Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 12:52 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Yeah, I'm so scared. I'm gonna go hide.
Smile away, but I think Trump is a dangerous man and is evolving into a dictator. I wish I was worrying for nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 12:52 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What was the last POTUS that didn't have any "exclusionary" access for some news people or interviewers?

Have you watched many of these pressers? So many of the questions are asked over and over again that it bogs it down. How many times can you Field the same question about a specific LGBT bathroom issue with slightly different wording?

This allows them to have a secondary presser in which they can have people who aren't focused on beating a dead horse.
You just lost my respect completely and here I thought you weren't the typical Trumpster.... ignored bigly!

They picked Breibart over NY Times? Give me a break!!

Old 02-24-2017, 12:54 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,977 times
Why is any White House/administration not 'entitled' to pick any news source they wish (if any) to tell about current events?

Their circus, their monkeys. Ours not, in this case, to question why (these are their choices).

If they restricted all media from reporting anything about anyone anywhere or any time from any source, that would be an infringement of media (and our) rights. And at that point we should all protest, VERY loudly - and have it taken as fast as possible up the ladder to the Supreme Court.

But, their 'choice' if they are selecting particular groups to get access or even if they give limited access to some and more to others, etc. for their particular news only is not of real import. If you want the NYT to get better access perhaps you should lobby the NYT to clean up their act. They are better writers perhaps than most but they are just as slanted many times as the worst of them.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:56 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
The press has no right to be continuously briefed by the president and the WH, you do realize this correct?
The press is covered by the Constitution. Apparently Trump supporters don't care about the Constitution if Trump tells them not to.

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Well, it would help if the mainstream media would actually report NEWS instead of conspiracy theories.

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The press is covered by the Constitution. Apparently Trump supporters don't care about the Constitution if Trump tells them not to.
What section of the Constitution was violated?

Please be specific. Otherwise, it's just derangement.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:57 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Well, it would help if the mainstream media would actually report NEWS instead of conspiracy theories.
And yet, Breitbart--a site that is built on conspiracy theories--was not excluded. What say you about that?

Old 02-24-2017, 01:00 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
I'm not surprised. Imagine if President Obama did this ...or did he?

Old 02-24-2017, 01:01 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Headline: White House bars CNN, NYT, LAT, BuzzFeed, Politico from today’s press gaggle with Spicer

That's a badge of honor for those media outlets. Well done.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:02 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
The press has no right to be continuously briefed by the president and the WH, you do realize this correct?
Without the Washington Post doing investigative work, the public still wouldn't know that Flynn lied to the Vice President about his multiple phone calls to the Russians over getting the sanctions removed in exchange for the Russians not pushing the embarrassing news about Trumps orgy in a Moscow Hotel.

Today we learned that the White House tried to silence the FBI over Trumps contacts with the Russians. Would the Prez come out and tell the American people that he tried to get the FBI to say there was nothing going on when it is clear that multiple contacts were made, and in exchange the Russians fiddled with the election?

The Press has every right to investigate the stories behind the actions of our supposed leaders, especially when the 'leaders' have been proven to lie over and over again. To do so without repercussions would allow an already out of control White House to take steps to further tighten their control on the people.

I really don't think you would enjoy living in such a nation. I know I would not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies