Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 12:52 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The White House is barring counselor Kellyanne Conway from television appearances after the high-profile aide made multiple on-air statements contradicting the Trump administration’s official stance, CNN reported Wednesday.

Conway, who was recently a regular fixture on TV news, hasn’t appeared for an on-air interview since early last week. That Monday, she argued that then-national security adviser Michael Flynn had the “full confidence” of President Trump.
Report: Conway sidelined after going 'off message' | TheHill

Not that I've been exactly "missing" her, but this does help explain why she hasn't been seen. I hope Trump and Bannon don't have any bunnies they are particularly fond of....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 01:06 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Not that I've been exactly "missing" her, ....
she says she has an interview tonight on FOX.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:07 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:

Not that I've been exactly "missing" her, but this does help explain why she hasn't been seen. I hope Trump and Bannon don't have any bunnies they are particularly fond of....
Well it's about time. Maybe Trump is starting to wise up, given this and the appointment of Gen. McMaster. Now if he dumps Bannon and Sessions and Spicer and stops using Twitter he might start getting somewhere. I know, it's just a dream, but anything is possible.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:09 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
The word came out last week on Morning Joe. She lied so often that they refused to book her on air. They felt she was no longer in the room during discussions. She continued to call and request air time.

Other outlets followed, so WH is finally catching up.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:13 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The word came out last week on Morning Joe. She lied so often that they refused to book her on air. They felt she was no longer in the room during discussions. She continued to call and request air time.

Conway is no longer a credible source of information. The game now is to catch her in a lie.

With everything swirling around, ain't nobody got time for that.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:17 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

That was my understanding also, that Ms. Conway was given rather free access to the various stations, at her request, until her 'alternative facts' became untenable.

Of course, I feel sympathy for her, on one level. She would explain the White House's position on some subject, only to be directly contradicted by the President or Spicer or whomever just hours later. So, even when she thought she was accurately explaining the White House position, the rug would be pulled out from under her.

I will say this: if ever I am caught in a compromising position, with bloody bodies laying all about me, axe in hand, my first call will be to her to explain away the circumstance.

Kellyanne: "Mr. Legalsea is the victim in this. He was simply trying to kill a pesky fly, when these fourteen people insisted on stepping in front of his axe, some multiple times. It is all due to the extreme policies put forth by PETA."

Then, I will run for office.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:25 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:

Another wheel falling off.

Stand by for her to step forward to tell Americans the truth about what happens behind those closed doors in WH.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:31 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
That was my understanding also, that Ms. Conway was given rather free access to the various stations, at her request, until her 'alternative facts' became untenable.

Of course, I feel sympathy for her, on one level. She would explain the White House's position on some subject, only to be directly contradicted by the President or Spicer or whomever just hours later. So, even when she thought she was accurately explaining the White House position, the rug would be pulled out from under her.

I will say this: if ever I am caught in a compromising position, with bloody bodies laying all about me, axe in hand, my first call will be to her to explain away the circumstance.

Kellyanne: "Mr. Legalsea is the victim in this. He was simply trying to kill a pesky fly, when these fourteen people insisted on stepping in front of his axe, some multiple times. It is all due to the extreme policies put forth by PETA."

Then, I will run for office.
Or, God forbid, the folks in the administration start telling the truth, and then they don't have to worry about keeping their stories straight. Oh wait, what the hell am I thinking.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:12 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:

Oh my g-d...maybe they should have called you to give an update about what is going on! I guess you missed the call

Old 02-22-2017, 02:46 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Who would have thought that anyone would have become too disingenuous to keep a place on Trump's staff? Maybe his policy is, "I'm the chief liar around here! You are only allowed to repeat my falsehoods! No one challenges my position as No. 1 on anything!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies