Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 12:13 PM

1,548 posts, read 913,607 times

Advertisements

MSNBC host Chris Hayes on Friday cited

You lost me right there.

Even though I hate the guy, I really really hope he picks John Bolton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 01:10 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
The key word here is "reportedly." As in, not confirmed, speculation. And MSN ? I'd also consider the source.
You are kinder than me.
I won't even consider that source.

I do like the fact that Trump is evidently intent on picking someone with decades of experience.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:35 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Harward's list included taking Bannon off the NSC and a direct conduit to Trump--no going thru Priebus or Bannon or Kushner
WH said no
Harward said ok--goodbye
The WH said --wait, come back--let's talk
Harward said OK
Then waiting, saw the press conference
Adios Donald...

Old 02-19-2017, 01:51 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Lies and damn lies have been replaced by rumor, innuendo and vague unidentified sources with 'concerns'. Who are troubled. What were the specifics of Sen Flynn's conversations again? Just another iteration of character assassination that the Dems have been so good at, for so long.

Like the failed 'character test' sexual assault ploy they tried on the President in October. Where are those ladies today?
One of them has brought a civil suit against Trump...

More importantly where are the lawsuits Trump promised time after time to file against those lying women???

Nowhere...nada...zilch...not going to happen...the only thing Trump hates worse than MSM is a deposition!

Old 02-19-2017, 04:37 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
The key word here is "reportedly." As in, not confirmed, speculation. And MSN ? I'd also consider the source.
So why did Flynn resign, it's all conjecture? Common sense should tell you that this has legs or did trump just surrender.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Not a conspiracy theory unless Flynn's son is behind it.

What Adm Harward asked for makes perfect sense:

1. clear chain of command reporting straight to the president and

2. restoration of NSC structure meaning getting a political hack like Bannon out of the NSC.

The press conference illustrated that the president is a volatile prevaricator.
His administration is disorganized, and chaotic as evidenced by the disastrous roll out of the travel/Muslim ban.

This is a man who will only listen to what he wants to hear and not what he NEEDS to hear.

His war on the press is childish, counter productive and above all, anti democratic. Reminds me of Richard Nixon and his list of enemies.

Nobody in his right mind would for that obnoxious jerk.
Not possible. Trump said" it was running like a well oiled machine".

Old 02-19-2017, 05:00 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Harward's list included taking Bannon off the NSC and a direct conduit to Trump--no going thru Priebus or Bannon or Kushner
WH said no
Harward said ok--goodbye
The WH said --wait, come back--let's talk
Harward said OK
Then waiting, saw the press conference
Adios Donald...

Old 02-19-2017, 05:15 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Admiral Harward said he wanted to have more family time. A leak claimed he wanted to bring in his own staff, and Trump refused.

I tend to think the first is the truth. The man was a SEAL, with nearly 40 years of service, most of it in many combat tours. After retiring, he found a good advisory job that is low stress, regular 9 to 5 hours, and is at the age when his wife and children, who he missed out on a lot of their childhood, want him around as a husband and father.

And he very probably wants to have a lot of time with them, especially his kids, before they fly the nest. I know a lot of military families, and those desires are very common. They are often so strong the man may retire early because of the family sacrifice.

The second may be the truth as well, but I think it was the secondary reason that made the first easier to make. The Admiral has a staff he knows, who know him, and have functioned very well. I'm sure some are also SEALS. SEALS know how to function as a unit very tightly. Far more so than any civilian staff.

Being forced to take a staff of amateur newbies, in addition to the 24-hour on call demands of the job, the stress of Trump's willy-nilly way of making decisions, and the tensions and internal struggles inside the senior White House staff all combined to make his decision to drop out of consideration very easy to make.

No doubt he had been through all that several times in the military and wanted no more of it.

He's a good man, and I don't fault him a bit for his decision.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:05 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Did you miss the part where the trump folks were still trying to negotiate with him at that point?
I forgot to mention - I still needed to decorate my new master bath while I was eating lunch at McAllister's.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:09 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Admiral Harward said he wanted to have more family time. A leak claimed he wanted to bring in his own staff, and Trump refused.

I tend to think the first is the truth. The man was a SEAL, with nearly 40 years of service, most of it in many combat tours. After retiring, he found a good advisory job that is low stress, regular 9 to 5 hours, and is at the age when his wife and children, who he missed out on a lot of their childhood, want him around as a husband and father.

And he very probably wants to have a lot of time with them, especially his kids, before they fly the nest. I know a lot of military families, and those desires are very common. They are often so strong the man may retire early because of the family sacrifice.

The second may be the truth as well, but I think it was the secondary reason that made the first easier to make. The Admiral has a staff he knows, who know him, and have functioned very well. I'm sure some are also SEALS. SEALS know how to function as a unit very tightly. Far more so than any civilian staff.

Being forced to take a staff of amateur newbies, in addition to the 24-hour on call demands of the job, the stress of Trump's willy-nilly way of making decisions, and the tensions and internal struggles inside the senior White House staff all combined to make his decision to drop out of consideration very easy to make.

No doubt he had been through all that several times in the military and wanted no more of it.

He's a good man, and I don't fault him a bit for his decision.
Now THIS is palatable conjecture - based on the man's actual words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies