Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2017, 08:25 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times

Advertisements

It's fun watching libs get their knickers all twisted up about this. They hate the state of Israel, despise Bibi, yet lecture everyone on anti-Semitism.

It's hard to take you people seriously. Especially bashing Trump for his supposed anti-Semitism. Your hatred for the president has caused libs to lose all common sense.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:29 AM

89,007 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Once again, very simply, disagreeing with the actions of a nation IS NOT the same as hatred of the practitioners of a particular religion and has NOTHING to do with why a nation was founded.
You're ignoring the historical facts of WHY the Nation State of Israel was created. Why? Because you won't admit Obama (and many liberals/Dems) is an anti-Semite and promoted anti-Semitism in the US?

Answer the questions...

WHY would Obama side with anti-Semitic countries? HOW is a US President promoting anti-Semitism good for the US?

Old 02-21-2017, 08:29 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Not all anti-Zionists are anti-Semites.

However the line is in many cases very thin. Many Arab countries make little distinction (e.g. the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion is required reading in many school programs). Also for those seeking a convenient cover for their anti-Semitic views where better to hide then amongst the so-called ‘progressive’ anti-Zionists.

I support both Israel and Palestine, but I don't believe Netanyahu has done anything wrong. Historically speaking, Jews were simply different from the majority of people and they had no country on their own. It was therefore easy to accuse them of treachery, disloyalty and blaming them for everything.

I don't either, I think he does what he believes best for Israel. But I also don't think it makes an American an anti-Semite if they don't believe falling in lock-step with Netanyahu isn't the best thing for America.

And I think it unrealistic for people who write a book proclaiming themselves 'God's chosen people' to expect to be treated no differently than anyone else when they themselves proclaim themselves to be different than anyone else.

Last edited by burdell; 02-21-2017 at 08:37 AM..

Old 02-21-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
It's fun watching libs get their knickers all twisted up about this. They hate the state of Israel, despise Bibi, yet lecture everyone on anti-Semitism.

It's hard to take you people seriously. Especially bashing Trump for his supposed anti-Semitism. Your hatred for the president has caused libs to lose all common sense.
Libs have backed themselves into a corner on this, and most people are wise to their lies.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:32 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
I don't either, I think he does what he believes best for Israel. But I also don't think it makes an American an anti-Semite if they don't believing falling in lock-step with Netanyahu isn't the best thing for America.

And I think it unrealistic for people who write a book proclaiming themselves 'God's chosen people' to expect to be treated no differently than anyone else when they themselves proclaim themselves to be different than anyone else.
Trump was asked specifically whether he supported a two-state outcome – in which Palestinians would have a state of their own alongside Israel – or a one-state solution combining the two.

"I like the one that both parties like," Trump said. "I'm very happy with the one that both parties like. I could live with either one."

bold is really the best solution for everybody.

People seem to have reasons to dislike Trump. But anti-semitism? Come on. Trump is not anti-semitic, saying so seems baseless in my opinion.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You're ignoring the historical facts of WHY the Nation State of Israel was created. Why? Because you won't admit Obama (and many liberals/Dems) is an anti-Semite and promoted anti-Semitism in the US?

Answer the questions...

WHY would Obama side with anti-Semitic countries? HOW is a US President promoting anti-Semitism good for the US?

To answer that question you'd first have to justify it by proving Obama did anything but what he believed best for the US. You apparently suffer the belief that 'what's best for Israel is best for the US' which I flatly reject.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Trump was asked specifically whether he supported a two-state outcome – in which Palestinians would have a state of their own alongside Israel – or a one-state solution combining the two.

"I like the one that both parties like," Trump said. "I'm very happy with the one that both parties like. I could live with either one."

bold is really the best solution for everybody.

People seem to have reasons to dislike Trump. But anti-semitism? Come on. Trump is not anti-semitic, saying so seems baseless in my opinion.
I've never said Trump was an anti-Semite. I dislike him because I grew up in the NYC area and have watched him for 35+ years and came to the opinion he simply isn't a trustworthy man.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
To answer that question you'd first have to justify it by proving Obama did anything but what he believed best for the US.
HOW is siding with anti-Semitic countries at the UN and promoting anti-Semitism in the US "best for the US?"

Do tell...

Old 02-21-2017, 08:38 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Once again, very simply, disagreeing with the actions of a nation IS NOT the same as hatred of the practitioners of a particular religion and has NOTHING to do with why a nation was founded. IF they're one and the same as you allege, WHY do 100% of Israeli Jews NOT support Netanyahu's actions?
Perhaps the difference in opinion is between sectarian and non-sectarian Jews, much like the difference in opinion between left and right here in this country.

Each group is bound to see it differently. Netanyahu's re-election is a stunning poll-defying feat and is notable. It was much like what happened here. The people spoke. They wanted change. Their primary concern is security, economy and strong leadership. Doesn't that reflect what we wanted too? Security, jobs, enforcement of the rule of law ( all of which are impossible without strong leadership). In fact, Obama told law enforcement in certain instances to "look the other way" and ignore the law; look at the resulting chaos.

"It was a stunning turnabout from the last pre-election polls...Mr. Netanyahu embarked on a last-minute scorched-earth campaign, promising that no Palestinian state would be established as long as he remained in office and insulting Arab citizens."

“I am proud of the Israeli people that, in the moment of truth, knew how to separate between what’s important or what’s not and to stand up for what’s important,” Zionist leader Herzog told an exuberant crowd at Likud’s election party at the Tel Aviv Fairgrounds. “For the most important thing for all of us, which is real security, social economy and strong leadership.”

Mr. Herzog called the election “an incredible achievement.” He said he had formed a negotiating team and still hoped to lead “a real social government in Israel” that “aspires to peace with our neighbors.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/18/w...rzog.html?_r=0

Note -- they aspire to peace with the neighbors. They cannot have peace as long as Palestinian goal is to wipe them off the face of the earth.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Libs have backed themselves into a corner on this, and most people are wise to their lies.
If so, and I don't believe it is, it's a comfortable corner of believing the POTUS owes allegiance to the interests of the US first and foremost. I know that's maybe uncomfortable for the 'Israel does no wrong' crowd but you'll get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies