Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump's order on transgender bathrooms hurt him or lose him supporters?
yes 26 10.20%
no 229 89.80%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 07:31 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times

Advertisements

No, it will help him. In spite of all the screeching from the left-wing media, the vast majority of Americans are actually normal. They actually see something wrong with allowing adult men to use the same shower rooms, locker rooms, changing rooms and bathrooms as little girls. Normal people are actually bright enough to realize that this action does nothing but enable sexual predators. And unlike liberals, most normal people want women and children protected from sexual predators. Lets face it, there are a whole lot more predators than trannies that exploit these laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 07:31 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Bathroom bills...

The GOP's proudest accomplishment.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:33 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
The people who support him do not generally give a damn either way about transgender rights, so I don't think he'll lose any of them.
LOL and great point. As for the bathroom thing, using it takes 5 minutes or less. When I go, I rarely even notice who is in there with me, and I'm pretty sure others are the same way. People go in to take care of a bodily function and leave. Even at gym showers and the like, it's the same scenario. People are there for a specific purpose; to clean their bodies, and it's not trolling for their next date. What a waste of time this legislation is.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:34 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
The transgender bathroom thing to me was ridiculous. Who is going to question a person going into a bathroom why they are there unless the person clearly looks like a man and walks into a women's bathroom or the other way around.

To me it was an Obama creation of a problem and not an important issue that should affect millions of people.

The left was good at creating issues but now we have a President who shows how to deal with things that aren't issues and not important enough to affect millions of people for the benefit of a few.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:42 AM

89,011 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Some thoughts:

People don't tend to have communal showers in locker rooms anymore.
Seriously? Go to any large public school. Go to the NYC Park District facility noted in the TIME Magazine article.

You're flat out wrong about that.

Quote:
Transwomen aren't men.
They have penises and testicles. They're anatomical males.

Furthermore, there is no proof whatsoever required. That anatomical male showering naked with minor girls could be gay, transgender, straight, or sex offender. No one can question his presence in the girls'/women's facilities.

Look, when even liberalland NYers have a problem with it, you're going to have to admit that LGBT SJWs and their Dem politician supporters are on the wrong side of the issue.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:44 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It's a Boogeyman argument. They don't like transgender people, think that gender dysphoria doesn't exist and that these people are making a choice, and that they should just play the cards they're dealt
There are only 3 possible genders.

Male, Female, or in rare cases...... Hermaphrodite.

Everything else is in your head.

But let's not pretend that this is about where people pee..

This is about the Left trying to latch onto yet another cause to try to normalize their idea of morality.

Trying to force yet another issue into the mainstream that the majority of people don't see as "normal".

Old 02-23-2017, 07:44 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
This is one issue where I think even SJW's aren't making a big fuss about. I know some super liberal women who have issues with people with a male organ being let into the women's bathroom because of the creep factor, so...

Old 02-23-2017, 07:46 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
No, it will help him. In spite of all the screeching from the left-wing media, the vast majority of Americans are actually normal. They actually see something wrong with allowing adult men to use the same shower rooms, locker rooms, changing rooms and bathrooms as little girls. Normal people are actually bright enough to realize that this action does nothing but enable sexual predators. And unlike liberals, most normal people want women and children protected from sexual predators. Lets face it, there are a whole lot more predators than trannies that exploit these laws.
Curiosity question for you.

What happens when someone has gone through gender reassignment surgery wants to use the facilities?

Do they magically become better people once they have the right body parts?

That's what I'm not sure I get about the hoopla over this.

Do these alleged "perverts" become "not perverts" when they have what looks like the right exterior plumbing?

Because you can still molest people regardless of external genitalia, no?

Old 02-23-2017, 07:46 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
I also voted "no".

I generally agree that President Obama's wide interpretation of 'sex' under Title IX (if I have the number right) seemed unwarranted. At the time the law was written, no one really was thinking of the transgender issue, and so it would not have been supposed as being covered by the word 'sex'.

It also seems that an issue that is being blown way out of proportion. Here in Texas (as well as most states) we actually never had a law prohibiting people of whatever gender from entering the restrooms of the opposite gender. Now, some are just now 'discovering' this fact, and believe that men, for instance, will immediately rush to enter women's rooms. Of course, evil men had done so in the past, for purposes of rape or voyeurism, which itself is against the law.

I have frequently seen women (at rock concerts back in the day) enter the men's room, due to the long lines at their (fewer) restrooms. I had no trouble with that, for they had to wait to enter a stall.

I will note this: if you have a male that identifies as a woman, he will, upon entering the woman's room, naturally go into the stall, for that is all that is available.

Conversely, a woman may identify as a man, and so enter the men's restroom. Again, the stall is the only realistic option for this person.

I doubt that today's youth in school care about this issue. They are growing up recognizing that some people simply feel that they were 'born in the wrong body' (as I used to hear even back in the 1970s).

Regardless, I agree with the sentiment that Congress may amend the Act to include sexual identification. Of course, that seems unlikely, so the issue necessarily must be settled by the states (unless the Supreme Court intervenes, which I also deem unlikely; since Trump's administration rescinded Obama's order, then the Court, in its upcoming case about the transgender Virginia youth, will probably simply send the case back to the lower court).

Old 02-23-2017, 07:47 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
This is one issue where I think even SJW's aren't making a big fuss about. I know some super liberal women who have issues with people with a male organ being let into the women's bathroom because of the creep factor, so...
Women's bathrooms have stalls. How often do you reckon these women have used the restroom with someone who had a penis and not even realized it?

I'd say more often than they think.

And, yet... unless they've been attacked in a restroom, why are they worried?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies