Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2017, 05:52 AM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Building a wall and hiring thousands more border patrol will cut down on illegal drugs
NO!-- meth is made at home and when you do stop imported drugs they will make them in their basements-
garages, and woodsheds! There are a few people using synthetic home made Heroin- it's called- Krokodil, not to include GHB, Purple Drank, jenkem, crunk, paco, few more -and every colored pill you can think of that pharma puts out - please do NOT blame the Mexicans for our drug use.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:58 AM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
What else would a leftist say.

The democrats today are leftist commie nut jobs
ran out of argument and started name calling--

Old 02-24-2017, 06:03 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How do you know how they got here? Maybe they flew in from Honduras, and now we just dump them in Mexico.

Again, this is the stupidest plan even invented. Before you know it, we have every country unloading their criminals in US. Or we might see Mexico not allowing us to deport anyone there. They can refuse to take any, even Mexicans, What do you do then?
How dumb is it to not have not had secured borders?

All we are seeing here is the result of years of negligence by previous administrations.

People that don't see the glaring problem have their heads in the clouds.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:20 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
How dumb is it to not have not had secured borders?

All we are seeing here is the result of years of negligence by previous administrations.

People that don't see the glaring problem have their heads in the clouds.
It may be a glaring problem for some, and not such a glaring problem for others. Polls indicate that most Americans don't even want the wall.

Personally, I don't care if there is a wall or not. If Mexico sends the money to build it, then fine, build it. If not, I'd rather see the money used on something else.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:23 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-24-2017, 06:31 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Once Americans start showing up for, construction, hotel and service sectors jobs demanding $15.00-20.00 per hour someone will tell Trump to back off and let them stay in the US.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:35 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It may be a glaring problem for some, and not such a glaring problem for others. Polls indicate that most Americans don't even want the wall.

Personally, I don't care if there is a wall or not. If Mexico sends the money to build it, then fine, build it. If not, I'd rather see the money used on something else.
It'll be nothing short of an incredibly expensive boondoggle.

You just know that local real estate/environmental lawyers are going to love the uptick in litigation RE nuisance, trespass and especially takings/eminent domain and the Endangered Species Act (there are jaguars that have held up copper mining ventures near Tucson for years). It's not even cost considered by the Admin in their estimate. And then there are natural barriers like rivers AND T'hono O'odham Nation. this could turn into an incredibly expensive project taking years past Trump's admin. Just stupid.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:40 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Once Americans start showing up for, construction, hotel and service sectors jobs demanding $15.00-20.00 per hour someone will tell Trump to back off and let them stay in the US.
This is so much crap. There are plenty of people out of work that need jobs. Employers just don't want to give a lot of people a chance. I refuse to believe there are not enough American workers to fill these jobs. There were plenty willing to do them before the mass influx of immigrants.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:40 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
I don't understand? Why are people so upset that we are enforcing EXISTING immigration laws?

Now, dumping all illegals into Mexico isn't the NICEST thing to do. But, it's also not very NICE of Mexico to do what they've been doing for decades - which is to look the other way (or even FACILITATE) people from the poorest parts of their country and Central America to cross illegally into the United States.

So... why they bitching?

Old 02-24-2017, 06:42 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
This is so much crap. There are plenty of people out of work that need jobs. Employers just don't want to give a lot of people a chance. I refuse to believe there are not enough American workers to fill these jobs. There were plenty willing to do them before the mass influx of immigrants.
It's been discussed in another thread, but these employers don't WANT the American counterparts.

I was once a Chef, I've worked in kitchens we wanted to hire Mexicans. The Mexicans were more dependable and did a LOT less drugs than their White/Black counterparts, they are a lot less drama too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I don't understand? Why are people so upset that we are enforcing EXISTING immigration laws?

Now, dumping all illegals into Mexico isn't the NICEST thing to do. But, it's also not very NICE of Mexico to do what they've been doing for decades - which is to look the other way (or even FACILITATE) people from the poorest parts of their country and Central America to cross illegally into the United States.

So... why they bitching?
Because not all of them came through Mexico. . .

That would be like dumping criminals on another nation, just because. If we go through with this hair-brained idea, why shouldn't they do the EXACT same things? Just open the jails up and dump them into the U.S.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies