Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 07:06 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
This question only goes to the Anti-Trumpers on this forum. If Trump does get impeached for his connection with Russia. Would you be okay with Mike Pence as President for the next couple of years.

Compared to Trump. Pence seems to be better spoken and has a better temperament. But he's a Christian Right ideologue who would be awful for LGBT and Pro Choice women. It's like picking Chaotic vs Lawful Evil at this point.
I agree that Mr. Pence is not my cup of tea. However, that said, I would prefer him over Mr. Trump. As stated, he is of a more even temperament, appears thoughtful, and has core values (some of which I disagree with, but at least he has not changed his spots over the years as Mr. Trump did).

I very much doubt that Mr. Pence, if President, would resort to Twitter to announce policy and such. Our Allies would probably feel comfortable with him in charge.

He would probably also not cost the country near as much for protecting him, since he would likely stay in the White House and work, with probably a few jaunts back to his home state of Indiana, and possibly Camp David.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 07:06 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
At first I would have said "no" but with things progressing the way they are with Trump I've changed my mind. I also do not agree with him on social issues but he seems a lot more stable. Trump's ego and the temper that goes along with it are too fragile for a leader of a nation such as ours.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
Pence hates women and gays but he'd be better than Trump for international issues. Yes, he'd be slightly better than Trump.
I guess I'd agree with this. He's a soulless homophobe who hates women but he's somewhat sane in the context of Donald Trump.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:13 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
You mean ballz and a backbone to say no? Yeah, we need more of that because the Dump isn't experienced at governing but has also done himself and our country a disservice by surrounding himself with only people loyal to him regardless of competence level and experience. That is dangerous and stupid and why I prefer Pence over the Dump anyday.

Exactly! The narcissist nut case Trump can only stand brown-nosing yes men-butt kissers!

Old 02-18-2017, 07:16 AM

6,417 posts, read 7,243,816 times
It wouldn't make much difference anyway as Trump isn't running the show but at least Pence has experience enough to know how to speak diplomatically. But the whole bunch are terrible, its a pity there's no such thing as a vote of no confidence in the US system.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:19 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times
Yes, of course. Trump is mentally unbalanced and anyone who cannot see that is deliberately turning a blind eye to his unhinged behavior. He cannot focus on anything other than himself and seems to have a truly difficult time distinguishing reality from the fiction going on in his head.

It would be great if he was impeached over Russia--nice clean break. At some point, though if he isn't, someone will have to take the situation in hand and do something about having a mentally unstable and incompetent person 'running' the country. It is a truly dangerous situation. The idiots in his immediate circle are too busy vying for power to want to get rid of him, as this works to their advantage.

Is the GOP really going to pretend it is rational to have a president three weeks after his inauguration holding campaign rallies for an election four years away? This is beyond comical--it is not in the realm of sanity, and he certainly isn't bothering to even pretend to be doing the so-called job he was elected to do. He ought to be impeached over total and absolute incompetence and inability to fulfill the duties of the office.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:08 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I don't like or dislike him-- but he would make a proper POTUS
I agree. Pence seems like a man of honor. Don't like some of his views; but at least he knows he is there to govern, not tear the country apart with his views. At least I hope. He seems to be able to think on his feet.

With any luck, we may have President Pence soon!!!!!!

I am so sick of Trump, I have never felt this insecure in our country. Sad.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:55 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,733,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I can say 100% that I would accept Pence in a heartbeat over Trump......for all the reasons everyone already posted.

I bet Pence lays awake at night and wonders "Why the Hell did I say YES !" He seems fairly normal, sane, in control of himself, and intelligent. He kinda reminds me of the guy who went to Las Vegas and fell in love with a stripper and married her the first night he was there. She might have looked good that night, but when he woke up the next morning....................

So yes, when they impeach Trump, or he throws in the towel, I will gladly welcome President Pence to the WH.
Actually, I don't think he does. I think he knows exactly why he said "Yes", the eventuality was always part of the deal. But whether that ever happens or not, I am sure that he is in the process of getting the cabinet he wants.

Trump is more out-of-his-depth than any president we've had in a while. The real power jockeying is occurring off-stage while Trump is out front distracting everyone. Pence, Bannon, Priebus, various Trump offspring - that's where the real story is.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:04 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'd rather have Pence as president than Trump. He seems to be much more stable and diplomatic.

Do I agree with him on social issues? No. But I prioritize not getting into wars. I have more trust in him not picking fights with leaders of other countries and unnecessarily burning bridges.

This. He would not be the total disaster that Trump has turned out to be.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:05 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'd rather have Pence as president than Trump. He seems to be much more stable and diplomatic.

Do I agree with him on social issues? No. But I prioritize not getting into wars. I have more trust in him not picking fights with leaders of other countries and unnecessarily burning bridges.

Pretty much this.

Would I be "fine with" Pence? No. Would he be better than Trump? Based on what I've seen so far, the answer would have to be yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies