Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Legalize nationally 132 57.89%
Ban nationally 20 8.77%
Let states decide; federal government shouldn't interfere 76 33.33%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 11:46 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I am of the opinion that one need only follow the money to find the TRUE opposition to decriminalizing drug possession, sale and use. I genuinely believe the opposition comes from those in government, justifying the spending and the growth of spending with their never ending war on drugs, profits from a prison industrial complex, profits from stealing from ordinary people's income and wealth via a justice system that claims to protect society from the choices of We The People, and ever expanding government taking to justify larger police forces and drug agencies.
This is one of the reasons why this announcement, contemporaneous with the announcement of the reinstatement of private federal prisons, is disconcerting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 11:51 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Is that a joke or did Oklahoma really just legalize tattoos? If that's true, they probably wouldn't legalize marijuana for another hundred years if ever.
It's true. I don't see Oklahoma legalizing marijuana before 2050. However, it will be de-facto legal whenever Texas, Kansas, Missouri, or Arkansas legalizes it. Unless Trump's crackdown is swift and decisive, one of those states are likely to go green within the next 10-15 years. Oklahoma's hand might be forced once it's legal federally as it will be legal on tribal land.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:52 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

Many medical marijuana breeds have a low THC content (which is what makes you high) and a high CBD content.

My 70 year old father has been getting MMJ infused lotion to soothe his arthritis in his hands -- it helps enough that he is actually able to go bowling again.

CBD, the medicinal effect in Marijuana has been shown to help major issues like seizures, epilepsy, Tourette's, and Parkinsons.

But sure, it's all about these people getting stoned
Maybe the doctor should have shown your father this before he destroyed his life with drugs

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngu.../11/potgay.jpg

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Strongly in favor of being able to do what I want to do with MY body and mind without thugs kidnapping me, incarcerating me, and/or robbing me of money.

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Strongly in favor of being able to do what I want to do with MY body and mind without thugs kidnapping me, incarcerating me, and/or robbing me of money.
That is the problem, boiled down into one sentence.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:58 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Trump is an old school workaholic so no surprise he'd be against legal weed. He propably has used very little of it in his life. Also marijuana and manufacturing jobs are a bad bad mix. Yet we're a broke nation that could use the tax income. Legalize and put a huge tax on it and heavily regulate it is my vote. It's not as harmful as alcohol just turns some people to zombies.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:05 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Trump is an old school workaholic so no surprise he'd be against legal weed. He propably has used very little of it in his life. Also marijuana and manufacturing jobs are a bad bad mix. Yet we're a broke nation that could use the tax income. Legalize and put a huge tax on it and heavily regulate it is my vote. It's not as harmful as alcohol just turns some people to zombies.
Trump's older brother was in his 50s when he died of alcoholism. Trump has always said that because of his brother's negative example, he avoids alcohol and drugs, and this is one of the few things he says that I take at face value.

But he obviously doesn't have a problem with other folks drinking, given his active, high society life. And I would be astounded to learn that he's never been to a party where marijuana and/or cocaine is available.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:08 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Decriminalize ALL drugs. Punish people for crimes. It is NOT a crime to choose to ingest, inhale or inject whatever one chooses, just because someone else says they "don't like" whatever an individual chooses.

Decriminalizing rather than legalizing allows people to choose whatever they want without having to PAY others for permission via some psycho takings SIN tax simply because others "don't like" what they are doing.
I'm with you on this.

And it could go a long way to cleaning up many issues at our southern border. Legalize this stuff, allow people to make it here legally in the US - and all of a sudden, those cartels are rendered useless.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:08 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,636,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Maybe the doctor should have shown your father this before he destroyed his life with drugs

I seriously hope you're being sarcastic. If not, then you really need to dig yourself out of the dark ages and read some actual science behind CBD.

Also, if you think MMJ infused lotion (we're talking hand lotion here) is destroying someone's life with drugs, then you must have never heard of people getting addicted to Morphine or Hydrocodine, right? both completely legal drugs.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:12 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post

This makes me laugh.

Do you actually know what Pharyngula is? Believe me, that graphic was posted in order for Pharyngula posters to poke fun at.

And they are absolutely merciless when it comes to poking fun at religionists, homophobes, and drug warriors - well, right-wingers in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies