Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes 14 82.35%
No 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 05:06 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
The dude is basically a giant Internet troll. He knows what he's doing.
Exactly. He's made his bed, now he can sleep in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 05:16 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
In the case of Carlina White, do we suppose that it is her view that kidnappers are lovable?

He knows and says he had struggles. He might want to find out if that was part of it. Therapy sounds good.
Yes , hopefully he has been in therapy this whole time. Milo
does not bother me cause I don't listen to him other
than the bit on Bill Maher's show which showed
a very uncomfortable man in his own skin. Part
of his illness shows up in having to be as shocking as he can be
and I felt kind of bad for him , he is very unsettled.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:19 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Which experience(s) caused him to abuse someone so badly that he was blocked from Twitter?

Want to see hate-mongers, Milo and his opportunist self among them?

Look here:

"Breitbart’s Milo Yiannopoulos in particular seemed such a desperate opportunist that we never predicted his rise to prominence, having explicitly stereotyped gamers in the past as “overweight” and “embarrassing”. A disgraced journalist and entrepreneur who had to close his tech site The Kernel due to unpaid debts, leaving staff uncertain if they would ever be paid, he’d then spent the next few years spouting insincere hateful ideas to a burgeoning Twitter audience who responded to his anti-feminist, anti-establishment invectives. He was eventually banned from the platform after finally abusing a woman who was apparently just famous enough for Twitter to respond."

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ght-hate-trump

Gamergate’s fickle hero: The dark opportunism of Breitbart’s Milo Yiannopoulos - Salon.com

The Guardian is trash. Salon is garbage.

What Milo did on twitter was mild...

Old 02-21-2017, 05:22 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Milo has been consistent and perfectly logical.

The attacks against him were calculated to cause him the most damage as possible...like he said.
Agreed on all counts. I wish him the best.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
I say this as someone who has, and always has always had, gay friends. Many are funny, gossipy and sarcastic, but some are particularly snarky for the sake of being snarky, mean and nasty, as it is simply a manifestation of their nasty and narcissistic personalities. Milo falls into that camp. He's just a catty snarky guy who enjoys getting in nasty personal digs at people for no 'political' reason--simply to be mean.

But, I believe that like Trump, he thinks all publicity is good publicity. I'm sure he's mostly loving being in the spotlight, after emerging from an obscure existence where he was known only to the alt-right.

Apparently, he has no green card, simply 'some type' of visa. I say deport his ass.

He will be a nobody when he gets back to the UK. That will make him Sad!

Old 02-21-2017, 05:27 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I say this as someone who has, and always has always had, gay friends. Many are funny, gossipy and sarcastic, but some are particularly snarky for the sake of being snarky, mean and nasty, as it is simply a manifestation of their nasty and narcissistic personalities. Milo falls into that camp. He's just a catty snarky guy who enjoys getting in nasty personal digs at people for no 'political' reason--simply to be mean.

But, I believe that like Trump, he thinks all publicity is good publicity. I'm sure he's mostly loving being in the spotlight, after emerging from an obscure existence where he was known only to the alt-right.

Apparently, he has no green card, simply 'some type' of visa. I say deport his ass.

He will be a nobody when he gets back to the UK. That will make him Sad!
Well, first he lost his CPAC speaking gig, and then Brietbart fired him as a correspondent. Just heard the last on the news.

So Milo is back off to England when his visa runs out. Sadder for sure, but probably no wiser.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:34 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Talking Milo will NOT deliver a keynote speech at (CPAC) this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Looks like radical leftists at Berkeley have helped to raise his profile even more!

--
Breitbart senior editor MILO, also known as the “Dangerous ******,” will deliver a keynote speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) this year.

It will be a wide-ranging speech covering MILO’s experience battling third-wave feminism, the media, left-wing college professors, Black Lives Matter, violent “black bloc” activists, and progressive elites in the entertainment industry.
MILO is also expected to address the state of American conservatism, free speech, the Trump administration, and how young conservatives and libertarians in America should focus their energies over the next ten years.

MILO to Deliver Keynote Address at CPAC - Breitbart
SO amusing!

Just a short while ago, conservos were all yipping and yapping over how UC Berkely students protesting this sleaze's appearance were "depriving him of his 1st amendment rights."

Now that's it's come out that he's a slimy sexual perv, it's CPAC that's "depriving him of his 1st amendment rights."

You just can't make this stuff up.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:47 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,896 times
The right embraced Milo far too much quickly. Just because the left hates him doesn't mean he's good to associate with. The guys a creep, plain and simple.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:49 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Has it been addressed yet, but what the heck is this supposed to be a poll for?

Old 02-21-2017, 05:50 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Has it been addressed yet, but what the heck is this supposed to be a poll for?
Right, was there a question that the rest of us missed in the OP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies