Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 07:37 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times

Advertisements

When an ID is required it will eliminate illegal aliens from attending that have a conviction as they can be picked up and deported and make a requirement that the meeting is only for constituents.

All others trying to get in under false pretenses should be arrested.

Or simply stop having a town hall meeting and the congressmen and women will have the night off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 07:38 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
So funny and entertaining that most Pub congressmen are hiding from their constituents.

The party of accountability.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:38 AM

5,897 posts, read 3,897,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Or simply stop having a town hall meeting and the congressmen and women will have the night off
We all know our Republican congressmen haven't worked in the past 7 years. I'm sure another night off won't hurt.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:44 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,209,320 times
Quote:
When an ID is required it will eliminate illegal aliens from attending that have a conviction as they can be picked up and deported and make a requirement that the meeting is only for constituents.

I.D. is a good idea.

If you aren't living in the area, you don't get to come protest and disrupt and thus deprive those that do live in the area from having their opportunity to speak to their Gov't rep.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:47 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
The ones who didn't handle their town hall are the ones saying people were bused in.

Hard to believe that when a woman stands up and says I live down the street from your office......want to come for dinner.

There is absolutely no solid proof that these folks at these meetings AREN'T constituents.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:49 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
I have no problem with these disruptions. Remember what Mike Pence said about Hamilton: "I Wasn't Offended; That's What Freedom Sounds Like".

The only problem is if the left is attempting to drown out any semblance of free speech. We know libs on college campuses across the country are trying to silence the right.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Have you seen the crowds-- is anyone under 50 -- lol.

These are people deeply concerned about what is going on. The politicians can make up all kinds of excuses but it is what it is.

I am not a supporter of Mark Sanford. Honestly I had no respect or time for the man. I've been so impressed with his approach to all of this.

He brings out a valid point -- might be a little too deep for some......when you approach the problems with hostility, you escalate the problem.

President Trump set a hostile tone in his election. It was refreshing for his supporters and they embraced it. It was a good strategy to win the election. However, it is not a good strategy to unite a country. Also -- it permeates down to the politicians we voted to represent us. Both sides are coming at issues defensively, ready to attack....standing ground on party lines & not really working towards a solution that would work for all the voters just not the true party loyalists. Both sides are to blame.

Mark Sanford said his meeting was hostile initially. He kept his cool.....assured the folks he was there to listen and he said it settled down and he got sheets and sheets of notes to take back with him on the concerns that people have.

Many of the concerns he says are already under consideration.

It is refreshing to read and hear what he had to say. Trust me -- I had NO respect or time for the man. His previous behavior as Governor was deplorable. But I am truly impressed with his approach and hope that through all the noise others will take up the same approach.

I differ still on policy issues but sure do appreciate a more mature, reasonable approach to solving problems.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:57 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
Quote:

I think you would be very disappointed to find that the vast majority of attendees have IDs.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:07 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
As long as it applies equally. Sounds good. You only get to yell at your own congressman.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:03 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Notice how some conservatives want to limit democracy when their opponents are vocal and showing up.

Interesting how that works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies