Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 04:55 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times

Advertisements

The New York Times Fact Checks Trump: All True | The Daily Caller

WOW, this is a switch for NYT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 05:46 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Sweet!

Old 03-01-2017, 07:22 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Finally!

Old 03-01-2017, 07:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
[url=http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/01/the-new-york-times-fact-checks-trump-all-true/?utm_campaign=thedcmainpage&utm_source=Facebook&ut m_medium=Social]The New York Times Fact Checks Trump: All True | The Daily Caller[/url]

WOW, this is a switch for NYT.
Really? ALL true? I read that article last night. There were words like "misleading" and "exaggerated" and several comments like "needs context." Also they reported his claim that NAFTA is to blame for the loss of jobs is false.

Did anyone actually bother read the New York Times?

Old 03-01-2017, 07:30 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Really? ALL true? I read that article last night. There were words like "misleading" and "exaggerated" and several comments like "needs context." Also they reported his claim that NAFTA is to blame for the loss of jobs is false.

GASP

sorry snowflake, when the left turns on the NYT the end is nigh

For the most part, Trump became a President last night, and you can't stand it. THAT warms my soul.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:35 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
GASP

sorry snowflake, when the left turns on the NYT the end is nigh

For the most part, Trump became a President last night, and you can't stand it. THAT warms my soul.

I only reported what was written. Your post makes no sense at all. How am I "turning on" the New York Times? The thread topic is misleading.

By the way, when President Obama used a teleprompter, all I heard were jokes. President Trump read almost every word of his speech last night. If you think a good speech makes a man a good President, you must have loved Obama.

Really, people should READ the articles before they post comments that aren't totally true.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:52 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,484,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
For the most part, Trump became a President last night, and you can't stand it.
So according to you, he's suddenly become the President because he didn't act like a 5-year-old for the first time? Well he was President since 1/20/17, and since then all he's been doing is behaving like a petty, immature, thin-skinned egomaniac.

I doubt that reading a speech that someone wrote for him from a teleprompter is indicative of a sudden change in character. His true character is what we have seen during his months of campaigning and since being sworn into office. At 70 yo, he is who he is. He has not changed.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:22 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

Did anyone actually bother read the New York Times?
You beat me to it. Also to the fact that the Daily Caller is extremely biased to the right, I decided to look at the NY Times at my own, and they were much more nuanced with the speech, like you said. Considering they left that out and decided to make up their own headlines, fake news I believe that's called these days, definitely makes the Daily Caller a really right wing biased site. They have mixed results with factual and fake news. This story is fake news
Quote:
Notes: The Daily Caller is an American news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C.. It was founded by Tucker Carlson, a libertarian conservative political pundit, and Neil Patel, former adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney (Wikipedia). The Daily Caller produces sensational headlines and has a right wing bias in reporting and has made false claims according to Snopes and Politifact.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/?s=Da...&submit=Search

Old 03-02-2017, 04:24 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
How cute to see Trumpies getting all gushy over the 'fake news!' NYT.

Old 03-02-2017, 04:31 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
WaPo did a great job fact-checking the speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies