Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 10:50 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,645,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Ha Ha Ha Ha ROFLMAO
HAHA!! Another bs lie, hahaha!

Man he's ever the real estate developer if I ever saw one, lol

Old 02-17-2017, 10:55 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,436,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
So I'm assuming you never criticized the former president vacationing, or his kids SS detail to school, or going on trips? Never?
I already said I have never criticized any former president for any trip they took whether home or vacationing. In fact, I am on record here saying I think its petty to criticize presidents for their travel whether it be home visits or vacation.

I was quite clear that even if I dislike them, don't agree with them, don't vote for them, I recognize that they and their family are making an incredible sacrifice to serve the country.

I would be ok locked up in the White House for weeks on end, because I am basically a homebody, but I realize that most people would be nuts constrained to the bubble of the White House.

I do not begrudge any President of any party traveling home wherever that might be and however expensive it might be, if it keeps them sane.

I prefer in fact that any president have down time that keeps them sane.

In the grand scheme of things, the costs associated with presidential travel are basically irrelevant.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:57 PM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so it apparently was ok for obama to spend tons of money on trips and vacations, but its not alright for trump to do so? and this coming from someone who DEFENDED obama for his trips, and the cost of security.
What? Did you skip math for the entire time you spent in school?....Obama's trips cost 85 million over 8 years. The orange buffoon has gone through more than 10 million in three weeks. At that rate, supposing he actually lasts 8 years, he will have gone through $1,248,000,000, not including the cost of security.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Lol! I am being real!

YOU said:

That's pretty silly. And I suggested some alternatives, some middle ground.

I do not have a problem with the president and his or her family being protected. Not at all. But I do think presidents should be mindful of the fact they're spending our money. And therefore spend it wisely.
Well we will just have to agree to disagree.

I don't agree that the president and his family should have to crimp their lifestyle because security costs money.

It is not their fault that we are a country that assassinates presidents.

They should not have to be held prisoner to that fact.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:00 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I already said I have never criticized any former president for any trip they took whether home or vacationing. In fact, I am on record here saying I think its petty to criticize presidents for their travel whether it be home visits or vacation.

I was quite clear that even if I dislike them, don't agree with them, don't vote for them, I recognize that they and their family are making an incredible sacrifice to serve the country.

I would be ok locked up in the White House for weeks on end, because I am basically a homebody, but I realize that most people would be nuts constrained to the bubble of the White House.

I do not begrudge any President of any party traveling home wherever that might be and however expensive it might be, if it keeps them sane.

I prefer in fact that any president have down time that keeps them sane.

In the grand scheme of things, the costs associated with presidential travel are basically irrelevant.
Sacrifices? Just when you think you've heard everything...

Quote:
How the Trump family will profit from their father's presidency

Anti-nepotism laws prevent Trump from giving his family members jobs in the administration. But don't think that's going to stop them from being active participants in U.S. government decision-making, or using the fact that Trump is president to keep money flowing in. In fact, we could see the president enriching himself and his family on a scale that we normally associate with post-Soviet kleptocrats and Third World dictators.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...47448319,d.eWE

32,053 posts, read 15,049,740 times
[quote=Blondy;47236305]
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

Thanks for admitting you are petty.

Melania is entitled to have her son finish the school year where he is.

She as the wife of the president and he as the son of the president are entitled to SS protection.

Even if they were not living there, the residence would have SS protection.

It doesn't matter what the money could go to. The president and his family are entitled to protection.

Period. End of story. Get over it.

BTW are you this worked up over the protection the Obamas are getting on their island vacation for the last week or two?
I'm not worked up about anything. But maybe you would like to to double your taxes to pay for Trump in Florida and Melania in NY. I'm sure many of us would have no problem if you did that.

12,566 posts, read 10,613,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yeah, coming from the same side that condemned Obama for taking a vacation to Hawaii ! Trump has racked up more weekend trips to Florida in 3 weeks than most Presidents do in a year. This was the man who swore to buckle down and work hard for America.

But what did we expect from a guy who lived in a gold plated Penthouse ? He may only be taking a buck a year in salary, but he sure is sucking up the perks !

After all, a 70 year old guy needs to do something to keep a hot, younger wife around.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:08 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,437,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Does anyone believe the OP's numbers?

3 trips in a month is $10 mil

Numerous vacations in an 8 year time frame is $85 mil.
judicial watch ( hardly a liberal source ) estimates the obamas vacations at $85-90million for all eight years with the individual trips to HI running $3.5million each.

so 3 trips to FL @ $3million plus each would be consistent with those numbers.

Report: Obama family personal trips cost $85 million over eight years | McClatchy DC

Old 02-17-2017, 11:08 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,500,472 times
IMHO, we're getting our money's worth. Not only is he getting a lot done - quickly - he started before entering the Oval Office even - cutting costs, adding jobs, he's working overtime!! And, is he taking a salary? I think we're getting a "really, really great deal".

Old 02-17-2017, 11:09 PM

[quote=natalie469;47236365]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post

I'm not worked up about anything. But maybe you would like to to double your taxes to pay for Trump in Florida and Melania in NY. I'm sure many of us would have no problem if you did that.
Well, here is the reality cupcake.

Your taxes will pay for whatever Trumps security costs.

But, I guess you missed the fact that Trump will be cutting all our taxes.

So, neither your nor I will be doubling our taxes to pay for Trump in Fl and Melania in Ny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies