Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 10:29 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,124,732 times

Advertisements

I'm not a fan of Trump but I gotta admit he IS actually making America great again. Just look at the progress made since the election:

1. Unprecedented levels of ongoing civic engagement.
2. Millions of Americans now know who their state and federal representatives are without having to google.
3. Millions of Americans are exercising more. They're holding signs and marching every week.
4. Alec Baldwin is great again. Everyone's forgotten he's kind of a jerk.
5. The Postal Service is enjoying the influx cash due to stamps purchased by millions of people for letter and postcard campaigns.
6. Likewise, the pharmaceutical industry is enjoying record growth in sales of anti-depressants.
7. Millions of Americans now know how to call their elected officials and know exactly what to say to be effective.
8. Footage of town hall meetings is now entertaining.
9. Tens of millions of people are now correctly spelling words like emoluments, narcissist, fascist, misogynist, holocaust and cognitive dissonance.
10. Everyone knows more about the rise of Hitler than they did last year.
11. Everyone knows more about legislation, branches of power and how checks and balances work.
12. Marginalized groups are experiencing a surge in white allies.
13. White people in record numbers have just learned that racism is not dead. (See #6)
14. White people in record numbers also finally understand that Obamacare IS the Affordable Care Act.
15. Stephen Colbert's "Late Night" finally gained the elusive #1 spot in late night talk shows.
16. "Mike Pence" has donated millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood since Nov. 9th.
17. Melissa FREAKING McCarthy.
18. Travel ban protesters put $24 million into ACLU coffers in just 48 hours, enabling them to hire 200 more attorneys. Lawyers are now heroes.
19. As people seek veracity in their news sources, respected news outlets are happily reporting a substantial increase in subscriptions, a boon to a struggling industry vital to our democracy.
20. Live streaming court cases and congressional sessions are now as popular as the Kardashians.
21. Massive cleanup of facebook friend lists.
22. People are reading classic literature again. Sales of George Orwell's "1984" increased by 10,000% after the inauguration. (Yes, that is true. 10,000%. 9th grade Lit teachers all over the country are now rock stars.)
23. More than ever before, Americans are aware that education is important. Like, super important.
24. Now, more than anytime in history, everyone believes that anyone can be President. Seriously, anyone.

Note: this list was compiled from Susan Keller from all over social media...

Last edited by kimchee; 02-20-2017 at 11:03 PM..

Old 02-20-2017, 10:34 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Yeah!

America is (and was already) great. No need for the "again".

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 02-20-2017 at 10:50 PM..

Old 02-20-2017, 10:42 PM

Oh trust me, I know, this is just for the Trumpsters...

Old 02-20-2017, 10:49 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times
I agree with the above, but you should probably give credit to whom originally wrote it.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:49 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Oh trust me, I know, this is just for the Trumpsters...
Sorry, I didn't clarify, I was agreeing with you.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I agree with the above, but you should probably give credit to whom originally wrote it.
Honestly, I would like to give that credit but I don't know who originally wrote it, according to another site I visited, the list was compiled by a Susan Keller.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:03 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
That's a good one! We definitely have learned a lot and some things we had never even imagined.

If someone had told me a year ago that a Leninist would be the closest adviser to the President of the United States, I would have thought they were nuts. But you learn something new every day.

People reading books like 1984--not as a fantasy so much as to get a deeper understanding of today's reality. The whole administration seems like a science fiction book.

The funniest one was "Mike Pence" has donated to Planned Parenthood.
It's good to see a bit of humor in the face of these mean spirited people who seen to have no desire other then to hurt people and destroy what has made America great.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:03 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Sorry, but I can not fully agree.

I never forgot that Alec Baldwin is a total jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If someone had told me a year ago that a Leninist would be the closest adviser to the President of the United States, I would have thought they were nuts. But you learn something new every day.
Worse than that - a Bakuninist.

And Trump doesn't even know what that means. I guarantee you he has never heard the name in his life. He probably thinks it's that guy in the Beatles song who shot it out with Daniel in that South Dakota saloon. Our own President doesn't even know who is running the country.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:09 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,212 times
Quote:
I'm not a fan of Trump but I gotta admit he IS actually making America great again. Just look at the progress made since the election:
I guess no child left behind forgot one, lol.

But seriously folks, here's the truth the OP doesn't want you to know:

JUMPSTARTING JOB CREATION: President Trump is looking out for American workers that Washington has left behind.
  • President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum ordering the United States to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiations and agreement.
  • President Trump hosted the CEO of Intel to announce Intel’s plan to invest $7 billion in a United States factory that will create 10,000 American jobs.
  • President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum to clear roadblocks to construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
  • President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum declaring that the Dakota Access Pipeline serves the national interest and initiating the process to complete construction.
  • President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum ordering that all new pipeline construction and repair work use materials and equipment from the United States.
  • President Trump signed legislation, House Joint Resolution 38, to block the burdensome “Stream Protection Rule” from causing further harm to the coal industry.
  • President Trump signed legislation, House Joint Resolution 41, to eliminate a costly regulation that threatened to put domestic extraction companies and their employees at an unfair disadvantage.

SAVING TAXPAYERS MONEY: President Trump is fighting to save Americans’ hard-earned tax dollars.
  • After negotiations with Lockheed Martin, President Trump saved Americans $700 million on a new batch of F-35 fighters.
  • Secretary of Defense Mattis has ordered a cost-cutting review of Boeing’s next-generation Air Force One fleet, after President Trump was able to cap the cost at millions below that which was agreed to by the Obama administration.
RESTORING PUBLIC SAFETY: President Trump will work to reduce the threats of crime and illegal immigration to public safety.
  • President Trump signed an Executive Order to enhance the safety and security of the United States by, among other things, constructing a wall on the southern border.
  • President Trump signed an Executive Order to make sure Federal immigration laws are faithfully enforced throughout the country and that Americans’ tax dollars do not go to jurisdictions that obstruct the enforcement of immigration laws.
  • President Trump signed an Executive Order that directs the Attorney General to develop a strategy to more effectively prosecute people who engage in crimes against law enforcement officers.
  • President Trump signed an Executive Order that establishes a task force, led by the new Attorney General, to reduce crime and restore public safety in communities across America.
  • President Trump signed an Executive Order that re-focuses the Federal Government’s energy and resources on dismantling transnational criminal organizations, such as drug cartels.
GETTING GOVERNMENT OUT OF THE WAY: President Trump understands that excessive regulations stifle job-creation and harm our businesses.
  • President Trump signed an Executive Order instructing Federal agencies “to minimize the burden” of the Affordable Care Act.
  • President Trump has required that for every new Federal regulation, two existing regulations be eliminated.
  • President Trump directed the Commerce Department to streamline Federal permitting processes for domestic manufacturing and to reduce regulatory burdens on domestic manufacturers.
  • President Trump signed an Executive Order expediting the environmental review and approval processes for domestic infrastructure projects.
AN AMERICA FIRST FOREIGN POLICY: The President’s first priority is the safety and security of the American people.
  • Under President Trump’s leadership, the Department of the Treasury sanctioned 25 entities and individuals involved in Iran’s ballistic missile program.
  • President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum directing the Secretary of Defense to work with other cabinet members to develop a plan to defeat ISIS.
  • President Trump has called or met with more than 30 foreign leaders.
DRAINING THE SWAMP: President Trump has taken action to ensure that all members of his Administration are working for the American people.
  • President Trump signed an Executive Order establishing new ethics commitments for all Executive branch appointees, putting in place a five-year lobbying ban and a permanent ban on lobbying for foreign governments, so appointees serve the American people instead of their own interests.
  • President Trump put in place a hiring freeze for Federal civilian employees to stop the growth of a bloated government.
KEEPING HIS PROMISE TO DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION: President Trump promised a Supreme Court justice in the mold of late justice Antonin Scalia.
  • President Trump nominated Judge Neil M. Gorsuch to the Supreme Court because of his consistent record defending the Constitution.
HELPING WOMEN SUCCEED IN BUSINESS: President Trump knows the country cannot reach its potential unless every American has a chance to prosper.
  • President Trump and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau launched the United States-Canada Council for Advancement of Women Entrepreneurs and Business Leaders.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...merican-people

Old 02-20-2017, 11:09 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:

24. Now, more than anytime in history, everyone believes that anyone can be President. Seriously, anyone.
Well, everyone except Hillary Clinton....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies