Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 07:03 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,577,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Yes it is. What you're really asking is why conservatives don't want to give anything away. Why don't liberals want to earn what they have?
Again, conflating education or healthcare with a mansion or a Ferrari is just stupid. Plus, society benefits from smart healthy people.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:03 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,504,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I want humans to be able to succeed or fail of their own accord using free minds in free markets with as little government meddling as possible. I want humans to earn what they have and keep what they earn to the greatest extent possible.
Well.....that is until the robots take over. Correct?

Old 02-21-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
It takes a village to have an Idiot.
Don't talk about yourself that way lol

Old 02-21-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"Why don't conservatives want anybody to have anything?"

I can only speak for myself, but I'd like for you to have things. Really nice things, perhaps even own your own small business. If you would like a prosperous future, it would be in your best interest to support leaders who lean right.
Laughs. The right wants to reverse Robin Hood, take from the working people and give to the plutocrats. The flat tax is a great example of it. Sounds good on paper till you actually look into it. Flat tax would cripple the working poor, while the wealthy would pay so little that you would have too little revenue as well as economic stagnation

Old 02-21-2017, 07:09 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post

Why do people ask stupid questions here?
You win the Internet.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:13 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,022,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Don't talk about yourself that way lol
Hey I found you out Mr.millionaires child .

Old 02-21-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
You win the Internet.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:20 PM

52,671 posts, read 47,914,010 times
Conservatives do want people to have the best of everything, but we must, as a nation and as individuals, be self-reliant. I have to go out and earn my pay by working. That is what other people must do, too, in order to survive and support himself or herself, whoever it may be. And what's wrong with making more money than somebody else? Nothing. That's a fact of life. People who didn't earn a living shouldn't even get a paycheck. They have to go out and earn it themselves.

After eight years of watching liberals (and one particular hard-left communist) put severe limits on how much hard-working Americans make, we should be glad that President Trump wants all Americans to have the freedom to choose what job they want, where they can go, and how much they can make, let alone even so much as having opportunities for work. That's the American way!

Old 02-21-2017, 07:22 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,831,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I'm not against it because I believe in a certain level of redistribution. Not totally communistic, but enough to at least get people educated and get them healthcare, which helps society as a whole.
When your views start with 'not totally communistic' you've already lost the argument in my opinion.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:26 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,726,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
The OP paints everyone with a broad brush. I am a conservative voter. I see no problem with using taxes for things we all use like roads, public school system for children, etc. I also am very much for helping the helpless, but not the clueless. Having a severely disabled son I know the difference. I know most of the takers aren't helpless and I see that as the problem along with those that think everyone's college and health care should be free. It isn't realistic. There isn't enough of other peoples money to make everything free. Doesn't that make sense?
I would agree with this with one exception. Change clueless to those who just take advantage. Many people game the system and take advantage. This could be fixed fairly easy with stricter rules in place. I don't think money should be given for nothing.

P.S. I am not a conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.