Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 02:30 PM

746 posts, read 846,066 times

Advertisements

I'm sick of the mis-information being spread on this forum about blacks. It makes me sick. We are not some monolithic group that all blindly supports and agrees with one another. I’ll take the time out to list questions, which many of the non-black community constantly tries to align the entire black community with. I'm only speaking for myself as a black, so it is safe to assume there are at least a few million others that probably agree with me or like the same things i like. If there are other blacks and whites that would like to ask a large group of blacks question now is your chance. However, note, that this is my opinion or another black posters opinion and we are by no means speaking for the other 35,999,9999 million people.

Do you feel you are at a disadvantage because of Slavery?

No, not at all!!!!

Do you feel you are a victim of whites?

No, not at all. All I care about is that the white government maintain as little control over my life, so I’m freely able to pursue whatever I want with the most liberties. As long as they allow me to do that I’m perfectly content!

How do you feel about Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton (do you listen to them?)

I feel they are dishonest, self serving, and pursuing their own freedoms at the expense of poor blacks. I have little patience for their antics. No, I rarelyl listen to them. They are simplly creation of the white media to continue to divide the races. No different then Jerry Falwell, Rush Limbaugh, and a host of other race baitors.

Do you listen to only Rap, Hip-Hop Music??

No, actually some of my favorite Bands/ groups are in no particular order

1. Linkin Park
2. The Killers
3. Kayne West
4. Phil Collins
5. David Guetta

AFROPUNK - afropunk.com documentary, explores race identity within the punk scene. black punks latino punks people of color punk rock

Do you have only black friends and do you only associate with black people?

No, actually most of my friends are white (typically jewish), black American, black African, south American, German, English, and a few Swedish friends.

Have you ever been to jail or committed a crime?

No!

Have you ever lived in an inner city or project?

NO! grew up in a gated community and overseas for a brief time.

Do your parents have college degrees?

Yes, both have advanced professional degrees

Do your grand-parents have college degrees?

Yes, one set is very well educated and both have degrees and grandfather has a doctorate

Have you every been the victim of a crime?

Thankfully no, other than a hit and run, in which an old lady hit my car and kept going she sped off doing 50 mph. I called the cops and they got a big laugh from it all.

Did you grow up in a single parent home?

No, I had two loving parents

What are some of your favorite things to do?
  • I like reading books (I hate fiction, because its not “real”)
  • I like snowboarding
  • I like dabbling in the stock market (I’m a finance dork)
  • I like spending time with family (most important way to relive stress)
  • I live traveling (always exploring new places)
What were you favorite toys as a kid?
  • Teddy Ruxpin
  • Care Bears
  • Mask/G.I. Joe
What are you favorite Movies?
  • Dead Poet Society
  • Good Will Hunting
  • Pursuit of Happiness
What did you want to be when you were a kid?

1. Architech
2. Fighter Pilot (Fav move was Top Gun)
3. General in the US Army (Colin Powell was a General when i was a kid i looked up to him)

Who are you favorite comedians?

1. Chris Rock
2. Dave Attell
3. Dave Chepelle
4. Dane Cook
5. Larry the Cable Guy (Yes get err done his one liners are hilarious most redneck comedy i do not like)

Did you eat Fried Chicken and other "southern food" in your home?

No, my mom cooked a lot of creol dishes, but we never ate fried chicken, because it is bad for you heath wise. We did eat a lot of Mexican food (everyone really liked creol and spicy mexican food). Alot of sauteed spinach and broccoli i was a big fan as a kid. However, when visiting some southern relatives i was exposed to "southern black cusine" like collard greens (which i liked), but found pig feet and other fatty foods digusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 03:36 PM
LM1

833 posts, read 998,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
I'm sick of the mis-information being spread on this forum about blacks. It makes me sick. We are not some monolithic group that all blindly supports and agrees with one another. I’ll take the time out to list questions, which many of the non-black community constantly tries to align the entire black community with. I'm only speaking for myself as a black, so it is safe to assume there are at least a few million others that probably agree with me or like the same things i like. If there are other blacks and whites that would like to ask a large group of blacks question now is your chance. However, note, that this is my opinion or another black posters opinion and we are by no means speaking for the other 35,999,9999 million people.

Do you feel you are at a disadvantage because of Slavery?

No, not at all!!!!

Do you feel you are a victim of whites?

No, not at all. All I care about is that the white government maintain as little control over my life, so I’m freely able to pursue whatever I want with the most liberties. As long as they allow me to do that I’m perfectly content!

How do you feel about Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton (do you listen to them?)

I feel they are dishonest, self serving, and pursuing their own freedoms at the expense of poor blacks. I have little patience for their antics. No, I rarelyl listen to them. They are simplly creation of the white media to continue to divide the races. No different then Jerry Falwell, Rush Limbaugh, and a host of other race baitors.

Do you listen to only Rap, Hip-Hop Music??

No, actually some of my favorite Bands/ groups are in no particular order

1. Linkin Park
2. The Killers
3. Kayne West
4. Phil Collins
5. David Guetta

AFROPUNK - afropunk.com documentary, explores race identity within the punk scene. black punks latino punks people of color punk rock

Do you have only black friends and do you only associate with black people?

No, actually most of my friends are white (typically jewish), black American, black African, south American, German, English, and a few Swedish friends.

Have you ever been to jail or committed a crime?

No!

Have you ever lived in an inner city or project?

NO! grew up in a gated community and overseas for a brief time.

Do your parents have college degrees?

Yes, both have advanced professional degrees

Do your grand-parents have college degrees?

Yes, one set is very well educated and both have degrees and grandfather has a doctorate

Have you every been the victim of a crime?

Thankfully no, other than a hit and run, in which an old lady hit my car and kept going she sped off doing 50 mph. I called the cops and they got a big laugh from it all.

Did you grow up in a single parent home?

No, I had two loving parents

What are some of your favorite things to do?
  • I like reading books (I hate fiction, because its not “real”)
  • I like snowboarding
  • I like dabbling in the stock market (I’m a finance dork)
  • I like spending time with family (most important way to relive stress)
  • I live traveling (always exploring new places)
What were you favorite toys as a kid?
  • Teddy Ruxpin
  • Care Bears
  • Mask/G.I. Joe
What are you favorite Movies?
  • Dead Poet Society
  • Good Will Hunting
  • Pursuit of Happiness
What did you want to be when you were a kid?

1. Architech
2. Fighter Pilot (Fav move was Top Gun)
3. General in the US Army (Colin Powell was a General when i was a kid i looked up to him)

Who are you favorite comedians?

1. Chris Rock
2. Dave Attell
3. Dave Chepelle
4. Dane Cook
5. Larry the Cable Guy (Yes get err done his one liners are hilarious most redneck comedy i do not like)

Did you eat Fried Chicken and other "southern food" in your home?

No, my mom cooked a lot of creol dishes, but we never ate fried chicken, because it is bad for you heath wise. We did eat a lot of Mexican food (everyone really liked creol and spicy mexican food). Alot of sauteed spinach and broccoli i was a big fan as a kid. However, when visiting some southern relatives i was exposed to "southern black cusine" like collard greens (which i liked), but found pig feet and other fatty foods digusting.
This is twilight-zone weird stuff here... We're like carbon copies (obviously, you would be the carbon )
The favorite movies is the clincher (those are 3 of my top 5), although hating fiction is a big one too as I cannot stand it either. (GI Joe FTW, vastly superior to MASK- based on your toy choices, I have a feeling we're very close in age too).
Our formative years were different though. Yours was more prosperous (apparently) and stable compared to mine.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:50 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,899 times
The Boston accents alone made Good Will Hunting a great move, lmao. I am black as well and I don't fit any of the stereotypes at all. There is also the stereotype that blacks are all Democrats. That isn't true. I'm a Libertarian/Anarcho-Capitalist (which just means a nut who supports people like Ron Paul, lol).

Old 03-03-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
This is twilight-zone weird stuff here... We're like carbon copies (obviously, you would be the carbon )
The favorite movies is the clincher (those are 3 of my top 5), although hating fiction is a big one too as I cannot stand it either. (GI Joe FTW, vastly superior to MASK- based on your toy choices, I have a feeling we're very close in age too).
Our formative years were different though. Yours was more prosperous (apparently) and stable compared to mine.
LM1, like i've said before we agree way more than we disagree and our disagrement are probably simply based on life experiences. I'm not heavily anti-white, because i have not had life experiences to make me that way. However, perhaps you're heavily "anti-black" because you have had life experiences that have been extremely negative. Is this the case?

I should have noted I have friends of all classes. I do not want to come off as a "snob" or "elitist" by saying some of that stuff.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
The Boston accents alone made Good Will Hunting a great move, lmao. I am black as well and I don't fit any of the stereotypes at all. There is also the stereotype that blacks are all Democrats. That isn't true. I'm a Libertarian/Anarcho-Capitalist (which just means a nut who supports people like Ron Paul, lol).

DUDE, NO WAY!!! ME TOO! RON PAUL ALL THE WAY!!! I knew there were other non-whites like me!! I'm not even sure who made up most of the stereotypes, because even a lot of the black friends i have grew up in a smiliar fashion to me and liked pretty much most of the same things.

However, i've found, that regardless if you judge people on what they individual bring to the table in terms of friendship you go a lot further. I have friends, that are day i say liberals (it digust me), but what matters to me is they are trustworthy (yes, i know there are some that are lol), nice, friendly, outgoing, and reliable. All things you want in a good friend, so the minor things like that do not bother me when making friends.

Oddly enough one of my best friends is a stuanch White Republican kid from Conneticut (first kid to come up to me in college and make friends with me). I'm probably more libratarian, but he and I go back and forth, like our only disagreement involves race and the size of government.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:09 PM

Oh I'd also add Wanda Sykes to my favorite Comedian list

Old 03-03-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
DUDE, NO WAY!!! ME TOO! RON PAUL ALL THE WAY!!! I knew there were other non-whites like me!! I'm not even sure who made up most of the stereotypes, because even a lot of the black friends i have grew up in a smiliar fashion to me and liked pretty much most of the same things.

However, i've found, that regardless if you judge people on what they individual bring to the table in terms of friendship you go a lot further. I have friends, that are day i say liberals (it digust me), but what matters to me is they are trustworthy (yes, i know there are some that are lol), nice, friendly, outgoing, and reliable. All things you want in a good friend, so the minor things like that do not bother me when making friends.

Oddly enough one of my best friends is a stuanch White Republican kid from Conneticut (first kid to come up to me in college and make friends with me). I'm probably more libratarian, but he and I go back and forth, like our only disagreement involves race and the size of government.
Anarcho-Capitalism is pretty much Libertarianism without a government. Libertarians want a government, but a very small one that is limited to being the referees for the free market and to keep the peace. Anarcho-Capitalists would rather just have private law enforcement agencies (I know a lot of people find that scary, but I don't. Without a government, it is easy to question "authority" when you know something is wrong.). We as Anacaps just figure that since the US will probably always have a government and will never warm to any of the various forms of anarchist thought, we just ride with the Libertarians who are almost just like us. They're the only political party that could represent us well. Good to know that there are more people like me. Free market with no government interference! Second Amendment rights are inalienable! The War on Drugs is BS! Gay marriage is a personal right!

Sorry, I had one of my radical moments, lol.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Anarcho-Capitalism is pretty much Libertarianism without a government. Libertarians want a government, but a very small one that is limited to being the referees for the free market and to keep the peace. Anarcho-Capitalists would rather just have private law enforcement agencies (I know a lot of people find that scary, but I don't. Without a government, it is easy to question "authority" when you know something is wrong.). We as Anacaps just figure that since the US will probably always have a government and will never warm to any of the various forms of anarchist thought, we just ride with the Libertarians who are almost just like us. They're the only political party that could represent us well. Good to know that there are more people like me. Free market with no government interference! Second Amendment rights are inalienable! The War on Drugs is BS! Gay marriage is a personal right!

Sorry, I had one of my radical moments, lol.
Well i'm not Anarcho lol I should have made that clear, but like you I strongly believe in the free-market. I strongly believe in our constitution and I beleive in a small limited government. A government thats main function is to provide a strong defense for its citizens, help faciliatate a free-trade (by staying the hell out lol), protect citizens rights (most important feature of freedom), and protect citizens from the corruption of people that would do them harm (criminals). If government does, that i'm 100% able to pursue anything i want to the best of my abilities. If i can do that then and only then will the "invisible hand" take place, because i'm able to freely pursue whatever the hell it is that makes me happy!

Like I said the race problem comes from government. It can only be eliminated by less government.

Malcom X and Barry Goldwater were 100% the same!

With exception

I'm not with the military approach
Nor do I call whites the devil etc
Im also not with any sort of nationalistic approach (because that always limits individuals freedoms for the greater good of collectivist)

But Self Sufficiency, government up holding the law on personal freedoms, and a host of other economic things these men stood for i'm behind.

But both were libertarians (Barry was technically the father of modern conservatism before the religious zelots hijacked the term)

Old 03-03-2008, 04:32 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
OK, Truthhurts, we've "butted heads" before, so in all sincerity, here's another question for you. (I got sort of "beaten up" earlier for broaching this sort of thing, by those who, in MY opinion, simply didn't see my point)..

In view of your extensive "profile", above, (which I'm sure is accurate), and in view of the HUGE way in which it contradicts the popular "media" view (and the Al Sharpton view) of what "regular" blacks are "supposed" to feel and think, What, in your personal opinion, is the relevance of the term "THE BLACK COMMUNITY" ? Is it a useful term, or is it really NOT?

....In other words, (as I TRIED to ask once before), what connection do YOU feel there is between YOURSELF, Al Sharpton, Tookie Williams, Colin Powell, Snoop Dogg, Barak Obama, Notorious B.I.G., Louis Farakhan, Condoleeza Rice, Malcolm X, 50 Cent, and Clarence Thomas?

And, if there IS any "common thread" running through ALL these folks, is it in any way exclusive of the commonality they share with NON-Blacks? In your OPINION, do black professionals and college graduates feel closer to the "Crips" and the "Bloods", OR do they feel closer to other, NON-black professionals and college graduates? Are they CORRECT in this, or NOT, (in your estimation).?

In other words, is there ACTUALLY a "Black Comunity" AT ALL, or has it largely become simply an artificial "short cut" term favored by the media?

Old 03-03-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Well i'm not Anarcho lol I should have made that clear, but like you I strongly believe in the free-market. I strongly believe in our constitution and I beleive in a small limited government. A government thats main function is to provide a strong defense for its citizens, help faciliatate a free-trade (by staying the hell out lol), protect citizens rights (most important feature of freedom), and protect citizens from the corruption of people that would do them harm (criminals). If government does, that i'm 100% able to pursue anything i want to the best of my abilities. If i can do that then and only then will the "invisible hand" take place, because i'm able to freely pursue whatever the hell it is that makes me happy!

Like I said the race problem comes from government. It can only be eliminated by less government.

Malcom X and Barry Goldwater were 100% the same!

With exception

I'm not with the military approach
Nor do I call whites the devil etc
Im also not with any sort of nationalistic approach (because that always limits individuals freedoms for the greater good of collectivist)

But Self Sufficiency, government up holding the law on personal freedoms, and a host of other economic things these men stood for i'm behind.

But both were libertarians (Barry was technically the father of modern conservatism before the religious zelots hijacked the term)
I agree with everything you said. I think that even though Anarcho-Capitalism is grouped with anarchism, there aren't many similarities. Anarchism was mainly founded on socialist thought, so they usually fit right in with liberals even though they oppose big government. They still support many of the things modern liberals do such as distribution of wealth. Anarchists are generally against capitalism. If you ever bring up Anarcho-Capitalism around an anarchist, you will find that very few actually consider it to be a form of anarchism. We also have different symbols. Their symbol is just a black A with a circle around it. Their are smaller sects inside of it that have their own symbols, but that's the one accepted by them all. We have a flag that is black and yellow. The black half has the yellow dollar sign. The yellow half has the black A with the circle. Sorry for my rant, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies