Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2017, 01:58 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,760,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think he knows when he's lying and I think his staff intentionally lies as well, it's called "gaslighting"

Gaslighting
A form of intimidation or psychological abuse, sometimes called Ambient Abuse where false information is presented to the victim, making them doubt their own memory, perception and quite often, their sanity. The classic example of gaslighting is to switch something around on someone that you know they're sure to notice, but then deny knowing anything about it, and to explain that they "must be imagining things" when they challenge these changes.

A more psychological definition of gaslighting is "an increasing frequency of systematically withholding factual information from, and/or providing false information to, the victim - having the gradual effect of making them anxious, confused, and less able to trust their own memory and perception.

Very possible. Also, if you say a lie often enough, and loud enough, some people will believe it is true. Donald Trump is very good at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 02:09 PM

29,694 posts, read 24,763,642 times
Democrats have made it clear, they hate Americans and worship illegals. They believe that illegals should be able to vote, and their votes should be worth 10X that of an American citizen.

And that is why American voters stopped electing Democrats to make the important decisions that effect our lives. Time for the illegals to start packing up and heading home. If they want to live in a great country, than I guess it's time for them to make their own country great.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:14 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,103,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Sweeden has asked the State Dept to clarify Trump's remarks regarding what 'happened' Friday night.

Sweden asks US to clarify Trump's comments on Sweden incident | TheHill
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Since this is, I guess, an official request by another government, our response to them will be an official reply. It should be interesting to see how Conway and Spicer try to spin this one, and how the GOP mainstream deals with Trump becoming such a pathological liar that now other countries are calling him on it.
If his press conference is any indication, Trump will say "someone" told him about the incident and then add "and by the way, did you hear I won 306 Electoral College votes? Biggest margin EVER!"

Old 02-19-2017, 02:15 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,059,857 times
Border patrol agents say they stop many illegals and on them is a voter registration card they are carrying.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:20 PM

9,132 posts, read 5,779,545 times
Things are just great in Sweden.

Quote:
The Swedes welcome the Hells Angels
Hells Angels Goth Town has moved into a new clubhouse in Skepplanda in Ale, which is part of the Greater Gothenburg. The venue is located in an activity area with soccer fields and a local football club, which is frequented by many young people. Police think it is "extremely inappropriate", but as insecurity in the Swedish society is rapidly increasing, the public seems to welcome the controversial motorcycle club with open arms.

- This area is extremely inappropriate for the Hells Angels, says Teodor Smedius, head of the police district Kungälv/Ale, to Göteborgs-Posten.

But to the despair of the police, the Hells Angels is welcomed by ordinary people.

"The safest neighbors you can have," one person wrote on Facebook.
The Swedes welcome the Hells Angels

Old 02-19-2017, 02:24 PM

6,152 posts, read 7,180,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
This guy is so dangerous! It just goes to show how little his fans actually know about what is going on in the world that they can be tricked into believing in these fake attacks he and his team make up.
Ironically he talks about fake news when in fact he's creating the fake news

Old 02-19-2017, 02:26 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,103,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Ironically he talks about fake news when in fact he's creating the fake news
This has been the case all along - every thing he has attacked others (often falsely) for doing is something he and his campaign has done.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:26 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,614,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
FB has lot of unproven stories. But it looks like we don't get lot of information from Europe when it comes to refugee related issues. I think, stories are filtered out in order to maintain the things without going out of hand. Some times we do knot know what to think about these whole situation. I watched this Calais woman speech. It is sorry situation for both refugees and people who are affected with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5RifrDfElo
there are very real issues, but the one being talked about is Sweden and false claims made about rape stats.

I get to the EU a lot, i do a little business there and lived there for 20 years. Racism is getting worse there not better, but much of it has to do with the awful austerity policy as a route out of the great recession, the EU decided to go with austerity while Obama's US went with printing presses and spending. our choice worked, the EU follow suit but is still struggling.
Their working class and middle classes took a massive beat down and are looking to place blame. sadly they are directing their angry at the various groups that arrive and settle in the EU.

Keep in mind the syrians are just the latest wave, although they are a very large one. Germany needs people to keep its economy going, over the decades they have been inviting guest workers, of all sorts. The big issue they face today is not the volume but the speed at which they arrived, Germany can soak up 1 million with ease, but just not at the speed they showed up.

Many replies in this thread are built on lies and falsehoods, by Right wing Trump supporters who wish to define Muslims as our enemies, which of course is patently false. But it is very hard to fight fear mongering, which is exactly why they do it. It is asymmetrical in terms of effort. One has only to spend 8 seconds posting a lie that requires 8 mins to prove false...

Old 02-19-2017, 02:27 PM

8,087 posts, read 6,709,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump was right yet again. Huge number of non-Citizens including illegals are registered to vote.

According to the article it could be larger than 2M.

Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote - Washington Times
When i registered to vote in NC I was amazed that no one asked me for any ID or of proof of address.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:29 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,227,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
When i registered to vote in NC I was amazed that no one asked me for any ID or of proof of address.
Same here in CA. No ID required to vote either. Voter ballots are mailed to us and anyone who gets ballots accidentally mailed to their address can most certainly get away with extra votes.

CA has many broken systems and this is just one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies