Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 10:39 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I will put a ballpark percentage, just my opinion. 95% of men would love this.

Put me in the 5%. I don't whine about it , but their is no guarantee you will actually be interested. Do you imagine they will all be bikini models? Hell, I even dialed it down a few times with those who could have been because not crazy is a requirement. When I was hit on it was not what I would consider serendipitous much of the time. I had to more or less hint I was not interested. I didn't get a thrill from awkward situations. It wasn't just walking down the street , typically but when I noticed someone I was not interested in was interested in me, it was the last thing I wanted. As long as its not persistent, who cares?

Anyway this feminist BS was debunked at the time by this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75aX9mlipiY

And feminist lesbians are as loathsome as any BTW.

Straight WNBA star: Lesbian culture broke my spirit | New York Post
There is a “very, very harmful” culture running throughout the WNBA, she says, which saw her get bullied during her eight-year career because she is heterosexual.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:42 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
put me in the 5%. I don't whine about it , but their is no guarantee you will actually be interested. Do you imagine they will all be bikini models? Hell, i even dialed it down a few times with those who could have been because not crazy is a requirement. When i was hit on it was not what i would consider serendipitous much of the time. I had to more or less hint i was not interested. I didn't get a thrill from awkward situations. It wasn't just walking down the street , typically but when i noticed someone i was not interested in was interested in me, it was the last thing i wanted. As long as its not persistent, who cares?

Anyway this feminist bs was debunked at the time by this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ax9mlipiy

and feminist lesbians are as loathsome as any btw.

straight wnba star: Lesbian culture broke my spirit | new york post
there is a “very, very harmful” culture running throughout the wnba, she says, which saw her get bullied during her eight-year career because she is heterosexual.

LOL
You do know this is not the same, don't you?

Old 02-22-2017, 10:52 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Put me in the 5%. I don't whine about it , but their is no guarantee you will actually be interested. Do you imagine they will all be bikini models? Hell, I even dialed it down a few times with those who could have been because not crazy is a requirement. When I was hit on it was not what I would consider serendipitous much of the time. I had to more or less hint I was not interested. I didn't get a thrill from awkward situations. It wasn't just walking down the street , typically but when I noticed someone I was not interested in was interested in me, it was the last thing I wanted. As long as its not persistent, who cares?

Anyway this feminist BS was debunked at the time by this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75aX9mlipiY

And feminist lesbians are as loathsome as any BTW.

Straight WNBA star: Lesbian culture broke my spirit | New York Post
There is a “very, very harmful” culture running throughout the WNBA, she says, which saw her get bullied during her eight-year career because she is heterosexual.

That bullying has occurred towards gay people in many other circumstances. Country clubs. Work. Neighborhood associations. School.

It doesn't make it right in either circumstance. But it's funny to see turnabout get complained about so quickly.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:56 AM

8,695 posts, read 11,081,311 times
is this political? or just controversy?

Old 02-22-2017, 11:01 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Oh yeah, unless, its someone they don't like than appearance is everything......don't act as if feminist don't make fun of others, they're actually really good at it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKPusRALbJQ

Old 02-22-2017, 11:02 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
is this political? or just controversy?
I think the controversy is that some men think women should be grateful for any attention they get.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:06 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I really think women should start catcalling to men so they know how it feels. It feels like you are a piece of meat and it feels like a violation of your personal space and the right to walk down a street without hearing lewd remarks.

It is not minor.
I really think GAY men should start treating straight men the way some straight men treat women on the street.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:08 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm just curious.....picking no position, I'm just curious.....men are thinking it whether or not they express it. Does that make you less uncomfortable?
I don't care what you think. Thinking does not impose itself upon my day, it does not demand a response, and thinking in and of itself is not threatening. So go ahead, think whatever you like.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:08 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
She could be walking down the street in a bad neighborhood naked and that does not give anyone the right to say a word.

Her manner of dress or conduct does not permit anyone else behavior.

Remember Lady Godiva's protest.
That is not the point, pay attention.

She manufactured her response.

Again, if a white guy walks into a black neighborhood with a T shirt that says something racist, is it right he is attacked physically, verbally abused, etc..?

No, it is not right, but that does not justify the persons action of doing such as their action of such was SEEKING an antagonistic response.

Go seeking trouble and you will most certainly find it. That is all her video showed.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:11 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Geez, the catcalling shown in the OP tape is tame compare to some of the stuff I heard when I was young. And believe me, I sure wasn't "hot" - I was just young and female. I lived and worked in a tough neighborhood in Baltimore, MD and had to walk by a firehouse everyday to get to work and heard all kinds of "suggestions" from the firemen on a daily basis. I also got catcalled by police, bar patrons, and various neighborhood residents. Man, those guys were creative! I sure wasn't "flattered" by the attention I received; it was downright embarrassing and humiliating to have guys say graphic things to and about me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies