to be right, there are enough checks and balances at play to compensate.

Clearly the founding fathers did not feel it necessary to lay out one shred of qualifications needed to be president other than age/citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 01:23 PM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post

Since taking office, the bulk of what he's "accomplished" is golfing, undertaking self-aggrandizing victory rallies where he lies about his ratings and feeds his narcissistic megalomania, condemning everyone and everything critical of him as fake or the enemy of the people, kissing Vladimir Putin's backside, alienating longtime allies without provocation, whining (and lying) endlessly on twitter like a whiny, bratty kid, and continuing to foment hate and fear against brown people.

And the lemmings eat this crap up and call it candy.
I doubt there has ever been a President with more executive orders than President Trump in January, as this graphic shows-
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Old 02-18-2017, 01:26 PM

Also, President Trump's commitment to job growth-

"Jobs have already started to surge. Since my election, Ford announced it will abandon its plans to build a new factory in Mexico, and will instead invest $700 million in Michigan, creating many, many jobs. Fiat Chrysler announced it will invest $1 billion in Ohio and Michigan, creating 2,000 new American jobs. They were with me a week ago. You know you were here. General Motors likewise committed to invest billions of dollars in its American manufacturing operation, keeping many jobs here that were going to leave. And if I didn't get elected, believe me, they would have left. And these jobs and these things that I'm announcing would never have come here. Intel just announced that it will move ahead with a new plant in Arizona that probably was never going to move ahead with. And that will result in at least 10,000 American jobs. Walmart announced it will create 10,000 jobs in the United States just this year because of our various plans and initiatives. There will be many, many more, many more, these are a few that we're naming."

Old 02-18-2017, 01:27 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Give em hell Trump!
And that's the problem: hell is all he's been giving us, and it's no where near what he promised us when he was campaigning.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Where does Fox News fall in this spectrum of yours?
I don't watch Fox unless I'm flipping across channels to get coverage on some real time event like weather, shooting or some such thing.

So, I cant really say what their track record is.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
And that's the problem: hell is all he's been giving us, and it's no where near what he promised us when he was campaigning.
President Trump's executive orders are mirroring his campaign actually, and he's made more executive orders per week than any other President.
The only thing he won't do is lock up Hillary Clinton (yet).
He would have replaced Obamacare by now but he was waiting on his cabinet senate hearings, and 2 days ago he said Obamacare will be replaced in March.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
You sounds like a nutty conspiracy theorist.

Do they have meds for that?
There's no conspiracy. The media is brazenly out in the open with what they are doing.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:37 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Yeah not seen it. Pretty much a Hannity/Trump reach around fest going on there, but hey- they're fair and balanced.
Hannity backs things up with facts and stats though. Just like he did after Obama's exit speech. The MSM just tries to do what you call hit pieces on Trump. That's not news.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:42 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
I watched the Trump Press Conference. I thought Trump was brilliant, especially with the Fake News assertions, at handling the press.

Shepherd Smith of Fox disagreed evidently, he has a problem like some other journalists with the Fake News narrative. So what? I don't watch his program....how many do? Smith's opinion is irrelevant to me.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:44 PM

I agree Hannity is very sharp. He'd be great at debates.
Heck, imagine if Hannity was Press Secretary! He'd destroy the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies