Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 08:32 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
I've noticed she always has the same facial expression ..like Kim K.

Melania Trump Has Nailed The Same Facial Expression In Every Photo For 17 Years | The Huffington Post
I like the ones where she appears just a little bit drunk...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 09:45 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
I don't know what it is about her, but she has more power over the audience than any other woman in America.
Its not just because she's married to the most famous man in world history.
She has even more power in her speeches than Ivanka, and Ivanka is a future President.
Wow! And the sad part is you believe that nonsense.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:48 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Wow! And the sad part is you believe that nonsense.
I'd put Mia Love right in there with the bunch.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:16 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'd put Mia Love right in there with the bunch.
Actually I have no problem with Mia, at least she has some actual experience.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:31 AM

10,760 posts, read 4,346,172 times
In the interview just after the election, Melania described herself as being very strong.
I agree, I think the word STRONG is the first word that comes to mind when I see her speaking.
She is a great role model for women because she doesn't try to play the victim when people are trying to destroy her.
And she has been mocked continuously.
I've seen very loud and brash women, and when people speak rudely about them they crumble and play the victim.
Melania Trump is quiet, confident, classy and STRONG.
She can take anything, it would appear.
Is she the best woman in America?
Maybe.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:34 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
In the interview just after the election, Melania described herself as being very strong.
I agree, I think the word STRONG is the first word that comes to mind when I see her speaking.
She is a great role model for women because she doesn't try to play the victim when people are trying to destroy her.
And she has been mocked continuously.
Other than idiots on social media who has mocked her.

Every First Family has been mocked, attacked, etc. from idiots of the opposition.

She doesn't get it any worse than anybody else.

Why are Republicans in victim mode so much right now?

Old 03-02-2017, 06:44 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
I would say she appears to be gracious and forgiving while she overlooks the slights that have been directed at her and her son, yet stays on her course. Social media, tv comedians, and the press have gone where they shouldn't. I admit her Eastern European accent is grating and she seems shy but there is no reason she can't grow in her role.

Looking back, Michelle Obama started off with naysayers but her children were not attacked. I did not care for her choice in clothing but through time I got used to it or she softened her look. Or both. She seemed to be sincere, although political, and I can't argue with her platform of eating and living healthily. Some people probably kept on the negative until the bitter end, but I think most warmed up to her as time went by.

So hopefully Melania will grow in her role in time and that most people warm up to her as well.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:52 AM

10,760 posts, read 4,346,172 times
I think the Eastern European accent is crucial, because it makes every word she says a lot more interesting than Michelle Obama etc.
The accent alone makes her the most unique First Lady ever, even before we get to her one-of-a-kind humble approach.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:44 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
I don't think you realize how many people are talking about President Trump every day. There has never been a person with this much attention on him, ever. And we're in the early stages of his 8 years in the White House.
I repeat, you must be very ignorant to make such a statement. I assure you that far more people were talking about, for instance, Hitler - with whom Trump has much in common.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:43 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
I think the Eastern European accent is crucial, because it makes every word she says a lot more interesting than Michelle Obama etc.
The accent alone makes her the most unique First Lady ever, even before we get to her one-of-a-kind humble approach.
Yes, she is unique among First Ladies. Only one who has posed in the nude for girlie magazines!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies