Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 03:41 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times

Advertisements

He's just as much of a demagogue as Trump. I don't think the improvement would be significant. Remember he's in the WH kissing Trumps's a$$.

I'd rather concentrate on waiting out Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 11:07 AM

90 posts, read 55,637 times
Came back on here after talking to my husband yesterday. He gives me a view that is well informed based on being from a country with many political issues as well as some comparisons to Mussolini. I know it can come back from Trump supporters that it's just another liberal exaggeration (always stating-not politically affiliated.) but my husband is logical and impartial in this. He also saw Trump as a dangerous man and is actually more worried about the ramifications he can have on his country in Europe in the future. There were some parallels with Mussolini that affected his country and he foresees affecting ours. The only real difference is that Mussolini did have some kind of plan and values that he felt strongly for. Not ethical ones but not narcissistic and self-serving either. There was organization of a sort there.

That being said, he stated that they will not impeach Trump and I believe his reasoning is sound and correct. It's true that Trump is now starting his new campaign for the next 4 year run in being president and he's doing it for a good reason. While he is everything stated here as well as seemingly happy to stay uninformed on facts, he is also a strategist and can maneuver the system. While the GOP is most definitely ready for Trump to be impeached and have several points to do so, the power will still stay with Trump for the fact that Pence lacks the charisma to keep a following for the 2020 election while Trump has this insane worship. They know it can go back to a democratic government in the white house and that's the card Trump is throwing in their faces now. There are a few other scary things my husband cited in the same parallel that happened historically in his country but let's just wait and see how crazy it gets first.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:42 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
either Mike Pence, or his wife would be fine with me...or one of his relatives, or one of his staff

#yeehaguns4Uguns4megunsforever

Old 02-19-2017, 11:56 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
This is very ignorant and an insult. Because the man is God fearing, and respectful, you call him names. Our government was founded on Christian principles and is why America is one of the best countries in the world. Such an ignorant statement.

To answer the question, I support Trump, but I would love to have Pence as President too. I could say yes, I would like Pence as President, he is a very respectful Christian man.
the government was not founded on Christian principles. Separation of church and state.

I don't condone name calling but Pence is very religious in his thought that gays can be 'fixed' and want women to have a funeral for an abortion or miscarriage. I don't care for his way of thinking.

That said, I would prefer him over Trump. He wouldn't be a threat to us internationally. He speaks coherently. I think he would do a much better job at calming the waters.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:58 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
No, he is a religious extremist homophobe and has no place in American government.
He is also Anti-Science...which of course is a byproduct on being a religious fundamentalist extremist. He has no business in American government!

Old 02-19-2017, 12:00 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
I think Mike Pence's inevitable same-sex scandal will be his downfall. There's a (obvious) reason he's so homophobic.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
This is very ignorant and an insult. Because the man is God fearing, and respectful, you call him names. Our government was founded on Christian principles and is why America is one of the best countries in the world. Such an ignorant statement.
You have no idea what you are talking about. You have deep seated ignorance about the establishment of our government and zero knowledge that it was established ensuring that there would be NO religious influence.

I suggest you study up on the Constitution and how our founding fathers purposely avoided establishing government policies based on religious belief systems. Take all of the religious belief systems out there...when you line them up you find that they are not compatible with one another. So whatever your belief system is...it's certainly cannot be a truth that can be applied to everybody, because other people belief what they do, with no less fervor.

We are citizens of a country that was not founded on a religion...we were founded on a secular construct that protects your rights to follow whatever religion that you want to follow.

The US Constitution does not mention the word god. The founding fathers knew the dangers of writing legislation that tells people what god to worship. They knew this...shame on the ignorant Americans who don't know this. They knew how governments can persecute people who have belief systems that did not agree with the State. So they created freedom of religion as well as freedom from religion.

Ignorant minds such as yours would love to see the US following in the path of those countries that persecute people for not believing in the religion that country was established upon.

Your statements are beyond misinformed and utterly ignorant.

Last edited by Matadora; 02-19-2017 at 12:28 PM..

Old 02-19-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
the government was not founded on Christian principles. Separation of church and state.
So many dumb Americans. It's astounding how anyone in this country is not aware of the fact that our founding fathers made sure that there was no established religion.

WOW just WOW!

Old 02-19-2017, 12:49 PM

716 posts, read 393,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
No, he is a religious extremist homophobe and has no place in American government.
All true, but given the OP's choice between the two, it's a no brainer.

I'll take a ideolog rooted in reality over a buffoonish delusional man-child every day of the week...

Old 02-19-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
I'll take a ideolog rooted in reality over a buffoonish delusional man-child every day of the week...
That's scary. His ideas are not rooted in reality. Him stating that Evolution is false is not reality.

Take a good look at the countries ruled by religious extremism. How good are they doing? What's the quality of life for their citizens? How much freedom do they have?

Our political system has been broken for a long time thanks to the two party system that are influenced by Special Interest Groups, Lobbyists and Wall Street.

Neither Trump or Pence is the answer. Neither was Hilary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies