Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 05:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
But, as just about everything else does today, it apparently scares the everliving crappola out of Americans.
Um...CONSERVATIVE Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 05:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
That is sex, not gender
Your gender is your sex.

Only some whacked liberals think otherwise.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:08 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Case in point.
Yeah, it is just SO off the rails insane to think as long as nobody is being harmed or coerced, to just live and let live. Clearly I should be locked up immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhead View Post
So you would have no probem if your son comes home wearing a girl's skirt?.Going out to a restaurant with the family and your skirt wearing son comes along as well.Going to a football game he is wearing a girl's skirt.If you have no problem with that i must be living in a parallel universe.Good luck.
Have a great time in your parallel universe. I love my children unconditionally. I want them to be themselves, be happy, and be bright, kind human beings. What gender of person they are attracted to or what clothes they wear are about the least important things I can think of. Anyone who has a problem with that, well, it says a hell of a lot more about them than my children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Why are you being bigoted and a bully?
Well, you know, I'm just an a-hole I suppose, what with not caring about forcing people to live and behave the way I think they should. It's terrible of me, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
What's troubling about this madness...
It's "madness?" It's as old as humanity. Somehow we've managed to survive.

Quote:
...our previous administration wanted this crisis to happen and for it to dispirit teens and kids.
Ummm...what "crisis?" How did the previous administration want this to happen, and why? And why do you care? What are you so obviously very, very afraid of?

The only reason it would be dispiriting to a kid, I'd think, is to encounter hateful, fearful, ignorant bigotry.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:19 PM

11,155 posts, read 7,950,508 times
No worries... unless his legs and butt look better than mine do in a skirt.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:33 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Um...CONSERVATIVE Americans.
I stand corrected, but more properly, I should have said "some" Americans.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:40 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I stand corrected, but more properly, I should have said "some" Americans.
The trump lemmings are without question the most cowardly bunch of people ever to have disgraced the world's stage.

They are afraid of everyone--liberals, LGBT people, intellectuals, secularists, strong women, brown people, the media, scientists...it's oddly.paranoid.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:45 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Your gender is your sex.

Only some whacked liberals think otherwise.
Uggh, gender is a social construct, sex is genetic/physical.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:47 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,650,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
I am a conservative & I dont care how people choose to dress up. Men in Scotland wear skirts. Something that is taboo here is acceptable somewhere else & vice versa. I draw the line when your personal choices are physically hurting people. Managing fragile emotions is upto the individual. Grow a beard, wear a head scarf, get a tattoo, go all goth, get piercings, pray at work, shave your eyebrows........I dont care as long as you are a good person & earning an honest living.
I love it! I'm a liberal and I think it's kind of weird. I think people should dress appropriately. When I was a kid we girls had to wear skirts to school and no one cared if we practically froze to death in winter. That was mean. But wearing anything you want? No. Get real. This is school. Kids behave better and learn better when they are properly dressed. The weird mode of dress only serves to distract. (from my experience as a teacher.) Stop pampering them and get them ready for the real world because some day they'll be grown up and school is preparation for that.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:15 PM

19,491 posts, read 9,523,271 times
An equal opportunity skirt lifting experience on the school bus?

Old 02-22-2017, 02:07 AM

27,116 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Stuff like this is harmful because it's removing all the foundation from beneath out feet. Nothing is real, everything is made up, in the moment personal gratification is all that matters, and the more outlandish the better.

I think this sums up the state of our world today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies