Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 07:48 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Numerous companies announced expansion due to the economic conditions that are being announced by the Trump administration.
Yeah, that's what you guys keep shouting, but it's crap. Every time y'all post those links, they turn out to be fake news, but none of you ever comprehend that because you would need to read the entire article instead of just the headline. Which none of you seem capable of doing, because you would have to focus your attention on something for more than 4 or 5 seconds, and who has the patience for that?

Every single one of those articles that I've read has made it clear that the expansions had been planned for as long as several years, and in fact in many cases had even been announced several years ago. So when you people make this easily researched claim, you are saying something that is completely false.

Quote:
The myth of Trump supporters being uneducated has been busted long ago, but I wouldn't expect the "low educated" Trump haters to understand that.
No, it's been well-documented many times. And confirmed every time one of you guys post something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 08:14 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Yeah, that's what you guys keep shouting, but it's crap. Every time y'all post those links, they turn out to be fake news, but none of you ever comprehend that because you would need to read the entire article instead of just the headline. Which none of you seem capable of doing, because you would have to focus your attention on something for more than 4 or 5 seconds, and who has the patience for that?

Every single one of those articles that I've read has made it clear that the expansions had been planned for as long as several years, and in fact in many cases had even been announced several years ago. So when you people make this easily researched claim, you are saying something that is completely false.
So you doubt CNN?

What about the companies themselves that announced expansion in anticipation of economic policy from the Trump administration.

I know it suchs that the country has so much more confidence in Trump than it ever had in Obama, but don't stoop to denying the facts to pretend that this isn't true.

Again, even CNN is admitting it, just accept it.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:43 PM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Consumer confidence is at 15 year highs.

Numerous companies announced expansion due to the economic conditions that are being announced by the Trump administration.

We are seeing confidence from both suppliers, and consumers, that we never saw under Obama, that is a fact.

The myth of Trump supporters being uneducated has been busted long ago, but I wouldn't expect the "low educated" Trump haters to understand that.
Nice try bud, but it's pretty obvious you really don't know squat.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...in-four-months

Manufacturing and supply indicators were rising steadily prior to the election, in spite of Trump. If you had any tangible understanding of the economy you wouldn't post such utter rubbish.

God I hate politically bent 'armchair economists'. You really only prove how ill informed you are in such matters. Christ..

Old 02-20-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Nice try bud, but it's pretty obvious you really don't know squat.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...in-four-months

Manufacturing and supply indicators were rising steadily prior to the election, in spite of Trump. If you had any tangible understanding of the economy you wouldn't post such utter rubbish.

God I hate politically bent 'armchair economists'. You really only prove how ill informed you are in such matters. Christ..
Are you denying that consumer confidence is at 15 year highs.

Are you denying that consumer spending is up?

Are you denying that companies announced that they were expanding due to economic policies being called for by Trump?

Old 02-20-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Are you denying that consumer confidence is at 15 year highs.

Are you denying that consumer spending is up?

Are you denying that companies announced that they were expanding due to economic policies being called for by Trump?
I'm flat out, unequivocally telling you that the market indicators PROVE it has s*it to do with Trump, and a lame attempt to correlate increases in corporate spending, investment and consumer confidence with his 30 days in office is blissfully ignorant on the part of the OP.

And I say that with a high degree of confidence give my chosen and practiced profession for over the past 30 years, thanks.

Commander Douche and his F troop did what? Rescue some jobs from Carrier? BFD.

Ford was planning on the plant restructure- ALREADY. Same for most other 'announced jobs'. If you don't believe it- read the companies own reports from their respective CEO's or listen to the interviews on Bloomberg or the WSJ. I know I DO. (Oh wait- WSJ might be one of those 'lying' media outlets, I know, I know..)

Trump devolves the executive branch into a sh*it storm over the past 30 days and somehow produces a golden rose for the economy? What a pant load. You folks are completely and utterly inept or insane. Quite possibly both.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
So you doubt CNN?

What about the companies themselves that announced expansion in anticipation of economic policy from the Trump administration.
What are you talking about, St. Burr? Show me the links to stories about companies expanding because of what they expect Trump's policies to be. Unless there are a couple I haven't seen yet, every single one of them turns out to be expansions or additions that were planned long before Trump was elected.

Quote:
I know it suchs that the country has so much more confidence in Trump than it ever had in Obama, but don't stoop to denying the facts to pretend that this isn't true.

Again, even CNN is admitting it, just accept it.
And again, what are you even talking about? The article in your OP? This is exactly what I mean when I say you guys don't even know how to read your own links. The CNN article clearly does not give Trump credit for the current economy - the article explicitly states that Trump inherited a solid economy from Obama, and expresses guarded hope that he doesn't screw it up.

Quote:
"The economy is better than you think," says Chris Rupkey, chief financial economist at MUFG Union Bank in New York. "President Trump inherited the best economy since President Bush, so let's hope things continue to run smoothly."

You guys don't even know how to read, for god's sake! You take a clearly written article, and twist it into some fantastical alternate reality and pretend it says something completely different.

And then you get all huffy because we don't think Trump voters are very bright.... my god, you couldn't make this stuff up even if you tried!

Old 02-20-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
What are you talking about, St. Burr? Show me the links to stories about companies expanding because of what they expect Trump's policies to be. Unless there are a couple I haven't seen yet, every single one of them turns out to be expansions or additions that were planned long before Trump was elected.

And again, what are you even talking about? The article in your OP? This is exactly what I mean when I say you guys don't even know how to read your own links. The CNN article clearly does not give Trump credit for the current economy - the article explicitly states that Trump inherited a solid economy from Obama, and expresses guarded hope that he doesn't screw it up.

You guys don't even know how to read, for god's sake! You take a clearly written article, and twist it into some fantastical alternate reality and pretend it says something completely different.

And then you get all huffy because we don't think Trump voters are very bright.... my god, you couldn't make this stuff up even if you tried!

Let me directly quote the CNN article for you.

A slew of economic data came out this week. Almost all of it was positive. Americans are still going to stores and spending big (retail sales came in better than expected for January). They're also buying houses. And cars.

On top of that, small and medium-sized business owners are giddy. The NFIB Small Business Optimism Index is at its highest level since 2004.

Heck, even manufacturing has made a pretty big turnaround and looks almost healthy again. The Philly Fed Index, a survey on how well manufacturers are doing, just hit its highest level since 1984.

There's still a belief on Wall Street -- and many parts of Main Street that CNNMoney has recently visited -- that Trump is going to get the economy surging again.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:

A slew of economic data came out this week. Almost all of it was positive. Americans are still going to stores and spending big (retail sales came in better than expected for January). They're also buying houses. And cars.

On top of that, small and medium-sized business owners are giddy. The NFIB Small Business Optimism Index is at its highest level since 2004.

Heck, even manufacturing has made a pretty big turnaround and looks almost healthy again. The Philly Fed Index, a survey on how well manufacturers are doing, just hit its highest level since 1984.

There's still a belief on Wall Street -- and many parts of Main Street that CNNMoney has recently visited -- that Trump is going to get the economy surging again.
https://www.minneapolisfed.org/economy

You can find all the regional data compiling you wish to ever get from the FedReserve. I know- I take part in 2 survey's for our district. Roll-up reports are also available from the FRB website.

Our region was the worst impacted in the country due to slumping oil, which was rebounding prior to the election. Even then- the mark indicators were robust.

Trump had BOO to do with it.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:

You don't need to quote it, I read it several times. And you're just proving my point all over again - you do not know how to read beyond the elementary school level. I'm sorry, but you just don't.

The language in that article does not attempt to demonstrate any connection between economic conditions and "a belief on Wall Street... that Trump is going to get the economy surging again." Those are two isolated and completely independent clauses in the article. There is no attempt made to establish any kind of cause and effect relationship. You are just making up your own reality to fit what you want to believe.

But hey, let's work an exercise here. If you think that's what it's saying, go ahead and break it down. Show me how the article takes the phrase -

Quote:
and attempts to show that the strong economy is a result of them believing that. Other than the fact that they just happen to be consecutive paragraphs.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:37 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Consumer confidence is at 15 year highs.
I concede that Trump has raised consumer, small business, big business, and stock market confidence (in perhaps 50%+ of all the individuals in all those areas.)

Quote:

We are seeing confidence from both suppliers, and consumers, that we never saw under Obama, that is a fact.
And Obama came in announcing "hope and change" (and perhaps 50% of Americans had confidence in Obama bringing "hope and change.")

But do most Americans today feel Obama was successful in bringing "hope and change"? (I would say no.)

All I'm saying is this present 'feeling' of consumer and business confidence was inspired by a new presidents campaign promises, and no actual law was passed to actually improve consumer spending or increase American business.

And perhaps you believe that Trump will fulfill his campaign promise to "Make America Great Again", and all I'm asking is what laws will Trump pass or sign to do it?

Chad.

Last edited by chad3; 02-20-2017 at 11:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies