Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 09:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
When an ID is required it will eliminate illegal aliens from attending that have a conviction as they can be picked up and deported and make a requirement that the meeting is only for constituents.

All others trying to get in under false pretenses should be arrested.

Or simply stop having a town hall meeting and the congressmen and women will have the night off

Like we saw before the elections, bus after bus, are being brought in, from out of this representatives districts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 09:55 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Like we saw before the elections, bus after bus, are being brought in, from out of this representatives districts.
Prove it

Old 02-23-2017, 09:56 AM

36,503 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
When an ID is required it will eliminate illegal aliens from attending that have a conviction as they can be picked up and deported and make a requirement that the meeting is only for constituents.

Or simply stop having a town hall meeting and the congressmen and women will have the night off
But requiring someone to show an ID is racist and will burden the elderly and minorities.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:57 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So funny and entertaining that most Pub congressmen are hiding from their constituents.

The party of accountability.

I love it. They are pulling a Trump-they can't handle all the angry voters, and now there are a LOT

Old 02-23-2017, 10:01 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,022 times
Quote:

You know what is wrong with this idea?

EVERY member of Congress also represents all Americans, constituents or not.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:05 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,896,161 times
Quote:
State doesn't mean County or was it the Governor holding a town hall meeting? Was it their ID or someone else's. Was it checked or just a false ID held up in the air!

We all know about Democrats and fake ID's
Senator - so state is valid. These were their drivers licenses and state ids that were used to vote. None of my friends have fake ids. We are not teenagers who would need them to buy booze. I am 71 years old and never used a fake id in my life. I have lived in New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Louisiana and Texas and had valid drivers licenses in each state that had my address on them.

Most of those involved now are not people who need fake ids. We are not going away. We are challenging our senators and representatives to listen to us.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:09 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,887,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I.D. is a good idea.

If you aren't living in the area, you don't get to come protest and disrupt and thus deprive those that do live in the area from having their opportunity to speak to their Gov't rep.
How about if you ARE living in the area and do have an i.d.? Can you come and protest then?

Question #2: Are you familiar with the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States? It has a couple of things to say about freedom of speech and freedom of assembly. That's why I carried my copy with me to Lawrenceburg, Ky a few days ago, just in case Mitch McConnell or some of his supporters needed to see it.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:10 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,022 times
Quote:
State doesn't mean County or was it the Governor holding a town hall meeting? Was it their ID or someone else's. Was it checked or just a false ID held up in the air!

We all know about Democrats and fake ID's
How do we know you're an American?

Papers please!

(see where this is going?)

Old 02-23-2017, 10:12 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,256,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So funny and entertaining that most Pub congressmen are hiding from their constituents.
That is "constituents." You can trace their lineage to Occupy Wallstreet, Berkeley protests and airport riots. No normal people talks like that. And before you say they are just like the tea party, they are nothing of the sort. Tea party were Republicans protesting Republican congressmen. Here you have activist Democrats protesting Republicans. Surprised?

Old 02-23-2017, 10:13 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Tables have turned
Indeed. The Patriotic Tea Party Activists do not like their own methods applied, and isn't that just a bleeding shame?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies