Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 12:05 AM

9 posts, read 5,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Toshio Motoya is CEO of APA Group, which calls itself Japan’s largest hotel chain, and has drawn China criticism for writing a book denying the 1937 Nanjing massacre happened and placing copies in hundreds of APA hotel rooms.

The group also runs 40 hotels in North America and its February edition of an in-house magazine for guests staying at its Canada properties contained the anti-Semitic remarks.

“Jewish people control American information, finance, and laws, and they benefit greatly from globalization because they move their massive profits to tax havens so they don’t have to pay any taxes,” Motoya said in the magazine, according to Canadian online news website National Observer and the Japan Times newspaper.

In response to a complaint by the Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver, Motoya denied being anti-Jewish.

“It is very unfortunate that my writings gave you an erroneous impression that I hold anti-Semitic beliefs,” he said in a statement posted on the federation’s website.

The APA Group, however, denied the statement was meant to say sorry.

It “is not an apology,” the hotel said Wednesday in a written reply to questions submitted by AFP. “It was issued to resolve the misunderstanding because (Motoya) was being stigmatized as an anti-Semite.”
Japan hotelier under fire for anti-Semitic remarks | The Times of Israel

What is sad is it's not exclusive to Japan. In American schools we don't talk about American war crimes and the nuke bombings are simply viewed as a necessity and there was no alternative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 12:24 AM

16,548 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahnee View Post

In American schools we don't talk about American war crimes and the nuke bombings are simply viewed as a necessity and there was no alternative.
I'm sure leftists would love to denigrate America's role in the world, and loved Obama's apology tour when it was occurring.

As to WWII, maybe you forgot that Japan sneak attacked us, not the other way around. More importantly, American lives were saved by virtue of us dropping the bombs. So were theere alternatives?
Of course there were. There always are "alternatives".
However if it meant more of our boys were going to die, then it was the best choice.
Japan started a war with us and were so fanatical in their worship of their emperor, they were going to fight to the death in a conventional war.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:33 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Japan itself is anti-Abrahamic religions itself. And as far as a remember Japan was extensively covered in US schools and the type of bombing done was considered necessary at the time.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:55 AM

9 posts, read 5,987 times
Germany with its holier-than-thou we hath repented facade while literally holding entire countries like Greece to ransom in conditions eerily similar to those that caused the rise of Hitler in Germany in the first place. Then wondering why Europe is one the march to fascism once again..

It's not whataboutism, it's pointing out the hypocrisy in that there isn't a nation on earth with the exception of Germany (which only does so because it was forced to for so long it became second nature) that HIGHLIGHTS the terrible things it did in history. (And let's not forget at this point Japan did a lot of terrible things - murdering civilians in China with bayonets, performing inhumane stuff-of-nightmares experiments on POWs, executing enemies who surrendered, an industrial strength abduction of women for prostitution, and so on).

The point is there isn't a nation on Earth that would actively promote that they did these things, and if Germany weren't forced to I doubt they would either.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:18 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
What else is new?

The Japanese hate everybody.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:39 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahnee View Post
Japan hotelier under fire for anti-Semitic remarks | The Times of Israel

What is sad is it's not exclusive to Japan. In American schools we don't talk about American war crimes and the nuke bombings are simply viewed as a necessity and there was no alternative.
If I ever go to Japan, I won't patronize that hotel. I hope they lose alot of money and go out of business.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:41 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If I ever go to Japan, I won't patronize that hotel. I hope they lose alot of money and go out of business.
Quit with all the logical responses.

We need to somehow tie this to how it's okay for the President of the US to be insensitive to Jewish citizens and Chinese citizens.

Pronto!

There's a precedent!

Old 02-17-2017, 08:46 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
I think he can only speak for himself, and he is a horrible person.

This said, I have been told I really have no redeeming qualities as a human being by a Chinese person simply because I am 1/4 Japanese. I mean, after hearing this, it is kind of hard for me to show any type of mad love towards this individual, correct? I certainly wouldn't say "get over it, ww2 happened almost 100 years ago." but I certainly won't apologize either. I didn't do anything, none of my ancestors did anything. My grandpa's relative even fought the Japanese, does it count?

Fact is, the more you bi*ch and moan about the past, the less people are going to care.

There are horrible people all over the world.

There are Japanese nationalists, there is no doubt about it. They do two things: 1. Denying the rape of Nanjing 2. Pretending to be a victim of ww2.

These people are in the minority in Japan.

Hates the Jews? I don't see it. Maybe I missed something.

I spent several years in Japan, and Japanese people are the friendliest people I have ever seen. To be fair, Koreans and Chinese are nice too. I especially love the younger people in China and Korea.

There are Chinese and Korean nationalists as well, but I try not to pay attention to any of them. (many are old people in their 60 or 70s)

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 02-17-2017 at 09:23 AM..

Old 02-17-2017, 11:27 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The complaints from this Vancouver based group will have 0 effect on this hotel's business in Japan. The PC police doesn't exist there.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:31 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The complaints from this Vancouver based group will have 0 effect on this hotel's business in Japan. The PC police doesn't exist there.
1) What Vancouver-based group?
2) Someone might not understand "PC", but someone will understand "broke". Will said persons sing the same tune when profits go down the drain?

If being civil and non-bigoted means being "PC", I'll take being PC any day of the week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies