Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 09:27 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,080,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Good. I'm glad he finally said something.

He was talking to the leftists.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:30 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,663,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I hope the MSM covers it non-stop.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:33 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,988,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Judaism is both an ethnicity and a religion. You can be Jewish ethnically (see: cultural Jews) but not follow the Jewish faith. I consider myself a Jewish agnostic, but still go to synagogue, participate in the ritual, and plan on raising my children in a synagogue. Judaism is passed down through the mother so even if you never practice, if your mother is Jewish then you are Jewish.

Trump should be speaking out since the wave of antisemitism currently rising in the US is led by his supporters. Instead, at a press conference, he doubled down on a Jewish reporter by not addressing his question and instead insisting that he's not an antisemite. To the Jews of the country, that showed just how much he's toeing the antisemitism line.
Trump has already disavowed the Alt right movement. Trump does not support the Alt Right. Also Trump just denounced Anti Semitic attacks as of recently. The thing is this, race relations have gotten worse thanks to the decline of wages of Americans, while some others saw their income gains. Small groups such as Jews, Wasps, Asians saw income gains. When economy does not work well for some, others will begin to capitalize on hate and violence and envy. Trump has to denounce such attacks because for one, he has Jews in his family and inner circle, two he is a supporter of Israel, three he has plenty of Jewish friends back in NYC. Trump does need to do a better job with healing the nation. In order to do so, income gains must be improved for all Americans of races, creeds. But such improvements can take years. Even though I'm a supporter of populism, we as a people need to be cautious of hate. Also we need to watch out for alt right, but also alt left who is just as anti sematic and anti Zionist as the alt right or even worse. Overall we are in trying times as a country and we all must remain vigilant. Steve Bannon needs to be fired though!

Trump denounces wave of anti-Semitism - Business Insider

Old 02-21-2017, 09:38 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,988,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Not all anti-Zionists are anti-Semites.

However the line is in many cases very thin. Many Arab countries make little distinction (e.g. the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion is required reading in many school programs). Also for those seeking a convenient cover for their anti-Semitic views where better to hide then amongst the so-called ‘progressive’ anti-Zionists.

I support both Israel and Palestine, but I don't believe Netanyahu has done anything wrong. Historically speaking, Jews were simply different from the majority of people and they had no country on their own. It was therefore easy to accuse them of treachery, disloyalty and blaming them for everything.
Anti Zionists and Anti Semites are two different things.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:42 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,167,969 times
Quote:
So, he thinks the "leftists" are anti-semites?

Well, I guess I should be glad he even said something at all?

I guess I should go read it and try to decipher his meaning.

ETA: Nope. He denounced anti-Semitism and racism. Just because MSNBC was reporting it, that's no indication that he meant it as a special message for all those evil, antisemitic, racist, lefties.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:04 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,083,971 times
Quote:
White Supremacists are comprised of Liberals and Progressives? That's an new one.

Or are you inferring that he just said these things to appease people on the left?

Old 02-21-2017, 10:12 AM

7,819 posts, read 4,546,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
He finally got the memo.

Good.
Yeah, he showed all the conviction of a guy that had a piece of paper shoved in front of his face to cold read a statement...

Old 02-21-2017, 10:13 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,083,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Yeah, he showed all the conviction of a guy that had a piece of paper shoved in front of his face to cold read a statement...
Yup, that was about it.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:51 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,122,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
It's fun watching libs get their knickers all twisted up about this. They hate the state of Israel, despise Bibi, yet lecture everyone on anti-Semitism.

It's hard to take you people seriously. Especially bashing Trump for his supposed anti-Semitism. Your hatred for the president has caused libs to lose all common sense.
Oh God! Here we go with the faux overwrought love for the State of Israel that is totally unrequited.

Old 02-21-2017, 11:20 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,663,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
He can't do anything right, according to you (all). Just like Obama couldn't do anything right according to...well, you know the rest.

No matter who is in office, he's going to be wrong all the time in the eyes of about half the people.

That's (political) life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.