Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2017, 12:32 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
I proved that the valuation provided by the market has no relationship to one's skill.

If the market wants something, people need to have the right skills to be paid period, however this does not mean other skills are completely useless if they cannot be marketable.
I agree some skills are useless. Not sure what that point is.

I also agree that some people do not have any marketable skills. If you want to talk about those people, let's talk.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpier015 View Post
Ok, I got a good chuckle out of this one.
Because you can't justify your use of violence, can you?

Old 02-22-2017, 12:34 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,812,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I agree some skills are useless. Not sure what that point is.

I also agree that some people do not have any marketable skills. If you want to talk about those people, let's talk.
The point is, because you can put a dollar value on some things and not others does not make some given skill useless.

It's useless to the economic system because it's not needed to make products. Same as manufacturing. Is it useless? Because right now the economic system is demanding more engineers to build robots and AI to replace humans with it. Does it make manufacturing worthless?

Old 02-22-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
If the right to life depends on being paid some x amount of money to buy food and clothing, then wages are NOT voluntary. Still don't see your point.

You think of taxes as robbery. Do you also see insurance as robbery too? Because that's essentially what it is.
I do not think all taxations are robbery.

I think minimum wage law is a robbery.

Insurance is not a robbery as it's completely voluntary.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:35 PM

1,023 posts, read 911,778 times
Quote:
You need to justify your rape first before people can answer how many times being raped is OK.

Why in your mind is OK to violently force other people to pay you a certain wage? Please justify your use of violence.
If you had actually read my previous post you would see that I already answered your question. In my mind it is similar to any other type of regulation, por ejemplo: seat belts and speed regulations. You, on the other hand, refuse to answer my question and retort by using rape out of context. Its odd.

2,940 posts, read 1,812,343 times
Quote:
I do not think all taxations are robbery.

I think minimum wage law is a robbery.

Insurance is not a robbery as it's completely voluntary.
Insurance is NOT voluntary in the case of property and auto (and as long as the ACA holds, health).

If you think minimum wage is robbery, then you think some people do not have the right to life. Completely wrong sir.

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Yes because the market does not care about morals. No where does it say in capitalism, please pay people livable wages. Capitalism is about profits over everything else regardless if people die or whatever. That's why there's an artificial wage floor, to add morality into the equation.
Who's the arbiter of "morality?" One person's "morality" may be the abuse or exploitation of another person. Much like the heinous crime and subsequent cover-up in the UK driven by the "political correctness" that many thought was "moral."

Rotherham whistleblower explains why sex abuse ring was covered up - Telegraph

Old 02-22-2017, 12:36 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
The Left things every thing is free without worry.

The burden of Liberal social programs id the middle class gets stuck with the bill.

In the end what ever the program it cost more than projected.

Can you say ACA?

Quote:
The point is, because you can put a dollar value on some things and not others does not make some given skill useless.

It's useless to the economic system because it's not needed to make products. Same as manufacturing. Is it useless? Because right now the economic system is demanding more engineers to build robots and AI to replace humans with it. Does it make manufacturing worthless?
If you can't put a dollar value one something, it is worthless.

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Funny how Trump supporters like the idea of no minimum wage. Its a dream scenario for employers who will push their puppets in Congress to flood the country with people from the third world to work those $1 an hour jobs.
1. open your eyes

no-one is saying no minimum wage...what is being said is one size does not fit all...there should NOT be a FEDERAL min wage...min wage should be set at the state or local areas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies