Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 10:14 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,553,800 times

Advertisements

Currently, in college, if one expresses conservative value, he or she should expect physical harm, being expelled or fired.

Tolerant liberal, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 10:21 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,780,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
90% of the college campuses are far left.
"Far left" only relative to the monster the American right has become. Of course scientists are going to disagree that "climate change is a hoax by the Chinese" and that creationism should be taught in schools. Economists know that tariffs on China and Mexico will be a disaster for the economy. Does it really make them far left, or are they just rational human beings.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:21 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Currently, in college, if one expresses conservative value, he or she should expect physical harm, being expelled or fired.

Tolerant liberal, right?
241 Years ago, in this country we had globalists loyal to the King. They used terrible things to oppress people. They intimidated and informed on their fellow citizens.

We also had terrorists/revolutionaries living in the shadows who finally had to stand up and for what was right.

I believe that is happening among young people. They are turning against these New World Order types and finding their loyalty to our flag and our people.

Trump is our revolution. He is under siege by the globalist elites who own the media and they own many politicians. We have to support him.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:28 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
A small minority that is making a lot of noise and causing a lot of trouble. And they are influencing the majority of students who are still forming opinions they could possibly hold for life.
Oh god forbid they should have any non-PullMyFinger approved ideas!

Old 02-17-2017, 10:43 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I do believe they will be burning books on campuses very soon and doing other activities much like the Nazi's they love to compare Trump to...who is the exact opposite of a Nazi. Interestingly, many young people are getting turned off by them and their ranks are growing. Young, Conservative Americans.

The student Left
I'm honestly more interested in what you mean by "Trump is the opposite of a Nazi." What the **** is the opposite of a Nazi? What does that even refer to.

As for the issue of pushing people towards conservatism. Yeah... Obviously that would happen when you tell an otherwise very liberal person they're racist for making a criticism of something like BLM that they're gonna feel less welcomed within liberal circles.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:59 AM

30,350 posts, read 19,122,995 times
If you're a go along to get along weak person, you will be swarmed by the Leftists in college. If you are a free thinking strong person, you will reject the Liberal hate and stand up for freedom and become a Conservative.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:33 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Yes, you nailed it.

The more left the left gets, the more right I get! (I started out liberal in my college years 40+ years ago, and I am now definitely leaning right, although I am definitely NOT a Trump supporter!)
And the more conservative that conservatives get, the more liberal that liberals get. If you think Trump is winning over moderates, I don't know what to tell you.

If you think any of this is anything other than moving deck chairs around the Titanic, you're seriously mistaken. Conservatives thought that 1968 was going to kill liberalism. If that happened, why are so many people whining about it in 2017?

Old 02-17-2017, 12:42 PM

19,797 posts, read 9,331,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
That would make you a reactionary, which is fine, but wouldn't it be better to independently decide what it is you actually believe in?
You apparently overlooked the "leaning" part of it when I said that I was leaning more right today.

To put it another way, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the most liberal person you or I could imagine, and 10 being the most conservative, when I was 20, I was probably about a 3. Three years ago, I was about a 5, and now I am about a 7.

And as far as thinking for myself, I am conservative on some issues, liberal on others, and I did not vote for Trump OR Hillary. (I live in Colorado, so my vote didn't count except as a protest against both leading candidates.)

P.S. To TristramShandy: No, I don't think Trump is winning over moderates -- or at least, he is definitely not winning over me.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:47 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,904,610 times
Young people are overwhelmingly progressive, and that trend is not changing. Sorry.

Conversely, of course, people do get more conservative as they age - and that's likely not changing, either.

But we are continuing to become more progressive (and mixed/multi-racial) as a nation over time, and I don't see that trend slowing down. If anything, I think Trump's presidency is going to do a lot of harm to the conservative movement. Instead of being seen as the party of conservative economic policies, they're currently being lead by a crazy person who is off on ridiculous/inconsequential rants and tirades (instead of, you know, governing).

There might be some conservative wins for a bit, but it'll be short lived (over the period of the nation). I think the Bernie movement is MUCH stronger with young people than any conservative push - and it will return.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:16 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,783,788 times
This thread would make more sense if Trump wasn't showing fascist tendencies, and if his supporters weren't constantly defending him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies