Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 08:03 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,475,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
For years there has a been a White House petition process. If you get 100,000 signatures in a month then the White House will respond. There is currently a petition going asking Donald Trump to release his tax returns. It is by far the most popular petition ever, and just passed the 1 million mark. In the past, Trump said no one wants to see his tax returns except for a few reporters. Wrong. Many, many people want to see his tax returns.

One Million People Demand Trump
most NORMAL people can give two craps about Trumps tax returns

what will it show... wow a rich BILLIONAIRE had to pay millions in taxes

wow..in year(s) he has LOSSES, he was able to use those losses to effectively negate his tax bill....JUST LIKE EVERYONE else can

why are all the fascist liberals worrying about OTHER PEOPLES TAXES???....oh we know..liberals want to find MORE taxes to charge EVERYONE (especially the middleclass)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 08:16 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It wouldn't matter if you got 1 billion people to sign it. So what? It ain't happening. Get over it. You lost that battle a long time ago. Get on with your life.

And you don't wonder why Trump won't show his tax returns. That's very odd since no other president had a problem with it. So what is Trump afraid of that he doesn't want the country to know. No, sorry, not going to get over it. And there is no battle. We want him to show his tax returns just like he spent years wanting Obama to show his birth certificate

Old 02-17-2017, 08:28 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,435,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

And you don't wonder why Trump won't show his tax returns. That's very odd since no other president had a problem with it. So what is Trump afraid of that he doesn't want the country to know. No, sorry, not going to get over it. And there is no battle. We want him to show his tax returns just like he spent years wanting Obama to show his birth certificate
Well, it took Obama years to produce his birth cert, so I guess you will just have to be content with waiting years for a Trump tax return.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:33 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,281,333 times
1,000,000 down, another 323,000,000 to go. Maybe a record number of zeros, but IMO 3/10 of 1% of the population is but a whisper.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:38 PM

17,340 posts, read 11,266,024 times
Quote:
[/b]

No I don't wonder because I don't care. He's doing what he said he would do in his campaign promises. That's why I wanted him to be President. I don't give a rat's behind if he paid $1 or $1 billion. It's beyond irrelevant to me. Whatever he paid, it was legal or else the IRS would have been all over him. What's important to me is that he's following immigration laws and he nominated a conservative to the Supreme Court. Everything else is gravy.
BTW, I didn't give a rat's behind about Obama's birth certificate either.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:40 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
I hope he never releases his tax returns to the public. His tax return is no more my business than my tax return is his business. Time to move back to privacy and integrity in our country. I don't trust people who supposedly tell all. Most of them probably have a real tax return and the other tax return to show the public. Most of us would not understand his tax return if we saw it. I am not sure I understand my own tax return. That's why we hire a professional to do it.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:41 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,902,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
If Hillary had been elected and she refused to release her returns, I'm sure the "mind your own business" folks would be "we want the returns" folks.

The older I get, the more I realize that politics is just "same ish, different day" with some people.

Obama haters complained, argued, and bickered about Obama EVERY SINGLE DAY for eight years. And now that the other side is doing it, the Obama haters have a problem with the bickering. How funny!
Ooops, sorry missed your point. You already know this, but..

Hillary released her tax returns. So did Tim Kaine.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/page/tax-returns/

Quote:
Hillary Clinton released her 2015 personal tax return and Senator Tim Kaine and his wife, Anne Holton, released 10 years of their returns.

“Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine continue to set the standard for financial transparency as she releases her 2015 personal tax return and builds on the Clintons’ tradition of making their returns public since 1977 and Kaine releases 10 years of his returns,” said Hillary for America communications director Jennifer Palmieri. “In stark contrast, Donald Trump is hiding behind fake excuses and backtracking on his previous promises to release his tax returns. He has failed to provide the public with the most basic financial information disclosed by every major candidate in the last 40 years. What is he trying to hide?”
Other former presidents all released their returns.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:42 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Well, it took Obama years to produce his birth cert, so I guess you will just have to be content with waiting years for a Trump tax return.
Obama didn't need to show his birth certificate. He was born in Hawaii, and was a US senator. The only one who questioned his birth place was Trump But Trump not showing his tax returns is a red flag because it means he has something to hide.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
[/b]

and yet its not a requirement

why are the fascist liberals so interested in peoples personal income taxes???

what business it is of ANYONE to see ANYBODY ELSES taxes??

why are liberals so interested in prying into others PRIVATE business....why are liberals constantly trying to invade private property and take from others??

Old 02-17-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Obama didn't need to show his birth certificate. He was born in Hawaii, and was a US senator. The only one who questioned his birth place was Trump But Trump not showing his tax returns is a red flag because it means he has something to hide.
NO, it does not mean he is hiding something

HIS taxes is a PRIVATE item between him AND the IRS

if he was hiding something..the IRS would have him in jail. or owing a sever debt...the IRS is not very forgiving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies