Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2017, 05:25 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,242,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post

Trump hasn't directly shut down the media, no. I don't think he'll ever have the legal capability to do so. But he's using his position of authority to discredit those who challenge him. He's shut down the media psychologically (for his supporters), though not legally. That's pretty terrifying in its own right.

Some media outlets are indeed biased (CNN and MSNBC definitely, the others not quite), but so long as their reports are substantiated and fact-checked, that doesn't mean what they say isn't true. You can't shut an entity out because they disagree with you.

I would say "your" instead of "their" to all of you Trump supporters in this thread in an attempt at dialogue. However, judging by the constant use of terms like regressive left, lefties, *******s, cucks, snowflakes, etc. in this forum and the context of usage around anything remotely referring to anyone that isn't kissing Trump's shoe, it is seemingly clear that you really don't want to have a conversation. You'd rather demonize.

That being said, if anyone wants to civilly discuss/dispute with fact-checked sources (NOT Breitbart, InfoWars, ThinkProgress, etc.) I'm right here.

1) I disagree.....Trump won't let the media which has been biased and dishonest and more now since Trump won the Presidency write the narrative and he has taken them on. Free Speech is a 2 way street. The MSM can't take shots at Trump and expect they are above critique.

2) There is a reason over 70% of the country doesn't trust the MSM, is run by the establishment and corporations with their own agenda and they are the ones controlling their narrative. That's why real news stories don't get reported or buried in the back pages.

3) I started noticing this during the Desert Storm and after 9/11 how the MSM was just a propaganda arm of the establishment and so many examples since then and now is just bad. Journalism is not what it was before.

4) During the election all the American newspapers and news channels for the exception of Fox, were anti-Trump in their reporting and rooting for Hillaryn....even the Latino networks of Univision and Telemundo were not just bias but hateful in their reporting.....and you want Trump to turn the other cheek? come on!

5) I hope Trump tones it down but I hope the MSM does too because they are part of the problem in this country and they think they are in a special class and can't be untouched.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:25 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,480,308 times
Which media outlet has been shut down?

Crickets.....

Thought so.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:29 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,070,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
1) I disagree.....Trump won't let the media which has been biased and dishonest and more now sine Trump won write the narrative and he has taken them on. Free Speech is a 2 way street. The MSM can't take shots at Trump and expect they are above critique.

2) There is a reason over 70% of the country doesn't trust the MSM, is run by the establishment and corporations with their own agenda and they are the ones controlling their narrative. That's why real news stories don't get reported or buried in the back pages.

3) I started noticing this during the Desert Storm and after 9/11 how the MSM was just a propaganda arm of the establishment and so many examples since then and now is just bad. Journalism is not what it was before.

4) During the election all the American newspapers and news channel for the exception of Fox, were anti-Trump in their reporting and rooting for Hillaryn....even the Latino networks of Univision and Telemundo were not just bias but hateful in their reporting.....and you want Trump to turn the other cheek? come on!

5) I hope Trump tone it down but I hope the MSM does too because they are part of the problem in this country and they think they are in a special class and can't be untouched.
^^^^^^^^this right here folks^^^^^^is exactly how demonization of the press takes hold and how Donald Dump and his swamp are catering to a base that has no concept of how dangerous this is...HOLY ****!!!''It's up to you to fact check buddy...you don't leave it up to a habitual fraud and liar to tell you what and whom to believe...

Old 02-18-2017, 05:29 PM

30,018 posts, read 18,869,092 times
It's always the Left that tries to silence speech so this is another Fake News story. Anyone that points out the lies of the 'Free Press' is doing us a favor....thank you President Trump.

The right of the citizens to express themselves means everything including the right to express dismay and calling out the lies and distortions of the MSM.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:30 PM

30,018 posts, read 18,869,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Name one thing that has been shut down.
Any time a conservative like Milo Yaniapolis or Steve Bannon are scheduled to speak at a Leftist university.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:31 PM

the MSM can call Trump dishonest but Trump can't call them dishonest because they are above everybody. The elites in the media are in a bubble, they know best, how can anybody question their integrity and wisdom.

because we all know the MSM is looking out for us, the American people! ....LOL

Old 02-18-2017, 05:34 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,719,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Why would conservatives want to silence a free press when the "progressives" and their far-Left allies make bigger fools of themselves with every passing moment???

You lost; you lost precisely because you alienated the people with enough commons sense to understand why your lies and fantasies won't and can't work. You can spew all you like, but the only people who are listening are those delusional enough, or naïve enough to swallow your swill. the rest of us have more meaningful things to do.

And I think most of us recognize why Trump's own fantasies won't work. It's the honest, working, beer-bar crowd who abandoned you, and no one can offer the "answer" a lot of them are looking for. And if Trump ever poses a serious threat to true Constitutional democracy, we'll stand against him just as firmly.

We just don't want do contaminate our ranks with the likes of you, and the rest of the hard-core dead weight. You can either wise up, or be prepared to stay on the sidelines and in the back benches -- permanently.
Nice rant but, just like the other Trumpettes, you fail (or refuse) to even see what's going on here. It doesn't matter though because your hero is in a tailspin and he's bringing your whole party down with him. Most of us anti-Trumpists are sitting back and watching the whole thing go down. I especially enjoy when someone comes on here and posts the angry rants defending their savior like you just did. It's funny!

Old 02-18-2017, 05:34 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,207,896 times
McCain is about to be exposed.

Besides the last time I checked media stations were still running fake news.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
^^^^^^^^this right here folks^^^^^^is exactly how demonization of the press takes hold and how Donald Dump and his swamp are catering to a base that has no concept of how dangerous this is...HOLY ****!!!''It's up to you to fact check buddy...you don't leave it up to a habitual fraud and liar to tell you what and whom to believe...

OH please stop with your drama. Do you need a safe space with the press now? The press will survive. Free speech is a 2 way street.

Trump criticize the Press and all of the sudden people like you gets hysterical and act like its the end of democracy and free speech as we know it ....lol

gets some balls and thick skin...

Old 02-18-2017, 05:38 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,264,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's up to you to fact check?!? Are you kidding me?????? You want us to do the work for the journalists now?

That's a full time job right there. No the answer is stop listening to sources that are too lazy to validate their stories!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies