Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 07:22 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,822,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We schmucks won. We backed the guy who will actually represent the working man.
LOL good joke!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 07:38 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,901,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
...Why would anyone believe 95% of DC level politicians from EITHER party gives a rat's turd about the average American?

These people are bought, sold and owned by private interests.

Trump, in addition to being an elitist billionaire TV celeb is a well-known and admitted fraud and liar with a very lengthy history of fleecing rubes out of money, comitting scams and cons, stiffing people to whom he owes money, refusing to honor contracts and declaring bankruptcy a half dozen times (in order to stiff more people and not honor contracts.) He's a legendary cheat and fraud.

The bulk of what he's done since taking office is breaking his promise to disclose his taxes and business dealings, whine like a crybaby on twitter, golf, have pointless rallies to feed his egomania, demonize brown people to rile up his cowardly base who fear everyone who isn't a white christian neocon male, lie about and fabricate terrorist attacks, and stock his cabinet with similarly inexperienced elitist billionaire corporate cronies.

And the lemmings are ignorant enough to think this man cares about them. He cares about ratings and lining his pockets at the expense of others. That's it.
Appreciate the reality-based assessment, thanks & respect.

On the bold: it's worth adding to the "bulk of what he's done" part is his apparently calculated effort to perpetuate the overall con by providing "picayune minutia" (often in 140 characters or less) to redirect the unwary American citizen's attention away from everything else you've identified here.

His decades long history demonstrates his proficiency at being a crafty Con & bs Artist.

Why anyone would think these 'skills' are transferable to the job requirements, duties & responsibilities of his present gig is beyond my understanding.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:57 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,322,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
And the point the Left and the MSM is missing here is that Trump supporters don't give a rubenesque rodent's posterior about the picayune minutia that they keep focusing on.

Trump supporters are about the big picture.
Were you saying the same thing after the 13th Benghazi hearing which uncovered nothing and cost taxpayers millions of dollars?

Or during the witch hunt that went on forever and cost taxpayers millions because Bill Clinton cheated on his wife, even though trump is a known, lifelong serial adulterer who brags about it?

Doubtful. Trump lemmings are the rankest kind of hypocrites.

***This is not meant as a defense of the clintons, who I acknowledge to also be corrupt corporate prostitutes.***

Old 02-20-2017, 07:59 AM

33,862 posts, read 16,906,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Msm was disliked before trump came along

and it keeps getting worse.

Big media layoffs = Drain the Swamp ii

Old 02-20-2017, 08:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Talking Media wonders why Trump supporters hate them so much

pull-EEZ!

"The media" know perfectly well why you Trumplings hate them so much.

You've been TOLD to hate them, so you jump right into step and do as you're ordered.

It's no mystery.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:09 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,322,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You mean like when the slightest critizisms of Obama were immediately met with unfounded accusations of racism?
There was a thread here a few months back asking "What do you think America will be like in 20 years?"

Several answers from the obama hater/trump lemming posters consisted of saying "browner." And in a negative sense, as if America will collapse or go to the dogs because white christian males may lose their majority status. As if it matters.

For 8 years people compared obama and his family to monkeys, even burning him in effigy, calling for him to be deported, calling him a Kenyan Muslim terrorist, and other such hateful, bigoted nonsense.

Trump himself campaigned on demonzing brown people, making enemies of Mexicans, Muslims, etc. Creating threats, using hate and fear to energize his base who, let's be honest, hope to "make America white again."

To assert that there is not racism involved, or that trump lemmings are not a cowardly, bigoted lot is remarkably disingenuous and hypocritical.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
So a news agency should not report ANYTHING until all firm facts are in? I think the MSM has a right to print news as it's coming out. We may not have all the facts at initial print, but the news agencies should continue to update the story as it develops. A good news agency will continue to fact check, print, change, and retract if necessary. I don't agree with news agencies that run with opinion as news and then when they get it totally wrong, won't own up to it. I see that on many internet sites.
The old 'Any press is good press (Succès de scandale)' schtick may have worked as a reality show actor however it sure didn't help with impressing his potential financiers for his business schemes.

He needs to update his act, after all, it may've been alright to make these types of claims:

"You know, it really doesn`t matter what (the media) write as long as you've got a young & beautiful piece of a$$." ~Donald Trump

When he was a member of Howard's 'wack pack'.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Heh, we need more cardboard cutouts of Trump in blue cities. There's some humor to be derived there and media covering it would enrage Trump all the more.
It should be noted these images are most likely 'not safe for work', however they most likely indicate reception in Manhattan:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/18/12...eles-indecline

Old 02-20-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I've never met someone who gets offended by the simple act of making fun of Trump. But don't forget, making fun of Trump is part of a larger effort to discredit and delegitimize him. So a lot of people feel that someone making fun of Trump, forces them on the defensive.

I'm not impressed by Trump's ability to speak, and his seemingly-limited vocabulary, and his lack of knowledge in important areas. But the claim by liberals that Donald Trump is an idiot always bothers me.

Keep in mind, I call people idiots all the time, but in most cases, I don't believe that they are actual idiots. But more that they are BEING idiots(usually the cause is "confirmation bias").

I can agree that Trump has many flaws, and that a lot of the things he says, are pretty dumb. But Trump is not an idiot.

If liberals could understand the difference between IS an idiot, and IS BEING an idiot. I think they could be more persuasive.

For reference think of a "Grammar-Nazi". Bad-spelling and poor grammar is not indicative of stupidity. And when some self-righteous person enters a thread, and attempts to deligimatize the OP by criticizing his spelling, but adding nothing else to the conversation, to me it always just seems petty, and causes me to lose respect for the guy, while being more-sympathetic to the OP.

Grammar-Nazi behavior is the essence of liberal criticism of Donald Trump. I have nothing wrong with someone pointing-out a grammar mistake, but that cannot be their entire argument. Liberals don't really want to discuss what Donald Trump is saying, or the fact that so many people agree with Donald Trump. Because they are spending all their time making fun of him. And it accomplishes nothing.
So-called President requires no help in delegitimizing himself.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:39 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
The old 'Any press is good press (Succès de scandale)' schtick may have worked as a reality show actor however it sure didn't help with impressing his potential financiers for his business schemes.

He needs to update his act, after all, it may've been alright to make these types of claims:

"You know, it really doesn`t matter what (the media) write as long as you've got a young & beautiful piece of a$$." ~Donald Trump

When he was a member of Howard's 'wack pack'.
He sure snuggled up to her at the inauguration events.

Looks like she's "tired of winning."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies