Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 11:21 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,148,227 times

Advertisements

Yes, everyone must show their 'documents' these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 11:21 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,607,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Yeah, all those white haired men with pattern baldness at the town halls are just crazy kids being paid by Soros to be professional agitators.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:24 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,329,629 times
But then it be racist because poor uneducated national born citizens could not attend

Old 02-23-2017, 11:25 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,803,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I have an idea, and it's one that worked well many years ago, so it's time-testetd!

Why not make the protestors, outsiders, rabble-rousers, snowflakes, whatever you want to call 'em, wear a special, easily seen insignia??

It could be, oh, I don't know, sort of school bus yellow, so it would stand out easily and you could spot 'em.

And it could be a star! Not like the stars on the American flag, another icon I hear they've stolen and are using, though - I know, how about a star with six sides??

Yeah, that would be a great idea. Let's give it a try!

Old 02-23-2017, 11:26 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,758,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
That is "constituents." You can trace their lineage to Occupy Wallstreet, Berkeley protests and airport riots. No normal people talks like that. And before you say they are just like the tea party, they are nothing of the sort. Tea party were Republicans protesting Republican congressmen. Here you have activist Democrats protesting Republicans. Surprised?
No they disrupted Democratic congressmen as well.

Town Hall Protests -- Democrats Echo 2009 Tea Party Protests | National Review

Quote:
In that summer of the Tea Party, conservative activists packed the town-hall meetings of Democratic congressmen and peppered them with hostile questions. It was an early sign of the abiding opposition that Obamacare would encounter, and the prelude to Democratic defeats in 2010, 2014, and 2016.
5 Memorable Moments When Town Hall Meetings Turned To Rage : It's All Politics : NPR

Quote:
At one particularly hostile town hall meeting in Lebanon, Pa., a man in the audience rose to shout that then-Sen. Arlen Specter, D-Pa., was "trampling on our constitutional rights" and that someday God would judge Specter and his fellow "cronies on the Hill." The veteran senator left the meeting after being shoved and booed by other audience members. "We've just had a demonstration of democracy," Specter quipped uncomfortably before moving on to another question.
Quote:
At the beginning of a rowdy forum hosted by Rep. John Dingell, D-Mich., Mike Sola pushed his wheelchair-bound son up to the podium where Dingell stood and began to yell, "I'm his father and I want to talk to you face to face."
Quote:
Rep. David Scott, D-Ga., made headlines that summer when he responded angrily to a man in the audience who confronted him about the health care bill at a meeting designed to discuss a controversial highway plan. "What you've got to understand is, those of you are here, who have taken and came and hijacked this event that we're dealing with here ... this is not a health care event. You've played the choice to come here," he told the man.
More at the URL

Old 02-23-2017, 11:30 AM

18,499 posts, read 7,256,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
We all know our Republican congressmen haven't worked in the past 7 years. I'm sure another night off won't hurt.
The Judiciary and the Executive have been power-grabbing for decades. With the Supreme Court and President making all the law by judicial fiat and executive order, there's not much left for Congressmen to do.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:32 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,697,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I go to city/public/whatever meetings quite often. And let me tell you, opponents, no matter what part of the political spectrum they are on compared to the "leaders" can be just plain rude.

I remember a particularly heated meeting a few years ago that I went to where the opposition (in this case a conservative person) had a bullhorn. Yes a bullhorn. And she was talking over the presenters - the elected officials. A person politely turned to her and said "can you please quiet down, I am trying to listen to the speaker right now. And this lady cursed out and yelled at the polite constituent. "You stupid b****, who do you think you are telling me to be quiet....."

The rest of us looked at each other in shock. This middle aged lady just went off for no reason!

This meeting encouraged and emboldened me to speak up and attend as many meetings as I can, because the loudest voice and squeakiest wheel most often has the biggest impact on our systems and regulations.

We have definitely lost the ability to have civil discourse these days. And it is only getting worse under the current administration.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:34 AM

46,757 posts, read 25,681,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Just where did "we" see this occur? Proof, please?
It's common knowledge! Once the Trumpenproletariat use that magic phrase, it's as good as fact and anyone challenging it is an effete intellectual refusing the truth that's evident to the Volk - ehm, I mean the people.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:36 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,803,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No everyone does not, unless they are under reasonable suspicion. Were these people under suspicion of committing a crime?

Old 02-23-2017, 11:38 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,607,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's common knowledge! Once the Trumpenproletariat use that magic phrase, it's as good as fact and anyone challenging it is an effete intellectual refusing the truth that's evident to the Volk - ehm, I mean the people.
It dovetails nicely with Trump's favorite expression concerning veracity. "Many people are saying............"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies