Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Legalize nationally 132 57.89%
Ban nationally 20 8.77%
Let states decide; federal government shouldn't interfere 76 33.33%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 10:32 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,089,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So much for the supposed Right leaning of this board

Legalize it and Tax it!
It's not even a partisan issue at this point. I think it's more a matter of whether it makes sense to continuously **** away taxpayer money fighting tooth and nail against people eating/smoking a plant.

Both parties likely have better things to do with their time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 10:35 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,626,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Are there Federal laws on abortion, homosexuality, crack and heroin? Then if there are Federal laws on marijuana I guess they must be enforced. Or are you a proponent of state laws or something?
The laws shouldn't be there in the first place. Also, there are many laws on the books that are just overlooked and not enforced.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:42 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,810,514 times
I don't think it is really a partisan issue either it is more of a generational gap.

Pre boomer generation seems to be overwhelmingly against it.
Boomer generation is probably 50-50
Post boomer generations are overwhelmingly for legalization.

One of these demographics is actively in the process of expiring, which explains the shift in public opinion. It will only continue to grow stronger as time goes on.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:45 AM

30,566 posts, read 21,744,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I don't think it is really a partisan issue either it is more of a generational gap.

Pre boomer generation seems to be overwhelmingly against it.
Boomer generation is probably 50-50
Post boomer generations are overwhelmingly for legalization.
I would think Boomers to be higher since they were the ones that brought pot to us.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:49 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,810,514 times
Quote:
I would think Boomers to be higher since they were the ones that brought pot to us.
Possibly, those numbers were a complete guess a$$pull based on my own anecdotal experience...

Anyone who voted no interested in stating your age? I voted full legalization - 32 years old.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:51 AM

30,566 posts, read 21,744,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
With all the other BS out there that is deadly, and legal, cannabis is hardly a threat. Legalize.

The down side would be people driving under the influence, accidents, and the increase in Law enforcement and Jails needed because of this. How much more than alcohol, who knows?

btw, I usually vote for Legalization for pot in most all cases, since it is in the same category as alcohol to me.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:52 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,089,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Marijuana addiction is an actual problem I think. I know people in their late 20s and 30s who get stoned on a daily basis. That is a problem at that age. But it's a problem the way alcoholism is a problem. This is not something the government should be getting involved in, except for educating people and encouraging chronic abusers to go to rehab.
Eh, I eat chips every day. But that vice pretty much only affects me.

On that same token (no pun intended), if soneone wants to get stoned and watch TV daily after work, that's their prerogative.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:53 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,751,443 times
Quote:
So much for the supposed Right leaning of this board

Legalize it and Tax it!
It's a generational issue, not a left/right issue. A lot of younger people are conservative on most issues but are pro-legalization. Once you look at the facts, it's hard to argue for continued prohibition.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:55 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,430,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranredd View Post
The real irony is how Sessions just put the "Ok" back to private prisons at the same time marijuana went into Federal crosshairs. It's pathetic really.
They're one step away from resurrecting the swastika.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:57 AM

1,478 posts, read 783,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
The laws shouldn't be there in the first place. Also, there are many laws on the books that are just overlooked and not enforced.
Like the laws against heroin, crack, and in support of abortion, homosexuality, are overlooked? Not really.

I fully support President Trump in whichever direction he wants to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies