Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 08:20 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by franniejacks View Post
He is a fake, a fraud.

Day by day his lying promises are exposed.

Other than signing his name on meaningless EO's, he's gotten NOTHING done in Congress.

He is becoming toxic to R's in Congress. They no longer want to be associated with him. They will not risk their necks for him, they never liked him.

The only solution is for Pence to take over...at least for now, the R's in Congress WILL support Pence.

But the longer this fool is in the WH, the more likely even Pence is tainted.

Time for his supporters to pivot to Pence.
Trump still has a strong core of supporters. Hence the rally this weekend. If Republicans change up on him now, they will cry foul and the Republican's carefully crafted coalition will fall apart.

They have to bring these numbnuts along. Help them see the evidence for themselves. It won't be easy because Pence is not exactly a character one can believe in either.

Republicans have a tough row to how here. No wonder so many of them hid out during Trump's press conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 08:21 AM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Has there ever been a President with more executive orders in his first month than President Trump?

Also-
"Jobs have already started to surge. Since my election, Ford announced it will abandon its plans to build a new factory in Mexico, and will instead invest $700 million in Michigan, creating many, many jobs. Fiat Chrysler announced it will invest $1 billion in Ohio and Michigan, creating 2,000 new American jobs. They were with me a week ago. You know you were here. General Motors likewise committed to invest billions of dollars in its American manufacturing operation, keeping many jobs here that were going to leave. And if I didn't get elected, believe me, they would have left. And these jobs and these things that I'm announcing would never have come here. Intel just announced that it will move ahead with a new plant in Arizona that probably was never going to move ahead with. And that will result in at least 10,000 American jobs. Walmart announced it will create 10,000 jobs in the United States just this year because of our various plans and initiatives. There will be many, many more, many more, these are a few that we're naming."

Also, Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu-
"I’ve known the President and I’ve known his family and his team for a long time, and there is no greater supporter of the Jewish people and the Jewish state than President Donald Trump."

Nobody works harder and gives more to America than President Trump.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:36 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
I agree with the OP even though I'm not a supporter of his. I'm a supporter of the country though and like stable, focused leaders.

I wouldn't have a problem with the lowering of taxes. I also don't have an issue with focusing on deporting illegal immigrants. I did have an issue with him doing the "ban" think on Muslims from those nations because IMO it was unnecessary and ridiculous considering illegal immigrants are not "vetted" in any way at all versus those who are refugees, but that is a whole other subject.

I find it odd that many of his supporters think he has done anything at all. IMO he hasn't done anything and honestly I don't expect him to do much in a month.

People saying he has "saved jobs" is silly IMO. He hasn't saved any jobs. He hasn't cut any taxes. He hasn't built any wall (which is another stupid thing IMO). All he has done is signed paper and that is it and Tweet on Twitter. He needs to be working on getting his people in place and with Congress on issues related to ACA and working on decreasing taxes like the OP stated.

Instead he's whining and giving ridiculous press conferences and lying a lot. I am honestly beginning to think he has mental problems. A friend of mine who has adult ADHD felt that Trump was ADHD and needed some adderall during the election season lol.

Trump still having "rallies" and speaking about "winning" and "ratings" and other stupid stuff when he's the president is just ridiculous to me.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:42 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
"Jobs have already started to surge. Since my election, Ford announced it will abandon its plans to build a new factory in Mexico.
Ford is still planning to build the cars in Mexico and is not bringing those jobs back to the US.
Despite Trump, Ford moves ahead with plans for Mexico plants - Feb. 17, 2017

Old 02-20-2017, 09:33 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Ford is still planning to build the cars in Mexico and is not bringing those jobs back to the US.
Despite Trump, Ford moves ahead with plans for Mexico plants - Feb. 17, 2017
Oh, no.

So the only thing Trump and the Republicans have actually accomplished this first month (aside from installing some swindlers as cabinet members), is changing the rules so that coal companies can dump toxic wastes into streams, oil companies can bribe foreign dictators in secret, and financial advisors aren't required to act in their clients' best interests ("fiduciary rule").

On the minus side, :roll eyes: the Muslim travel ban fiasco got slapped down in court. Supposedly, a new and improved version will be unveiled this week. Trump's National Security advisor left under a cloud of suspicion and he's been unable to find a sane person to take his place.

Not sure which category to put the rambling press conference or the odd campaign rally.

Remains to be seen how the ICE raids will turn out.

Forward ever.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 02-20-2017 at 10:35 AM..

Old 02-20-2017, 09:56 AM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
^ The court did not remove a HUGE aspect of Trump's immigration policy- the number of immigrants accepted per year (50,000 per year).
Already this year 35,000 have been accepted, and that means Trump is only required to accept 15,000 for the remainder of the year.
Obama accepted 100,000 immigrants last year.
So President Trump won, despite the courts decision.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:27 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Obama left him such a mess it's hard to figure out where to start .

He seems to be making pretty good progress far considering he has been in office just one month .
you really believe that? that sir campaign rhetoric for the 8 yrs he wants to rule--

Old 02-20-2017, 02:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Time for his supporters to pivot to Pence .. that's funny .
Considering Pence has taken the first steps to throwing Trump under the bus....it's accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies