Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2017, 12:47 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times

Advertisements

I could be wrong, but I think he may have been referring to the plans for the Bowling Green Massacre having been hatched in Sweden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 12:47 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
He just doesn't want to discuss the issue.

Compiled stats are always a challenge. It's important to know exactly what's being said when comparing numbers that were gathered using different methodologies.

There might be something to it, but without actually digging in to the numbers and how they were derived, it's impossible to say.
No, of course not. There may be something to the rise in reported sexual assaults. Or there may not be. It's impossible to tell from the story, because the data and methods aren't available.

As for the rest of the respondents who are criticizing me for drawing attention to this issue, I am NOT an apologist for sexual assault! That's the most ridiculous attempt at character assassination ever.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:52 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Please note that sexual assault is defined more widely in Sweden than in many other western nations. Also, accusations of repeated aggression are reported as completely separate incidents, which may lead to unreasonable assumptions about the real risks facing the public.
It is probably the fault of Swesish women anyway. They ought to understand that Muslim men are required to rape infidel women, so using them for forces sex is part of a Mulism immigrants attempts to get in touch with his culture and his being authentically Muslim.

In any event, good job deflecting blame from the rapists. You are a true friend of Islam, and multicultural as all heck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
The alt rights are here in larger numbers than ever. They post lies, fake stories, racist stories, bigoted lies and twisted truths. And all in order to lower tone, and degrade debate down to yahoo level name calling...

The last thing they want is people talking like adults.

Frankly the worse part is they have dragged solid long term posters here right down to their level. And the mods simply don't care, they are sitting by idle as city data turns into an alt right hate fest.
Actually, the mods on here do everything they can to restrict the freedom of speech of those of us who spread the truth. I had an excellent thread entitled JUST A REMINDER, ISLAM WANTS TO KILL YOU, RAPE YOU, AND RAPE CHILDREN. In it I documented the passages of the Quran that called for Muslims to do so, challenged any and all to post similar passages from Christiantiy, and asked the moderators to leave the thread open in the interest of free speech, the idea of which is that people know the truth if all opinions are spoken.

Of course they closed it. So rest assurred, left wing fascism is alive and well here, and freedom of spech is only sacred when you are defending rapist/killers. It is just that the mods can't be everywhere at once to help further your agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Can you link to the incident the night before Trumps speech he was referencing?

Or is this just another lame attempt from a Trump lemming to deflect from the fact his master lies repeatedly? How much bullshlt from this guy are you willing to accept and defend?
The Swesish rape crisis is real and well documented. All you lefties reveal is that you are too lazy and dishonest to do five minutes of research for yourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
He just doesn't want to discuss the issue.

Compiled stats are always a challenge. It's important to know exactly what's being said when comparing numbers that were gathered using different methodologies.

There might be something to it, but without actually digging in to the numbers and how they were derived, it's impossible to say.
Yes, it is almost impossible to extrapolate what it might actually mean that Muslims are entering Europe and comitting sexual assaults in vast numbers. Nothing to be inferred here without in depth analysis at all.

Do you know how idiotic you sound? Really.

Last edited by cachibatches; 02-19-2017 at 01:09 PM..

Old 02-19-2017, 12:52 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Who honestly believes that crime rates haven't been affected by the large influx of immigrants, especially Muslim immigrants?

Who would honestly let their child even step-foot in a mostly-Muslim immigrant school in Sweden? Who would want their daughter walking through a mostly-Muslim part of town at night?

We all know that the influx of Muslims has not made Sweden a better country. It hasn't made it safer. It hasn't made it happier. And it hasn't made it more stable.

Even if you ignore the fact that Sweden's definition of rape is different than ours, so that it isn't fair to make direct comparisons between Sweden and other countries. The truth is, of those convicted of rape, we all know that Muslims are significantly over-represented. Which is why the government refuses to record statistics based on race/religion/etc.

If Muslims had a lower than normal rate of crime/rape, the government would not be trying to hide it(and their state-regulated media).

Everyone knows that Muslims cause a lot of problems, and that the Swedish people would be far better off without them.

Only an idiot would believe otherwise.
I can't wrap my head around so many people all over the world who deny what is right in front of them. Are they brainwashed? Self-destructive? So much of an ideologue that they defend the indefensible and deny the undeniable?

I wish I had something useful to add to the conversation. I wish I could understand why so many all over the world throw their heads into the sand and self-destructively pretend that everything is all right. But I don't and I don't.

A frustrated career cop in Sweden lashed out on FB recently:
https://www.rt.com/news/376582-swede...migrant-crime/

Old 02-19-2017, 12:53 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,247,964 times
Firstly, Sweden doesn't record the ethnicity (or religion!) of rapists so any site trying to claim its a certain percentage of muslims is clearly talking out of its arse because it is impossible to know the percentage that is muslim.

Secondly, as has already been mentioned, rape has a much wider definition in Sweden and multiple instances are counted individually.

And thirdly, crime, including rape, correlates more strongly to social class (e.g. poorer people) than anything else and as most immigrants to Sweden are in the lower classes economically they are more likely to commit crimes but their children, born in Sweden, aren't any more likely to commit crimes than their Swedish counterparts.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:54 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Sweeden has asked the State Dept to clarify Trump's remarks regarding what 'happened' Friday night.

Sweden asks US to clarify Trump's comments on Sweden incident | TheHill

Since this is, I guess, an official request by another government, our response to them will be an official reply. It should be interesting to see how Conway and Spicer try to spin this one, and how the GOP mainstream deals with Trump becoming such a pathological liar that now other countries are calling him on it.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:56 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Perhaps you should fix your own rape problem before worrying about others...

US rape statistics.... 27.3 per 100,000....I'd say that is pretty high compared to Canada....1.7 per 100,000....By the way we have over 30,000 Syrian refugees here in Canada....They are not the criminals your orange buffoon claims they are....They are just another boogie man created by Trump....Divide and conquer....

As many of you keep reminding us, we are a nation of immigrants. So is Canada of course, albeit with a strict immigration policy ...well, usually. Now Canada has uncharacteristically decided to take in these so called Syrians(if they were actually Syrians many of them were far more secular, and would not be so bad. However everyone is a Syrian refugee these days). So now your boy toy has decided to play with the big boys. I encourage you to keep doing it. In fact I encourage you to volunteer for some of our refugees in your home town. How can I lose? You will either solve the problem and show the US how it is done, a result I'd be more than happy to observe, or I will see yet another country that stopped dealing in oranges to a common currency of apples , and then go bankrupt.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:59 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I can't wrap my head around so many people all over the world who deny what is right in front of them. Are they brainwashed? Self-destructive? So much of an ideologue that they defend the indefensible and deny the undeniable?

I wish I had something useful to add to the conversation. I wish I could understand why so many all over the world throw their heads into the sand and self-destructively pretend that everything is all right. But I don't and I don't.

A frustrated career cop in Sweden lashed out on FB recently:
https://www.rt.com/news/376582-swede...migrant-crime/
RT. The propaganda arm of Putins Russia. Yeah great source mate, the fakest of fake news is where you go to find supporting "proof", for a patently false narrative..

Old 02-19-2017, 01:00 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Perhaps you should fix your own rape problem before worrying about others...

US rape statistics.... 27.3 per 100,000....I'd say that is pretty high compared to Canada....1.7 per 100,000....By the way we have over 30,000 Syrian refugees here in Canada....They are not the criminals your orange buffoon claims they are....They are just another boogie man created by Trump....Divide and conquer....
The US can fix its rape problem by sending all our rapists to Canada. Please show the US what it has done wrong. Take all our criminal population while you are at it. Once they are in Canada and get some of that magic dirt under their feet, they will all behave like angels, I'm sure.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:02 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
I have a very simple question that I need to ask all of the Trump supporters on here. Does it not bother you that YOUR PRESIDENT not only lies, but he fabricates lies just to make himself look better, or to prove a point. This is the President of the United States, for God's sake, a man who should not only be as honest as possible, but also who has NO PROBLEM calling others liars.

Let's take just two little examples of his out and out lies:

1) This most recent one about a Swedish terrorist attack. Not only did it not happen, but he knows he is going to be called on it for lying..........but he can not stop himself from telling the lie anyway.

2) The time he told all of you, at a rally, that Obama shamelessly berated a veteran who supported Trump at one of Obama's rallies. It was right on tape where Obama was kind to the man, told the crowd that the man has the right to his free speech, and he stuck up for the man ! Yet, Trump went on and lied right to YOUR faces at YOUR rally.

Trump is not only a bald faced liar, he is a pathological liar. We can show you tons of examples of PROVEN lies he has told us, and has told YOU.

So, here is the simple question. Do these multitudes of lies not concern you ? If not, why ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies