Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 09:43 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times

Advertisements

The same people that balked about Obama's $4M vacation have no problem with Trump costing $200M a year.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:44 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yeah, coming from the same side that condemned Obama for taking a vacation to Hawaii ! Trump has racked up more weekend trips to Florida in 3 weeks than most Presidents do in a year. This was the man who swore to buckle down and work hard for America.

But what did we expect from a guy who lived in a gold plated Penthouse ? He may only be taking a buck a year in salary, but he sure is sucking up the perks !

After all, a 70 year old guy needs to do something to keep a hot, younger wife around.
I never condemned Obama for taking any trip.

In fact, I am on record as saying that all that talk about Obama's trips was petty just as I believe it is petty when discussing Trumps trips.

Anyone who takes on the job of Presidency whether I like them or agree with them or voted for them, makes an incredible personal sacrifice in my opinion. Begrudging them down time in a place they consider a personal refuge is incredibly petty imo.

It will inevitably cost more for some presidents than others. Oh well.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't recall a president making 3 trips to his property in the first month or the need to protect his wife and child in another location, and the need to follow his sons around while they tour his world properties.
So what. Every president is different and has a different set of circumstances. Its up to the Secret Service to decide what level of protection is needed for any given Pres and his/her family.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Don jr and Eric are going all over the world to promote the latest Trump project in the area...golf courses and hotels. Their secret service have to go over first to scope out the area. And then they have to be with them at all times there. Do you have any idea how much this is costing us. Not to mention the cost of protecting Melania in NY. Presidents have always took dignities to camp David where it is very secured and protected. But now we have Mar a largo and the secret service is scrambling to somehow secure it when any club member can attend. This presidency is going to cost a fortune, more than we have ever seen. And who is going to pay for this....all of us. You may be ok with it but I'm not.
Oh stop your whining.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Do the math... at the rate the Dump is racking up costs for himself, Melania/Barron and his entire brood of adults kids AND grandkids who live all over, the cost to protect the Obama's who all live in the White House will just be a drop in the bucket.

The decision alone to let wife and son to stay at Trump Tower so Barron isn't traumatized by switching schools mid-year is costing taxpayers 500k per DAY. I guess that's ok with you too?
Yep I'm fine with it.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:54 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
So what. Every president is different and has a different set of circumstances. Its up to the Secret Service to decide what level of protection is needed for any given Pres and his/her family.
So what?......It comes out of our pocket. We have to pay for Trump in the white house and Mar a lago and Melinia in New York. Do you have any idea what that is costing us. Maybe people who voted for Trump should pay for these extra expensives because I don't want to

Old 02-17-2017, 09:54 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,973,733 times
We are still paying for the Obama girls too - at Obama's request, for who knows how long. And Malia has shown up in some interesting places, not with her parents .. on this 'gap year' of hers. Sasha will be next I am sure. I have noticed too that Obama and Michelle often are not in the same place at once either. And Obama also made sure we pay for all Presidents for the rest of their lives. Rising cost of doing business in this country/world unfortunately.

And I have to say with so much apparent hatred and rancor in this country right now, if I were Trump I would request double security till the left and their kind settle down a bit at least.

But, you have a point .. I am certain Trump planned to have 5 kids (and to be sure that at least 4 of them were adults so we would have to follow them all over the world while he was in office) long before he decided to run for the Presidency - just in case he did become President .. so he could bankrupt the nation. Yep, that must be it.

Obviously someone in Congress needs to get busy and prepare some new bills - so we can pass some new laws - limiting Presidents to (how many are acceptable?) a certain number of children and maybe even saying they can't be over the age of (what?) 10 maybe? And they also cannot travel more than 2 days a year even on official business. They cannot go out of the White House even for dinner. And no golf at all .. for any reason .. unless it is played in the White House garden.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:56 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Oh stop your whining.
Please feel free to pay for it all then

Old 02-17-2017, 09:59 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Does anyone believe the OP's numbers?

3 trips in a month is $10 mil

Numerous vacations in an 8 year time frame is $85 mil.

Mr. And Mrs. Obama took separate aircraft to their destination on occasion. European vacations for the girls.

Your numbers are off.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:00 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
I guess it doesn't bother his supporters that he has been in office 3 weeks, and every weekend he jets off to Mar-a-lago on our dime. How about staying in the WH where you fought so hard to go ?

Trump is going to ride this horse for all he can beat out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies