Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2017, 08:21 AM

33,553 posts, read 18,147,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
The man is a con. A straight up in your face, lying, bumbling, bigoted, foul mouthed, degenerate womanizing, narcissistic sycophant. He's a con man, has flat out looked America in the face and lied. He has installed more Wall Street pals into power than he blamed Hillary of 'colluding with'- and they can't seem to even admit that. Now it's all 'great' and 'wonderful'.

What is frightening is the speed and efficiency that he snowed the most vulnerable of our population- the hard core right.
Weak ... this is your argument... weak.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:23 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
OK, Let me rephrase that for you. It is clear that he has managed to shut down a wide segment of the press for his followers. There are lots of people, including right here on DC, who proudly proclaim that every word published by the press is flies, that refuse to even read a link if it is from specific sources, belittle anyone who reads a variety of sources, and who appear to only believe what trump says, without regard to any factual data to either back up or disprove it.
I just call those people what they are. Imbeciles.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:26 AM

33,553 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Quote:
OK, Let me rephrase that for you. It is clear that he has managed to shut down a wide segment of the press for his followers. There are lots of people, including right here on DC, who proudly proclaim that every word published by the press is flies, that refuse to even read a link if it is from specific sources, belittle anyone who reads a variety of sources, and who appear to only believe what trump says, without regard to any factual data to either back up or disprove it.
No one had to telll me what is being said. I watch all three networks and I make up my own mind as what is truth and what is propaganda. I think it before anyone tells me to think it... the left is so preposterous , and then I hear the same argument , I know it is the same stupid talking point they were told by MSM to believe . It is an insult to them to repeat some of the crazy fake news and think we are going to actually think this is truth.

Sad day when we have to listen to garbage that they spew as being truth.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:30 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They have been waging a war on Conservatives for years. It's time for someone to fight back and call them out for their bad reporting.

Media ratings are all up. They love Trump ever since the Primaries.
Ever hear of any of the following and their war on liberals:

Limbaugh
Beck
Hannity
Drudge
Savage
Coulter
Breitbart
Jones

Old 02-19-2017, 08:34 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,637,547 times
FOX news is MSM too....so I'm guessing a large number of conservatives watch fake news also

Old 02-19-2017, 08:36 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
FOX news is MSM too....so I'm guessing a large number of conservatives watch fake news also
Fox News promotes an agenda and is a fairly poor news source. It's no different than CNN, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, etc.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:38 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Ever hear of any of the following and their war on liberals:

Limbaugh
Beck
Hannity
Drudge
Savage
Coulter
Breitbart
Jones
They don't count. They're not 'real news'. Only 'real news' is 'fake news'.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:42 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
OK, Let me rephrase that for you. It is clear that he has managed to shut down a wide segment of the press for his followers......

That is your opinion. I stopped listening to CNN when they tried to make out Michael Jackson's death equivalent to the Second Coming, and NBC when they tried to make out the 2nd Gulf War like a grand adventure served on a plate of Freedom Fries. The others are just as bad.

If you choose to get your information from these yoyos, then I feel sorry for you.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:55 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,252,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That is your opinion. I stopped listening to CNN when they tried to make out Michael Jackson's death equivalent to the Second Coming, and NBC when they tried to make out the 2nd Gulf War like a grand adventure served on a plate of Freedom Fries.
These are, of course, your interpretations. But just because you put your fingers in your ears when news happens doesn't mean it didn't happen.

OTOH, Trump tells lies which are meant to serve as "news." The latest: yesterday, he spoke about ". . . what's happening last night in Sweden" which has left the Swedish people wondering just what that might be: Sweden to President Trump: What terrorist attack?.

This would be hilarious if it wasn't so dangerous.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:56 AM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Lol. Just because you don't like the news doesn't mean the people reporting it are biased.
Your remark does not prove anything at all. The obvious shock that liberal voters experienced upon Trump's win *is* proof that the media was overwhelmingly and blatantly biased in favor of Clinton. They had liberals convinced Clinton would beat Trump. And Clinton's team actually wanted Trump over other candidates for the Republican ticket, since they figured it would be easiest to beat him. In March 2016, Democratic voters in Arlington VA were encouraged to vote for Trump in the Virginia Republican primary (open primaries). Bet they feel really foolish now. Ah well. Hillary's loss proves that eventually people do reap what they sow.

I left the Democratic party years ago. They became too elitist, extreme and militant with their divisive tactics. Not a Republican either. I am just a person with a healthy amount of skepticism who knows when the news coverage is intentionally leaving out significant facts in the reporting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies