Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 08:54 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,449,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I don't understand really. We invented globalism. Now we hate it? The bigger question is why are they mutually exclusive? Can't we have a well regulated global market that helps America and others too? It is possible to have a win win if done right.
It's not that we hate it, it's just that we see it's effects now. Quite frankly we can't compete with a slave wage, child labor, or sweat shops. Without being able to compete our middle class will fade. There will, of course, be other opportunities and we would eventually adjust but it's difficult to watch people fall before your eyes waiting for that change. Becoming Global is easy to say but far harder to actually do.

The fear is becoming a country where the majority are lower class and a few are making money off a global economy. I guess it just depends what you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 09:38 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,449,162 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY3ZrKd6SD8

We call for change yet we have no plan. That seems to be the theme of the 2000's.
We have problems, but we don't know what to do about them. Might as well just be funny.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:45 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,881,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY3ZrKd6SD8

We call for change yet we have no plan. That seems to be the theme of the 2000's.
We have problems, but we don't know what to do about them. Might as well just be funny.

Well, SOME certainly DO have "a plan". The plan involves the fairly-rapid elimination of "America" as a robust, independent nation-state, subsumed to the whole One World thing. (Which I prefer to call The Borg....)

Old 02-24-2017, 09:55 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,690,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
And I do mean ALL....every current issue folds into this one question:

Globalism, or Americanism??
It is THE question for our age.

I don't agree at all. Every issue folds into the size and scope of government. Big government or small government.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:05 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,690,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
How is it that liberal came to mean science, ideas, technology... and conservative came to mean creationism, believing misinformation, going back to a simpler time?
That's the liberal (and juvenile) view. So we understand.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:24 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,881,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I don't agree at all. Every issue folds into the size and scope of government. Big government or small government.
Well yes, that's another way of wording it, I think:
The State, or The SUPER STATE (i.e. globalism).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies