Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 07:40 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The rest of the world is only disturbed because us being the doormat to the rest of the world is ending. It is fairly easy to transport one's sour grapes outside the country, they have books on the subject.

I understand Obama has a "shadow" government behind the scenes, perhaps they could seek that out.

So, I never got an invitation from the Obama's, we didn't hang out together, but some how, I should expect to be hanging out at a country club with Trump. I have no idea what you are trying to say.
You never had a beer with Obama? tsk...tsk... maybe they're expecting you to have a meltdown, along with the rest of us.

Good idea to refer them to the shadow government. It's real, and very active, and just down the street from the WH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
They scream about Trump not getting anything done, then CHEER the Dims full obstructionism!

Its impossible to make the haters happy. Their lives have been reduced to furiously pounding their keyboards to spew out digital hate. Thats all they got left, LOL.
View it as 'therapy'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 07:40 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Wait, do people actually think that the "NotMyPresident" crowd genuinely believes that he's not president? Really?

It's a trendy catch phrase, no different than LoveTrumpsHate. It means nothing and the people saying it likely don't even believe it's true.

They totally know he's the president.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Wait, do people actually think that the "NotMyPresident" crowd genuinely believes that he's not president? Really?

It's a trendy catch phrase, no different than LoveTrumpsHate. It means nothing and the people saying it likely don't even believe it's true.

They totally know he's the president.
Yes they do, but they have trouble accepting reality. They are deeply troubled.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:43 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Yes they do, but they have trouble accepting reality. They are deeply troubled.
I wasn't actually asking a question. Literally everyone knows he's the president. It's why they're pissed. The not my president thing is just a slogan. It's not meant to be a statement of fact.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:44 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I mean, if he's not their president, why do they even care what Trump does? They should concern themselves with their president, whoever that is.
Exactly! The answer is - demonstrating, setting fires, whining, crying, complaining, kicking and screaming are Looney Liberal traits! They can't help themselves, as those traits come natural to them if they don't get their way.

Meanwhile, we Trump supporters are approaching each day with happiness and admiration for our President. Every day, it gets better and better! I was hoping President Trump would keep his word, and he's done even more than I anticipated! Of course, he has a great manual to go by...."The Art of the Deal" !!!
After 8 years of quietly enduring the Obamas, the sun is finally shining again!

Old 02-21-2017, 07:45 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I mean, if he's not their president, why do they even care what Trump does? They should concern themselves with their president, whoever that is.
Kind of a ridiculous post isn't it? It's our country too. Maybe some conservatives are on an election high now but let's wait and see how Trump handles himself. I'm not impressed so far. Just curious though if he is going to investigate the hacking he denies happened or will he just keep blaming Fake News? Not impressed with the concessions he made to the coal industry where he is going to lift the restrictions of dumping the coal ash in the rivers and streams. Not good. You conservatives have to live on this planet too. Don't you care about the water you recreate in? Well, just hope we all make it 4 years without Trump having to use the nuclear codes.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:43 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

So, I never got an invitation from the Obama's, we didn't hang out together, but some how, I should expect to be hanging out at a country club with Trump. I have no idea what you are trying to say.
Don't expect to see any people on the street taking selfies with this president while he stops off for ice cream or a sandwich at a local spot. But you guys claim he is of the people? This is a president who likes walls… all around him.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:49 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I'm not sure whose president Trump is. It doesn't even bother the people who voted for him that he conducts a lot of government business in a place that would be very unwelcoming to them, nor can they afford a membership anyway. He invites them to join him in an airplane hanger to bow down to him, but don't hold your breath waiting for him to allow 9000 people to join him at Mar-a-lago.
I must have missed the 'bowing down' part of that meeting. Can you pinpoint the exact time that happened in the video so I can go and see for myself? Was it a similar 'bow down' to that which might have occurred in front of a fake Greek temple a few years back? Or more like when someone was seen and photographed bowing their head in front of several world leaders in the past 8 years?

Old 02-21-2017, 08:52 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Because he's THE President of the country in which I reside.

Just because I don't claim him as "mine," per se, I do recognize that he is (for now) in that position and as such, I am within my rights to hold him accountable, to complain about his behavior and his words... pretty much anything like that because that's part of what we all, as US citizens, are entitled to do.

Kind of like when people complained about Obama... or Bush... or Clinton... or any other president.

Yeah. Like that.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Because he's THE President of the country in which I reside.

Just because I don't claim him as "mine," per se, I do recognize that he is (for now) in that position and as such, I am within my rights to hold him accountable, to complain about his behavior and his words... pretty much anything like that because that's part of what we all, as US citizens, are entitled to do.

Kind of like when people complained about Obama... or Bush... or Clinton... or any other president.

Yeah. Like that.
Yeah. I agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies