Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2017, 03:40 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
There are lot of networks invited representing both sides. They picked few from each group(print,tv, radio). None of us not sure if there is any process to be fallowed? is there any space issue?

News outlets in the meeting:
Franco Ordonez, McClatchy
CBS, Margaret Brennan (pool)
Wall Street Journal (pool)
Washington Times
NBC, Hallie Jackson
ABC, Cecilia Vargas
Fox News, John Roberts
AFP, Andrew Beatty
Reuters
Hearst (pool)

News outlets kept out of the meeting:
DailyMail.com
Buzzfeed
Roll Call
New York Times
Politico
The Hill
Real Clear Politics
CNN
I'm sure AlternativeFactsInternational was granted entry.

They do after all have to report the day's events at NinComPac.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 03:41 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
There are lot of networks invited representing both sides. They picked few from each group(print,tv, radio). None of us not sure if there is any process to be fallowed? is there any space issue?

News outlets in the meeting:
Franco Ordonez, McClatchy
CBS, Margaret Brennan (pool)
Wall Street Journal (pool)
Washington Times
NBC, Hallie Jackson
ABC, Cecilia Vargas
Fox News, John Roberts
AFP, Andrew Beatty
Reuters
Hearst (pool)

News outlets kept out of the meeting:
DailyMail.com
Buzzfeed
Roll Call
New York Times
Politico
The Hill
Real Clear Politics
CNN

When Breitbart and One America News Network are allowed in while CNN and the NY Times are not, the intention is pretty evident.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:42 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'm sure AlternativeFactsInternational was granted entry.
I am saying it is bad thing and just showed list. Let us see if there is further clarification about the process.

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
When Breitbart and One America News Network are allowed in while CNN and the NY Times are not, the intention is pretty evident.
This sums it up nicely.

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
If you want to believe the fairy tale that Trump or the MSM are transparent that's your own personal folly.
The MSM ARE transparent!

They were in the tank for Hillary. Still are. Anyone could see that.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:43 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
So what did Trumps administration come for?

Opps, didn't think of that one did you?

You people wouldn't look so silly if you actually read the history you like to quote. You then might actually learn something.

Trumps administration made a ton of (hollow) promises about jobs, trade, health care, immigration, schools, oil, and "draining the swamp". Pretty much everyone knew it was a bunch of BS, hence the low vote count. But, give or take a little Russian shenanigans, he was duly elected. What the people who voted for him THOUGHT they were getting, only they know.

But now, here we are, on the verge of repeating some very nasty global history. I can't recall a nation where Democracy has survived this sort of onslaught unless the uprising can be squelched very quickly.

I don't mean to pick on you as I am sure you are a very nice person and well intended. But just imagine for a second that YOU are the one receiving the not so good news from the Fuhrer. The local boss comes on Saturday to tell you that your house now belongs to the state, but you can live in it as long as you pay the taxes to the fuhrer. Your job on Monday will be picking beans at $5.00 per hour. You will get a chit which will be good at the state grocery store and the state gas station. Information on where to find these will be on the State TV channel. Your children have been removed to the medical lab for experimentation on chemical weapons we are developing to defeat the Chinese who have foreclosed on our debt.

"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country". I can't spend more time explaining what to many (you) is inexplicable. But if you don't think this is a very serious time in our nation's history, I can tell you that between posts I received an email from a VERY senior former State Attorney. The list of names on the email was stunning, at least to me who is a little peon fighting for his country. The message was STOP posting and emailing and trying to convince people who don't wish to listen that they need to come to their senses, whatever their political persuasion. The time now is for action.

And so I am off. I respect his pleading and will do anything I can to help him attempt to save our nation. Just think about it, please, before you take it for granted that a person who has lied to you about every single thing they have done or will do, who has brought in militant tactics to round up the people (who is to say the boss doesn't come around tomorrow and say YOU lied or consorted because you watched CNN one time? Innocent? Who cares?) and who is now sequestering the press because they are closing in on his tactics, is somehow looking out for you.

For anyone out side of the Bannon cabal, he is NOT, nor is he looking out for America, except as to how he can take it over and plunder the assets.

Go ahead. Don't believe me. Record the date. And remember the advice you were given. Good luck to you and your family. It is time to be an American who supports and protects the Constitution.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:44 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Apparently the Donald's press secretary pulled a stunt today and took selected Press Pool members, plus pro Trump outlets, from the daily briefing and moved them to a private setting. Anyone else at the daily press briefing was excluded. When the entire group tried to move with the selected pool, they were blocked.
Good, because it is repugnant that bigoted views are fraudulently misrepresented as facts by the Media.

You might want to read the Constitution, because there's nothing in the Constitution that says the Media is entitled to be at briefings.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:44 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"And So It Begins--Banning the Press"

Other presidents have banned media. When Obama banned FOX, they had a fit.
Proof?

He never banned Fox or any other legitimate news organization.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:45 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
CBS, WT, ABC, NBC are there. Leaving CNN is intentional. They actually marked CBS, Margaret Brennan (pool) Wall Street Journal (pool) as a pool. I don't know what does it mean.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:45 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The MSM ARE transparent!

They were in the tank for Hillary. Still are. Anyone could see that.
True.

They are an arm of the Democratic Party under the State known as the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies