Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump's order on transgender bathrooms hurt him or lose him supporters?
yes 26 10.20%
no 229 89.80%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 07:43 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,008,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Yeah, women having rights is about nazism of course... if you're a mysogynist. One thing I have learned is that party doesn't matter. Both sides are as bad as the other in too many ways.
No, feminazis are a particular man-hating breed of feminist. They actually don't hate men, they hate themselves. But through projection they externalize that self-hatred. They are usually collectivist-leftist in their politics, and also usually hate America and individualism and achievement from either sex. Lack of physical attractiveness, and hypervigilance on this deficiency is often, but not always, associated with this disorder.

Feminazis usually hate Christians and the Christian right. But NOT on this issue. They are like peas in a pod with respect to being against the absurd idea of a man arbitrarily determining that he is a woman, contravening reality and sanity.

Illustrating once again that even a broken clock is occasionally correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 08:05 AM

1,640 posts, read 791,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
No, feminazis are a particular man-hating breed of feminist. They actually don't hate men, they hate themselves. But through projection they externalize that self-hatred. They are usually collectivist-leftist in their politics, and also usually hate America and individualism and achievement from either sex. Lack of physical attractiveness is often, but not always, associated with this disorder.

Feminazis usually hate Christians and the Christian right. But NOT on this issue. They are like peas in a pod on being against the absurd idea of a man determining that he is a woman, contravening reality and sanity.

Illustrating once again that even a broken clock is occasionally correct.
Do you actually know and have relationships with these women you are referring to? If not, how can you know what is in the heart and mind of another in the way of your priorities? You are the one being pretty negative here likely about people you don't even know. Anyhow, this all sounds like talking points from a bad facebook meme and it's irrelevant to the point, which is about women's rights to privacy.

With that said, as far as some people on the left agreeing with some on the right goes- my attitude at this point is that it's every wo/man for him/herself and there is little that can be done. If the right wants to drill and frack themselves into earth quakes, dismantle public education, etc it is what it is as long as it's not in my back yard. If the left wants to essentially beat the sexist drum as it has over the past year, well, they can go and shoot themselves in the foot. I'll do my best to take advantage of right wing policies as they present themselves to position my family as best I can.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:13 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,819,762 times
Quote:
Stop caring who uses what bathroom? How about this...we have women's bathrooms and unisex bathrooms. No more mens bathrooms. Problem solved. You're over it? good.
How about we just get rid of sexed bathrooms and have individual rooms? Everyone wins.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:18 AM

1,640 posts, read 791,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
How about we just get rid of sexed bathrooms and have individual rooms? Everyone wins.
I think individual bathrooms would be great, but I suspect there would be space issues. And when you start getting into locker rooms is where the greater issues arise. My idea wouldn't work there either. Seems that there needs to be three options, not two.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:33 AM

88,800 posts, read 44,610,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
No, feminazis are a particular man-hating breed of feminist. They actually don't hate men, they hate themselves. But through projection they externalize that self-hatred. They are usually collectivist-leftist in their politics, and also usually hate America and individualism and achievement from either sex. Lack of physical attractiveness, and hypervigilance on this deficiency is often, but not always, associated with this disorder.
That may be how you feel... But what about any of that dictates that girls/women should have to unwillingly submit to the exposure of male genitalia, or girls/women should have to unwillingly submit to anatomical males viewing them partially dressed or naked just because any anatomical male "wants" that?

Old 03-01-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
I think individual bathrooms would be great, but I suspect there would be space issues. And when you start getting into locker rooms is where the greater issues arise. My idea wouldn't work there either. Seems that there needs to be three options, not two.
Which would still cause space issues sadly.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That may be how you feel... But what about any of that dictates that girls/women should have to unwillingly submit to the exposure of male genitalia, or girls/women should have to unwillingly submit to anatomical males viewing them partially dressed or naked just because any anatomical male "wants" that?
You act like they wave their genitalia at the women and that it is some deviant behavior, it's a mental condition of being born in the wrong physical body based on the way the brain is wired. We aren't talking costume parties here.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:57 AM

4,771 posts, read 3,278,895 times
Quote:
I believe schools that have openly trans students are finding was to accommodate. Some have single use bathrooms, some allow the use of faculty restrooms. Schools have partitioned off sections of locker-rooms and some will allow the usage of non partitioned locker-rooms under supervision once they are deemed empty.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:13 AM

88,800 posts, read 44,610,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You act like they wave their genitalia at the women and that it is some deviant behavior, it's a mental condition of being born in the wrong physical body based on the way the brain is wired. We aren't talking costume parties here.
We ARE talking about the fact that exposing opposite sex genitalia to an unwilling person does in fact qualify as sexual intimidation/harassment. It's in every HR Manual. It's in every college/university publication enumerating what is considered sexual intimidation/harassment on campus.

You tell me how girls/women and anatomically male transgenders who claim to be female are supposed to shower together without girls/women having to submit to the unwanted exposure of the anatomical male's genitalia.

And just so you don't think this is a one way street...

MALE university students complained about a F to M but still anatomically female transgender using the men's locker/shower rooms on campus. The result: The transgender was expelled for doing so, and Federal Court upheld the expulsion.

Quote:
"Federal Judge Kim R. Gibson dismissed Johnston's suit, saying that his transgender status was not covered by either the Constitution's equal-protection clause or Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, which bars sex discrimination by institutions receiving federal funds.

With regard to the equal-protection clause, Gibson writes that transgender status is not a "suspect class" under equal-protection review, so that Pitt can prevail as long as it shows a "rational basis" for its actions. The university "explained that its policy is based on the need to ensure the privacy of its students to disrobe and shower outside of the presence of members of the opposite sex. This justification has been repeatedly upheld by courts," Gibson writes."
Federal Judge denies the discrimination claim of a transgender expelled from Pitt over locker room use - Inside Higher Ed

Old 03-01-2017, 09:23 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,019,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I believe schools that have openly trans students are finding was to accommodate. Some have single use bathrooms, some allow the use of faculty restrooms. Schools have partitioned off sections of locker-rooms and some will allow the usage of non partitioned locker-rooms under supervision once they are deemed empty.
I think, they should delegate this to schools. School ISD's are pretty good in accommodating needs of students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies