Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 10:48 PM

165 posts, read 116,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I'm an ENFJ as well: 16%, 34%, 31%, 22%.

Only 2% of people are ENFJ. It does meet my personality - - I'm a professor and teachers are supposed to be ENFJ.

Liberal Democrat.
Similar profession and political leaning as well. It's pretty spot on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 11:25 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Here's what I got from Wikipedia on my diagnosis of INTJ:

Quote:
The INTJ represents "The Mastermind". INTJs are one of the rarest of the 16 psychological types and account for approximately 2-4% of the population. Women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population.
Quote:
Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel
^ Spot on for me.

Quote:
They may even be considered the most independent of all of the sixteen personality types.
I LOATHE collectivism as most should know by now. The mere thought of collectivism by force makes me lose my mind.

Quote:
Agreement on theoretical concepts is an important aspect of their relationships. By nature INTJs can be demanding in their expectations, and approach relationships in a rational manner. As a result, INTJs may not always respond to a spontaneous infatuation but wait for a mate who better fits their set criteria.
Spot on.

Quote:
At times, INTJs seem cold, reserved, and unresponsive, while in fact they are almost hypersensitive to signals of rejection from those they care for.
Got me again.

Quote:
...(INTJs) do not readily accept authority based on tradition, rank, or title.
That's me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTJ

Old 02-24-2017, 11:35 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times
ENTJ here.

Very social liberal. Get your freak on as long as you don't hurt someone else. General hater of orthodoxy. Tell me there's only one way to do/think/be and my skin crawls. Very open to alternative views if not presented rudely. But fiscally conservative. I despise taxes because there are fools managing the influx.

78% extroverted
78% intuitive
62% thinking
55% judging

Always liked this test. Took it freshman year in college. Same results 20 years later.

Old 02-25-2017, 12:08 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I'm an ENFJ as well: 16%, 34%, 31%, 22%.

Only 2% of people are ENFJ. It does meet my personality - - I'm a professor and teachers are supposed to be ENFJ.

Liberal Democrat.
Wow - no wonder I never felt at home working in corporate America. I'm an ENFJ and after nearly 20 years of the middle management hustle, I decided to go back to school in 2013 so I can teach.

Politically I prefer to avoid labels; I don't really fit any category known to me. Issues such as right to choose, immigration, capital punishment, second amendment, social services, etc. I have opinions about but they don't 'match' with a political party or persuasion. I guess I'm an anomaly. I get along with everyone though (IRL) even with folks at the two ends of the political spectrum. I respect others' views and find no reason to convert anyone to my perspectives. I share facts, am a fan of logic and reason, and choose not to engage in political discourse with individuals who cannot separate their emotions from their views. You can have your own opinion, but you don't get to have your own set of 'facts'.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:22 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Wow - no wonder I never felt at home working in corporate America. I'm an ENFJ and after nearly 20 years of the middle management hustle, I decided to go back to school in 2013 so I can teach.

Politically I prefer to avoid labels; I don't really fit any category known to me. Issues such as right to choose, immigration, capital punishment, second amendment, social services, etc. I have opinions about but they don't 'match' with a political party or persuasion. I guess I'm an anomaly. I get along with everyone though (IRL) even with folks at the two ends of the political spectrum. I respect others' views and find no reason to convert anyone to my perspectives. I share facts, am a fan of logic and reason, and choose not to engage in political discourse with individuals who cannot separate their emotions from their views. You can have your own opinion, but you don't get to have your own set of 'facts'.
I pride myself in not having my politics get into my teaching - - my mouthiness here doesn't get into the classroom. I do tend to respect others' opinions as long as they are critically thought out and sincere. While I label myself as a Liberal Democrat, most liberal democrats probably wouldn't (there are issues where I don't tow that ideological line).

Old 02-25-2017, 11:17 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,733,461 times
INTP
Independent but strongly liberal on many social issues. Moderately liberal on most economic issues. I say "independent" because I try to think about each issue on its own merits, without much concern for whether it is liberals or conservatives who generally support it. One small example: Although I am mostly liberal, I share the conservative view that too many liberals go overboard with political correctness.

I have a strong academic background in various sciences and philosophy. I'd say my core motivations boil down to some combination of logic, the best available empirical data, and a Buddhist-style devotion to compassion.

Anyone who looks at my activity here in C-D will easily see that I am somewhat obsessed with finding the BEST argument and evidence for BOTH sides of controversial issues. My pet peeve is people shouting their opinions while showing no evidence of understanding the opposing view.

I've taken the Meyers-Brigg many times over the past several decades. Sometimes I've scored INTX ("X" is on the line, too close to call) and one time I scored INXP, but overall INTP is the best fit.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
ENTJ

Extravert(25%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(9%) Judging(25%)

Political moderate/realist

Old 02-25-2017, 11:42 AM

8 posts, read 7,452 times
Cool Free to be

Extreme Extrovert; will talk to all--providing they are positive. Politics: Believe in respecting The People and speaking the truth and uniting the peeps. Lead with Dignity

Old 02-25-2017, 12:12 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
ESFP All slight preferences (9%, 6%, 22%, 9%)

I'm Left Wing, not sure the best way to describe my political views but I suppose its pretty Left compared to the American Left, in a kind of social democratic kind of way.

Old 02-25-2017, 12:17 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Here's what I got from Wikipedia on my diagnosis of INTJ:

^ Spot on for me.

I LOATHE collectivism as most should know by now. The mere thought of collectivism by force makes me lose my mind.

Spot on.

Got me again.

That's me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTJ
Yes, as stated, this nailed my personality to a T...which surprises me. Plus, I'm female...so I'm a rare creature indeed.

However, as I am self identifying as the Queen of England today, I'd prefer to be addressed as "Your Majesty" and not "INTJ".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies