Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 12:54 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times

Advertisements

Good for Rand Paul. How mccain keeps getting elected is beyond me and is a prime example of why we need term limits.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:58 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
And I disagree with that statement, that's all.

I think he does have a beef with Trump (and not because he won an election) but that doesn't negate his comments. Just because I may not like someone doesn't mean I can't be right about what they do that is negative.

It is sort of like that quote: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that people aren't out to get me!! I know that's kind of glib, but you get the message. Just because you dislike someone doesn't mean that everything you think about them is wrong. Certainly, we should all look at McCain's message more critically because he dislikes him.

But I guess it really doesn't matter; Jesus himself could criticize Trump and someone would find a way to make Jesus look bad.
I think I get where you're coming from.

Personally I don't agree with many of Senator McCain's thoughtviews but he has the courage to put Country before Party, I respect him for that.

So-called President has demonstrated he is only capable of putting his own self-interests first no matter the collateral damage to the Country or his so-called Party.

Senator Paul has demonstrated he will put Party first to benefit his own agenda. & encourages others to do the same.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:59 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How is McCain not a liar when Trump never said or even implied that the press is the enemy?
Trump said that the press was the enemy of the american people on Twitter at 1:48 PM on Feb 17
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...08293516632065

Other presidents have made similar claims.
Nixon did (a few times, mostly in private communications). Even Thomas Jefferson did at a point in his presidency.

Former President Reagan said "Every president will try to use the press to his best advantage and to avoid those situations that aren’t to his advantage. The press can take care of itself quite nicely, and a president should be able to take care of himself as well.”

A healthy press makes a healthy presidency.

If he can't handle comments from the press, maybe he shouldn't be in the white house.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:04 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I think I get where you're coming from.

Personally I don't agree with many of Senator McCain's thoughtviews but he has the courage to put Country before Party, I respect him for that.

So-called President has demonstrated he is only capable of putting his own self-interests first no matter the collateral damage to the Country or his so-called Party.

Senator Paul has demonstrated he will put Party first to benefit his own agenda. & encourages others to do the same.
I have to disagree. Rand Paul consistently stands by what he believes no matter who's toes he steps on. Also Rand Paul has never been one to put his Party first. He's barely a Republican, much more a Libertarian like his father, and butts heads with Republicans on a regular basis.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:08 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I have to disagree. Rand Paul consistently stands by what he believes no matter who's toes he steps on. Also Rand Paul has never been one to put his Party first. He's barely a Republican, much more a Libertarian like his father, and butts heads with Republicans on a regular basis.
Overall, from what I have seen, that has been my impression of Rand Paul also. So, if that's his opinion on McCain, that's fine too. We can all disagree. The truth lies somewhere in the middle I think. I happen to agree with McCain that I think Trump is dangerous to the country (and I have a love/dislike relationshi with McCain over the years). I'm not going to dismiss his concerns just because he dislikes Trump. He can dislike him and still have some valid points. History will tell if he's correct.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:14 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Just because McCain has a personal ax to grind with Trump doesn't make him a liar. He's just less likely to keep his mouth shut about his opinion. There are probably a few other Republicans who feel as McCain does but in order to protect their careers, they won't speak out.

So while I agree that McCain has personal issues with Trump, I don't think he's making stuff up. Just no incentive to keep his mouth shut.
McCain shared a ballot with Trump, Had a strong primary challenger who he beat by 10+ points, Same in the general vs a Democrat(he actually out performed Trump.

So not only does McCain not have an upcoming election , he seems to be in a better position regardless. He is free to speak his mind where as others arent.

Jeff Flake was mouthy until he realized Trump would win and then he would be on the ballot in 2018. Im sure there are other republicans who would as well.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:17 PM

52,274 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
In a recent interview Sen Rand Paul ripped into John McCain and says the nation is very lucky McCain never became President. He goes on to say McCain's recent criticisms are because of his "personal dispute" with Trump about foreign policy because McCain supports the wide deployment of U.S. troops. To quote Rand Paul, "Everything that he says about the president is colored by his own personal dispute he's got running with President Trump, and it should be taken with a grain of salt, because John McCain's the guy who's advocated for war everywhere", Paul said on ABC's "This Week."
He goes on to rip McCain about other issues.

Rand Paul: We
Like I posted in another thread, McCain is old, he needs to retire already and go play golf, the guy is a walking corpse practically and I'm not sure if he isn't losing his faculties.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:25 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Overall, from what I have seen, that has been my impression of Rand Paul also. So, if that's his opinion on McCain, that's fine too. We can all disagree. The truth lies somewhere in the middle I think. I happen to agree with McCain that I think Trump is dangerous to the country (and I have a love/dislike relationshi with McCain over the years). I'm not going to dismiss his concerns just because he dislikes Trump. He can dislike him and still have some valid points. History will tell if he's correct.
If you agree, that So-called President is dangerous to the Country, that puts you at odds with Senator Paul's position. Apparently he doesn't want representatives of his Party to be held accountable or investigated. He's a Republican as is his Father.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:29 PM

19,775 posts, read 22,673,762 times
The irony is that Trump is attacking the very institution that he rose to fame and glory upon.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I find that deliciously ironic.

I thinking the last chapter in this whole book may be even better than this- but we shall see...

Old 02-19-2017, 01:29 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
I respect McCain for what he sacrificed for his country, he paid a price no one should have to, far more than a heal spur, but he's just above bat **** crazy at this point, and most likely would order a nuke strike on his neighbors if their dog took a dump in his yard.

We should just set up a cage fight between him and Kim Jong un, winner gets North Korea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies