Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 09:43 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
As a Seattleite, I believe coastal liberals just pretty much ignore the heartland flyover country as insignificant and actually wish the country was both coasts and Hawaii. They are frustrated that despite the liberal mentality of the media, Hollywood, DC and the government world, and Wall Street, they still lost to the flyover hillbillies.

I'm a Libertarian/Conservative in a liberal environment and I am careful about discussing political matters at work as I know I'm in a very small minority in supporting DT. As a Contrarian thinker, I think hearing the dismissive hatred of the Left just strengthens me to combat them. But at the end of the day, I really would love a unifier which I can't see any way DT can be so I'll have to settle with correcting the mistakes of Obama.
Trump came to fix nothing with the exception of his fixing things to line his pockets. And it was pathetic that so many Liberals stayed home on election day and allowed that bloviated swindler to get anywhere near The Oval Office.

And who's going to fix this ****....

Trump Signs Bill Allowing Big Coal to Pollute Streams
https://www.nrdc.org/media/2017/170216

Last edited by sickofnyc; 02-20-2017 at 09:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 09:48 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Trump came to fix nothing with the exception of his fixing things to line his pockets. And it was pathetic that so many liberals stayed home on election day and allowed that bloviated swindler to get anywhere near The Oval Office
It is pathetic; I completely agree. IMO if Democrats allow him to be re-elected, they deserve it but I will vote against him and all Republicans just as I did this time. The positive is, he's been here a month and I flinch just hearing his voice. He can't get enough attention, he absolutely is addicted to the attention and hopefully after three years, the reaction to Trump will be similar to PTSD. We will see what voters do next time and how motivated Democrats are after this. It's interesting the Pence seems to be trying to calm our allies. Makes one wonder. But there's no doubt that flyover country will be just as worshipful of Trump as ever.

Last edited by Seacove; 02-20-2017 at 10:01 PM..

Old 02-20-2017, 09:57 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It is pathetic; I completely agree. IMO if Democrats allow him to be re-elected, they deserve it but I will vote against him and all Republicans just as I did this time. The positive is, he's been here a month and I flinch just hearing his voice. He can't get enough attention, he absolutely is addicted to the attention and hopefully after three years, the reaction to Trump will be similar to PTSD. We will see what voters do next time and how motivated Democrats are after this. It's interesting the Pence seems to be trying to calm our allies. Make one wonder. But there's no doubt that flyover country will be just as worshipful of Trump as ever.
I was not a Clinton supporter, but I recognized the emergency of keeping this self-centered snake oil salesman low-life out of the highest office in the land. I found it amazing that others did not act upon the urgency and stayed home or voted 3rd party in protest. Maybe they will now learn the hard way.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:10 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
No one disputes this. The coasts feel the same way about flyover country. This is not news. We just need to find a way not to fund them. We want our tax dollars benefiting us, not red states.
Agreed. I am getting tired of carrying these whining fly over states. They are mostly broke, and depend on blue monies to make up their shortfall. Maybe it is time we just tell the federal gov to keep their money and we will keep ours...

Old 02-20-2017, 10:15 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerlee666 View Post
Republicans blame rich coastal elites for all that is wrong with this country.........so they elect a rich, coastal elite as President to fix that.
Nope. Liberals blame anyone who makes more than they do for all that is wrong with this country, when those who they vote for tend to fall be 1% 'ers.

Doesn't matter where they live.

Go figure.

Could have elected a rich coastal elite in to the WH, who hailed from Arkansas....

Want to run for a state senate seat? Move your elite behind in to a $1M + house in Chappaqua, NY and pretend you grew up in the NE.

After, of course, you are asked to return all that you stole from the White House.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Nope. Liberals blame anyone who makes more than they do for all that is wrong with this country, when those who they vote for tend to fall be 1% 'ers.

Doesn't matter where they live.

Go figure.

Could have elected a rich coastal elite in to the WH, who hailed from Arkansas....

Want to run for a state senate seat? Move your elite behind in to a $1M + house in Chappaqua, NY and pretend you grew up in the NE.

After, of course, you are asked to return all that you stole from the White House.
She's from Illinois.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:53 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
She's from Illinois.
Conservatives aren't known for honesty, or their actual debating skills. They are known for ad hominem attacks and strawmen

Old 02-20-2017, 11:02 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
I know many Heartland Republicans and several of them are already sick of Trump's act. My closest work buddy (Republican, Trump voter) told me "I wanted change, but I didn't want crazy".

Obama won the Heartland by going out and actually talking with people there. Trump paid attention to Middle America, as did Bernie. Hillary took them for granted, which is why she lost.

The OP assumes everyone in Middle America is Republican and can't think for themselves. Same way Reagan and Trump were able to turn Democrats in the Heartland, the next Democratic nominee can do the same (like Obama and Bill Clinton) if they make them feel like their problems matter.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:10 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
And lost by 3 million votes.
I see you still haven't learned how our POTUS election works.

Quote:
By all means, no one wants to take the married couple at Wal-Mart from the heartland. They should stay where they are and be happy. They should buy a house with PITI less expensive than a bunk bed.
Those trailer dwellers are the worst, especially Warren Buffet. Poor white trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
middle america elected a billionaire from NY because??
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I was not a Clinton supporter, but I recognized the emergency of keeping this self-centered snake oil salesman low-life out of the highest office in the land. I found it amazing that others did not act upon the urgency and stayed home or voted 3rd party in protest. Maybe they will now learn the hard way.
And many people recognized they had the choice between the lying criminal Hillary and an egomaniac promising them what they wanted.

I skipped the POTUS race, but the greater evil was Hillary.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:53 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
And Seattle has 3.1%, but also has Puget Sound, whales and incredible beauty. Why would I want to go to Iowa when I have that???
And rain, drizzle and fog nine months out of twelve. You can have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies