Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 01:18 PM

716 posts, read 393,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
That's scary. His ideas are not rooted in reality. Him stating that Evolution is false is not reality.

Take a good look at the countries ruled by religious extremism. How good are they doing? What's the quality of life for their citizens? How much freedom do they have?

Our political system has been broken for a long time thanks to the two party system that are influenced by Special Interest Groups, Lobbyists and Wall Street.
Pence has issues like any ideolog, but his feet are at least more firmly planted on the ground. It's never a good idea to give control of our nuclear arsenal to a thin skinned petulant child who takes all opposition from any quarter PERSONALLY. He has mental issues that Pence does not have.

Quote:
Neither Trump or Pence is the answer. Neither was Hilary.
I agree with the first part, but disagree about Hillary, she's the sanest of the three...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 01:32 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
Pence has issues like any ideolog, but his feet are at least more firmly planted on the ground. It's never a good idea to give control of our nuclear arsenal to a thin skinned petulant child who takes all opposition from any quarter PERSONALLY. He has mental issues that Pence does not have.
Pence has confirmation bias and willful ignorance issues. It's not good to give power to government officials with these issues.

Extreme Religious Fundamentalists destroy countries on many levels. If you need to brush up on some history about that I suggest you read about the decline of the Arab Golden Ages.
Quote:
I agree with the first part, but disagree about Hillary, she's the sanest of the three...
I am not talking about sanity. I am talking about their competence and ability to make our country great again. None of them possess those skills.

The day we think that our only choice is to accept the lesser of two evils is the day we stop being a true Democracy.

Last edited by Matadora; 02-19-2017 at 01:49 PM..

Old 02-19-2017, 02:18 PM

716 posts, read 393,312 times
Quote:
Pence has confirmation bias and willful ignorance issues. It's not good to give power to government officials with these issues.

Extreme Religious Fundamentalists destroy countries on many levels. If you need to brush up on some history about that I suggest you read about the decline of the Arab Golden Ages.
At least Pence doesn't have a soft spot for Putin or other dictators like Trump and like I mentioned, we're in agreement about this. As a history buff, I'm well aware of the threat that fundamentalist's of any religion pose. Of course it's not good to give power to government officials with confirmation bias and willful ignorance issues.

But I believe we have a better chance at cleaning up the damage caused by an ignorant religious extremist than cleaning up the fallout from a nuclear exchange caused by a child in a fit of anger. This goes way beyond politics or policies of any type, this is about someone with character traits that are fundamentally ill-suited for the job. Period.

Quote:
I am not talking about sanity. I am talking about their competence and ability to make our country great again. None of them possess those skills.

The day we think that our only choice is to accept the lesser to two evils is the day we stop being a true Democracy.
I am talking about sanity, skills become irrelevant when someone's ability to distinguish reality from fantasy is in question.

And btw, we've been choosing the lesser of two evils since 1788, just like in any other country...

Old 02-19-2017, 02:26 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
But I believe we have a better chance at cleaning up the damage caused by an ignorant religious extremist
The Arab world never recovered from the decline of the Arab Golden Ages. The US has still not recovered from the dangers of religious fundamentalism. We are still fighting that battle and Pence as well as Trump will exacerbate this issue. We are heading straight down the same path as what happened with the decline of the Arab Golden Ages.
Quote:
than cleaning up the fallout from a nuclear exchange caused by a child in a fit of anger. This goes way beyond politics or policies of any type, this is about someone with character traits that are fundamentally ill-suited for the job.
Perhaps our military will not be lead by this insane dictator. Perhaps he will be captured and detained by our military.
Quote:
I am talking about sanity, skills become irrelevant when someone's ability to distinguish reality from fantasy is in question.
Which is irrelevant to the point I made.

Religious fundamentalism is also insanity...they don't possess the mental capabilities to discern between reality and fantasy.
Quote:
And btw, we've been choosing the lesser of two evils since 1788, just like in any other country...
No not just like any other country. BTW how's our system working out for us? We did not get to where we are as a country overnight.

Last edited by Matadora; 02-19-2017 at 02:40 PM..

Old 02-19-2017, 04:33 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,481,607 times
I would certainly rather have him as president. He acts like a grown up at least, and doesn't seem to fire up right wing hate groups the way Trump does.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:11 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
"Would you Anti-Trumpers be fine with Mike Pence as President?"

Hell no.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:46 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
Quote:

Paul Ryan for me....

Old 02-19-2017, 06:00 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,549,639 times
I'd sleep better if Pence were president, because he's less likely to go off about terrorist attacks that never happened. I don't like his ideologies at all, but measured against Trump? I'd feel sick inside, but I'd deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies