Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 08:22 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
How quickly we forget his V.P. was Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin on the 'disaster' of immigration | MSNBC

McCain has a reputation of kissing the ass of whomever he thinks is more popular. He stuck by Trump until he was elected and now he's against him because it's popular to be. If that isn't clear by now I must say I'm surprised.
If it is so 'popular to be against Trump,' why are the other GOP congress members walking around with blinders on, with every single one of them having claimed to have missed his press conference meltdown because they were in 'committee meetings'? Are they waiting until Trump approval rating hits 25%? Will that make it 'popular' enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 09:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
You probably don't think he is a hero either because he was captured. Love you some Trump, do you?
You are also the reason we have a President Trump. The stupid logic leaps show an ignorance of the populace.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Actually, I and plenty of non-neocon trump type lemmings have some respect for McCain while also disagreeing with many of his proposed policies.

McCain at the very least has made real sacrifices for this nation and has shown integrity. I would not have voted for the man, but I do still have some respect for him.

Besides, you hypocritically bring up a "liberal turnaround." Do you not recall just a few years back when McCain was the GOP's golden boy?

I wonder if part of the problem neocons have with McCain is that he once reached across the aisle to co-sponsor a bill with a democrat.
Yes, the hypocrisy is thick here but those in glass houses..............

Old 02-18-2017, 09:14 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
I'm starting to think John McCain might have a few screws loose.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Really? It wasn`t Comey, the Russians and the POS that`s hiding from a rape charge in Ecuador?
No, it really wasn't.

Two things gave us President Trump. A President Obama that was the opposite of who Candidate Obama said he would be and the insane war mongers among one being McCain.

I voted for Stein because I'm sick and tired of those like Obama and McCain arguing for and carrying out the waste of lives and trillions of dollars. If not for these war mongers, Trump doesn't win.

It was you.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:24 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
methinks Neoconservatism went wrong because it rejected the core of conservatism in America, which is constitutionally limited government. McCain is a conservative, in what way exactly?

Conservatives have traditionally been non-interventionists. Neoconservatives abandoned both philosophy and ethics in favor of visceral and solipsistic amorality.

McCain Voted At Least 28 Times Against Veterans’ Benefits, Including Healthcare. Since arriving in the U.S. Senate in 1987, McCain has voted at least 28 times against ensuring important benefits for America’s veterans, including providing adequate healthcare. (2006 Senate Vote # 7, 41, 63, 67, 98, 222; 2005 Senate Votes # 55, 89, 90, 251, 343; 2004 Senate Votes # 40, 48, 145; 2003 Senate Votes # 74, 81, 83; 1999 Senate Vote # 328; 1998 Senate Vote # 175; 1997 Senate Vote # 168; 1996 Senate Votes # 115, 275; 1995 Senate Votes # 76, 226, 466; 1994 Senate Vote # 306; 1992 Senate Vote # 194; 1991 Senate Vote # 259)

I think he is a war hero who shouldn't claim the moral high ground. Also, well, I have to say it. It is not like he is the only war hero. Many young generation of war veterans also have impressive stories to tell. So meh about McCain.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
methinks Neoconservatism went wrong because it rejected the core of conservatism in America, which is constitutionally limited government. McCain is a conservative, in what way exactly?

Conservatives have traditionally been non-interventionists. Neoconservatives abandoned both philosophy and ethics in favor of visceral and solipsistic amorality.
The odd thing is I'm a non-interventionist (which is not the same thing as a Pacifist) but I get called a liberal from the right when my position is supposed to be their position and I get called a Trump supporter from the left when I condemn Obama for his war mongering.

I find it so sad that people will accept us slaughtering tens of thousands of people that have done absolutely nothing to us just to support their politics.

Quote:
McCain Voted At Least 28 Times Against Veterans’ Benefits, Including Healthcare. Since arriving in the U.S. Senate in 1987, McCain has voted at least 28 times against ensuring important benefits for America’s veterans, including providing adequate healthcare. (2006 Senate Vote # 7, 41, 63, 67, 98, 222; 2005 Senate Votes # 55, 89, 90, 251, 343; 2004 Senate Votes # 40, 48, 145; 2003 Senate Votes # 74, 81, 83; 1999 Senate Vote # 328; 1998 Senate Vote # 175; 1997 Senate Vote # 168; 1996 Senate Votes # 115, 275; 1995 Senate Votes # 76, 226, 466; 1994 Senate Vote # 306; 1992 Senate Vote # 194; 1991 Senate Vote # 259)

I think he is a war hero who shouldn't claim the moral high ground. Also, well, I have to say it. It is not like he is the only war hero. Many young generation of war veterans also have impressive stories to tell. So meh about McCain.
IMO he has PTSD. Understandably so. He should be in treatment though not voting down treatment for others to carry out his broken view of the world.

There is no excuse for Obama other than $$$$$ which is even sadder.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:39 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The odd thing is I'm a non-interventionist (which is not the same thing as a Pacifist) but I get called a liberal from the right when my position is supposed to be their position and I get called a Trump supporter from the left when I condemn Obama for his war mongering.

I find it so sad that people will accept us slaughtering tens of thousands of people that have done absolutely nothing to us just to support their politics.

I really cannot argue about that.

IMO he has PTSD. Understandably so. He should be in treatment though not voting down treatment for others to carry out his broken view of the world.

There is no excuse for Obama other than $$$$$ which is even sadder.
I don't know if he has PTSD, he also did this

McCain Voted Against $51 Billion in Veterans Funding. McCain was one of five senators to vote against the bill and seven to vote against the conference report that provided $51.1 billion for the Department of Veterans Affairs, as well as funding for the federal housing, environmental and emergency management agencies and NASA. (H.R. 2620, Vote 334, 11/8/01; Vote 269, 8/2/01)

McCain Voted Against $122.7 Billion for Department of Veterans Affairs. McCain voted against an appropriations bill that included $122.7 billion in fiscal 2004 for the Department of Veterans Affairs, Housing and Urban Development and other related (H.R. 2861, Vote 449, 11/12/03)

McCain Opposed $500 Million for Counseling Services for Veterans with Mental Disorders.

McCain did not vote on the GI Bill that will provide better educational opportunities to veterans of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, paying full tuition at in-state schools and living expenses for those who have served at least three years since the 9/11 attacks.

McCain's Non-Support for Troops and Veterans: The Master List | The Huffington Post

check out the full list

I have to ask myself, why why why? Man, he is certainly one of the most bizarre character in American politics.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:45 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
the more I see and listen to Mccain the more we need term limits......30 years in Congress and John never met a war, or an occupation or military intervention he didn't like.

if the W Bush doctrine was rejected by the American people why are we listening to Mccain? if he had his way we would be in Syria in a bloodbath fighting the Russians.

for a guy that fought in a war and was captured and tortured , he sure loves endless wars an endless occupations......you would think he would have reservation of sending our young kids to hell holes in the middle east and wanting to start another cold war, he is the opposite!

Old 02-18-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
the more I see and listen to Mccain the more we need term limits......30 years in Congress and John never met a war, or an occupation or military intervention he didn't like.

if the W Bush doctrine was rejected by the American people why are we listening to Mccain? if he had his way we would be in Syria in a bloodbath fighting the Russians.
We are fighting the Russians on the side of Isis in Syria. McCain supported it but he didn't do it.

Quote:
for a guy that fought in a war and was captured and tortured , he sure loves endless wars an endless occupations......you would think he would have reservation of sending our young kids to hell holes in the middle east and wanting to start another cold war, he is the opposite!
PTSD. He at least has an excuse. I wish he would seek treatment but since he won't I'm rooting for a heart attack to save others from a similar fate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies