Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 06:33 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It ain't difficult to comprehend. It's difficult to believe.

See, if you hadn't hollered like a hit dog, then your story would be more believable.

Bust since you DID holler, I'm pretty sure that during the Clinton Administration, you were most definitely one of those complaining about Hillary's power and input.

That's cool though. The change of heart is refreshing even though it's only because the president is a Republican.

No you didn't.
Yes I did and glad I did as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 06:34 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It Doesn't Count If You're Republican.
The insane amount of hypocrisy among Republicans is truly mind blowing. Everything they attacked Democrats for, they're doing 10 times more blatantly.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:35 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Very nice analogy.

And keep in mind, Hillary Clinton was already experienced in legal and health issues. Ivanka, of course, has zero experience in anything relevant. Her career has been in fashion - and my impression is that she has no particular expertise in fashion, either. I mean, I don't think she ever actually studied design.
Nope, she just copies cheap designs from other designers and has her crap made in China so it can be sold to all the gullible people who think they're buying a good brand.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:58 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I don't care if Trump consults with any member of his family. However, if he does, then all of them need to divest from the Trump Organization while he is in office.

The comparison to Hillary Clinton is ridiculous. She wasn't trying to sell her clothing line and her brothers weren't opening up golf courses in foreign countries in the Clintons' name.
No, Hillary just robbed her so called charity fund to fund her daughters wedding.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:59 AM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
I will vote for her when she eventually runs.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:06 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Very nice analogy.

And keep in mind, Hillary Clinton was already experienced in legal and health issues. Ivanka, of course, has zero experience in anything relevant. Her career has been in fashion - and my impression is that she has no particular expertise in fashion, either. I mean, I don't think she ever actually studied design.
Not quite true. I met her several times in the past on a project that had nothing to do with fashion. It was about a potential hotel, and she walked in with her lawyers and accountants and led the conversation about construction costs, historical preservation, the local labor and zoning issues, etc. She is smart as heck about real estate and the hotel industry. Now, not sure if THAT'S relevant to politics, either, and I didn't vote for her father, but people put him in office with no political experience, either.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:33 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Very nice analogy.

Hillary knew zip about health care, zip about how Congress actually works, and almost single-handedly created a Republican House majority in 1994.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:35 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
LMAO...of course it doesn't. And of course, i'm gonna get a rash of comments about how there was no consternation over Hillary Clinton's executive involvement and how they never had any problems with it. And of course, they'll say i'm making all up.

But, my Danish friend....we both know better, don't we.
I won't.I'll say nobody gives a crap. Just like nobody cares for the angst of those who complain now.Just like no one on the left cared when we complained for the last 8 years.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:40 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Not quite true. I met her several times in the past on a project that had nothing to do with fashion. It was about a potential hotel, and she walked in with her lawyers and accountants and led the conversation about construction costs, historical preservation, the local labor and zoning issues, etc. She is smart as heck about real estate and the hotel industry. Now, not sure if THAT'S relevant to politics, either, and I didn't vote for her father, but people put him in office with no political experience, either.
IMHO Ivanka comes across as "Presidential"; kinda like JFK did, Bush 41 and a few others. Hillary does NOT and Sarah Palin doesn't either.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:23 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,259,110 times
Quote:
Did I say something bad about Trump?

So would it be ok if Ivanka advised Trump on let's say....Defense Policy?
Well, lets try again,"I voted for President Trump and whoever he appoints, hires,seeks advice from, etc is OK with me."
Is that clearer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies